TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

Like many I'm considering stopping at KK this Sunday after Holiwood Nights. However, money is very tight, and I don't know whether to go considering the only ride I'm interested in is Lightning Run. Would you say the ride is worth the price of admission? Also, how long should I expect to wait for each lap on it?

Has anyone got video of T3 testing? I really want to see it in action I was hoping to stop in KK after Holiwood Nights on Sunday but circumstances have forced me to hold off my KK visit until next Sunday. oh well...One more week to get the bugs out.

Kentucky Kingdom's website now has T3 opening on the 6th.

hmmmm I hope we don’t run into the same issue like the enterprise. when the date was pushed back every other week and they just said ok it opens next year. lol

Enterprise was a bit of a different problem. It was testing prior to park opening last year and a part went bad. Many HUSS rides around the country had downtime due to getting parts.

If I were a betting man, my bet would be that T3 will open between June 21 and July 4. They seem to push the reopening date up about 3 days at a time, so hopefully that will give them enough time to do what they need to do.

Enterprise was a bit of a different problem. It was testing prior to park opening last year and a part went bad. Many HUSS rides around the country had downtime due to getting parts.

If I were a betting man, my bet would be that T3 will open between June 21 and July 4. They seem to push the reopening date up about 3 days at a time, so hopefully that will give them enough time to do what they need to do.

I get that they're having trouble with it; it's was shuttered for years and needed some major overhauls and parts from a manufacturer that has went though some revisions itself. But I don't understand why they didn't make some sort of announcement on Facebook about it, so people will know. I'd be upset if I'd planned a visit to the park this week and the new marquee attraction wasn't ready yet and no one told me about it :/. Just say something along the lines of "I know many of you are excited about the opening of T3, but to ensure its up to our strict safety standards we are going to delay opening a few weeks to compete more testing... Blah blah"

This is what they had to say which I agree make sure its right before opening.

T3, formerly T2, a gravity defying suspended looping coaster with five inversions, has been out of operation for five years. Kentucky Kingdom has totally revamped this exciting coaster with new trains, a new magnetic braking system as well as many other refurbishments which will result in a smoother than ever rider experience. We apologize for the minor delay in opening but we hope you will agree that the wait was well worth it.

I wish Greezed Lightnin would have been overhauled and saved instead, and the SLC scrapped. I'm sure many share my feelings lol!

For sentimental and preservative reasons, sure. For ride experience? Eh, Its replacement is regularly garnering a much bigger queue.

Are you guys confident about t3 opening on the 6th? Also, for those of you who have ridden an SLC, are they forceful?

They are definitely foreceful, the problems is the roughness and headbanging

This. The forces tend to get lost in the roughness, though. Also T2 wasn't exactly a headbanger as much as it was something that just rattled your entire body around.

I wish Greezed Lightnin would have been overhauled and saved instead, and the SLC scrapped. I'm sure many share my feelings lol!

For sentimental and preservative reasons, sure. For ride experience? Eh, Its replacement is regularly garnering a much bigger queue.

Are you guys confident about t3 opening on the 6th? Also, for those of you who have ridden an SLC, are they forceful?

They are definitely foreceful, the problems is the roughness and headbanging

This. The forces tend to get lost in the roughness, though. Also T2 wasn't exactly a headbanger as much as it was something that just rattled your entire body around.

very fun rides. The new trains should really help with headbanging. I have never been on the new kum trains so I cant say on the vibrations or jerking, but headbanging will be gone.

We ended up visiting here on Sunday and had a very nice time. Lightning Run was awesome, as expected. Thunder Run was great, too, I thought the layout really delivered. The ops were so SLOW though! Consistently slow throughout the whole park. What was weird is most employees seemed happy and into their job, but it was almost like the park told them to slow down and take their time. Seriously the most methodical safety procedures I've ever seen... reading the whole safety spiel before letting anyone into the ride area, waiting for every single passenger to clear the boarding area before opening the air gates... agonizingly slow.

^While that is true, not letting anyone board the train until every guest exiting has completely cleared from the station is unnecessary and in part explains why I have heard only of long slow lines from this park.

Other than that and the delays with new rides opening, the park seems to be on top of things really well.