TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

In regards to concern about the track style expressed a few pages back, the Morgan coasters currently in existence are all well over a decade old and are still amazingly smooth. As a matter of fact I swear that Steel Force is actually smoother than any Intamin or B&M I've ever ridden. Of course that's an arbitrary perspective but I'm wondering if anyone else agrees.

There are two ridiculously smooth B&Ms within walking distance of Steel Force. But, yeah, Steel Force has held up very well.

I don't know how I forgot about this new Morgan hyper, but I need to remind myself to check this page regularly. Very interested to see how this stacks up against todays other modern coasters.

I'll give construction about 3-4 weeks.

Because you have learned all about construction schedules in your 13 years of life???

Maybe a few more weeks, but I think this thing will go up quick. the ride isn't that big.

I don't doubt that the construction will go quickly, I was just giving him a hard time since he said it so definitively.

Edited by ernierocker

There are two ridiculously smooth B&Ms within walking distance of Steel Force. But, yeah, Steel Force has held up very well.

Talon is a great coaster, but I actually think Hydra is getting really rough for a B&M. I still ride it multiple times whenever I go to the park but this ride isn't really up to B&M's standards of smoothness. I'd go so far as to say it's the roughest B&M I've ridden besides the standups.

Talon is a great coaster, but I actually think Hydra is getting really rough for a B&M. I still ride it multiple times whenever I go to the park but this ride isn't really up to B&M's standards of smoothness. I'd go so far as to say it's the roughest B&M I've ridden besides the standups.

I actually got great rides on Hydra last summer without one bit of headbanging. (although I still like talon more)

As to steel force, I genuinely though it was great fun. Because the restraints don't get tight I had a great time, sitting in the front, on those last hills as I would lift every time. It's also smooth and very very re-ridable.

Much of the "smoothness" on b&ms really depend on the maintenance of the train. silver bullet will go through cycles of having a strong and noticeable rattle to being butter smooth. Likewise you find rides like scream which have that rattle no matter when you ride. This is based on my own observations though

I'm not sure why but this picture gets me excited.

Well, it's because it's the first Mega Lite-style coaster in America, it's New Kentucky Kingdom, and it's coaster construction in general! That's why! Haha

I can't wait for Lightning Run to open! It looks great!