TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

An interesting new rumor has been making the rounds, at first quietly from those with access to inner circle knowledge and now it is starting to leak out to more hungry ears with mouths eager to share. This involves the park's plans for the former Twister Sisters dueling wooden coasters and if this rumor is true, I'm being told that the park may be handing the ride over to Rocky Mountain Construction for a fairly dramatic overhaul.

I'm just not 100% sure if this is for 2016, or if this is planned for 2017... but if this is for next season, I'm sure we'll see construction begin on it within the next month or so, because unlike other RMC transformations, there is no need to worry about the public getting their last rides in, as the ride has sat closed for years now and is more than ready for a major overhaul whenever they are ready to jump on it. We'll just have to wait and see.

Personally, I'd wouldn't be surprised if Twisted Twins was one of the three RMC projects for 2016... The other two, you ask? Hmm...

Well, I cannot say that I'm sure, but I would guess on Dollywood's wooden/launch coaster and one SF project (Maybe Roar? Although I'd really love Boss...)

Was at the park today, had a pretty good crowd, considering School is still going on in this area. Cyclos is awesome, it's my favorite flat in the park now. Walked by T3, going to Raging Rapids and they were 2 guys up by the lift motor. You could here the lift chain but they never sent the train. There is only 1 Train, so I guess they're going with a single Train til they see how it's going to do.

I wonder if they would try to pull some Twisted Collossus and have the trains go through both sides?

Take out the brakes, and have a station flyby through the sacraficed side's platform. Remember, the sides exit opposite have lift hills just as accordingly.

I wonder if they would try to pull some Twisted Collossus and have the trains go through both sides?

Take out the brakes, and have a station flyby through the sacraficed side's platform. Remember, the sides exit opposite have lift hills just as accordingly.

I didn't remember that the stations were a little separated. That's a good point

I didn't remember that the stations were a little separated. That's a good point

lets just let RMC do their thing lol. hopefully

I really wish the park owner had taken my advice when he asked for honest opinions on our visit last summer and I told him to just give up on T2/3 and focus elsewhere.

Instead he was condescending to me and now he has a (not even) polished turd.

The thing is, as much as we all hate SLCs, for some odd reason they are wildly popular with the GP. So in that sense, keeping it will please the locals and offer a large thrill ride to compete with other parks for little investment. That is, if they can get it open.

I've never actually been on an SLC, but even though they may not be appealing to enthusiasts, they really do look cool, and I'm sure the GP will eat it up. In my opinion, it makes sense for the park to keep T3, because even though they probably still spent a lot on refurbishing it, a brand-new coaster would've been even more expensive. And who knows, the new trains could actually make it a decent ride.

I don't understand all of this love for SLC's.

Sure if the ride were brand new and there wasn't a bigger, launched, more awesome looking upside-down steel roller coaster an hour away it may work, but this ride already existed for a bunch of years at the park and will have a bad reputation when it reopens. The money they're spending on the ride, marketing, maintenance, etc. surely could have been spent elsewhere.

I wish they blew up T3 and then broke all the remaining pieces by running them over will a bulldozer.I have a deep-seated hatred for that ride, which is weird considering that I don't mind SLC's as much as most other enthusiasts. Why, out all the rides they had, did they choose to keep this one? Was it really that popular with guests in the years leading up to its closure?

I don't understand all of this love for SLC's.

One word: humanity

Sure if the ride were brand new and there wasn't a bigger, launched, more awesome looking upside-down steel roller coaster an hour away it may work, but this ride already existed for a bunch of years at the park and will have a bad reputation when it reopens. The money they're spending on the ride, marketing, maintenance, etc. surely could have been spent elsewhere.

No! You are WRONG!!! What do YOU know about theme parks?!??!?!

Ugh, I hate people...

Edited by robbalvey