TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kentucky Kingdom (SFKK, KK) Discussion Thread

A lawn chair and a few bungee cords and the coaster is ready to go! It is Kentucky after all.

Hang some reclining lounges off either end of the chassis and you got yourself a Wing Rider.

Wow wee wow wow!!!

Thanks to Midgetman82 and the picture of a chassis being tested on the track has lead me to three conclusions: The Roller Skater is being worked on at the park, The Roller Skater will be running on opening day, and I'm not the only one who cares deeply about the Roller Skater.

If the chassis looks good, then I hope the train will look even better; after all, who wants to go roller skating in ugly shoes?

ROLLER SKATER 2014 - AM I crazy or WHAT?!?

It was a lease and went back to S&S iirc. The Slingshot and wild mouse both were supposed to both go to SFNE...but the Slingshot didn't get approval and was moved to Elitch Gardens. SFNE almost had a shake n' bake, shove and brake, and launch and stop all from KK (still ended up with two of the three).

False. SFNE has had Slingshot since 2009. We were only going to get RRE. =]

^You might be on to something sir.

Didn't Alton or Thorpe do some naked coaster riding contest a few years back?

both of them on Nemesis & Nemesis Inferno, I think Southend on sea also did one a year or two ago. London Zoo also had a naked run recently too......

^^I thought things ended differently. Slingshot was added at SFKK in 2002 (came from SFGAdv). It had to be removed a couple years later; the gossip was that the height that the ball launched to was over SFKK's 200 ft height limit and the airport made a fuss. It was sent to SFNE to open for the 2005 season but the park was not granted approval to build it because of it's height. It was refurbished and sent to Elitch Gardens where it opened in 2006. When permission was given to SFNE to build up 200ft without needing approval in 2008, the Slingshot at SFStL was removed from that park, refurbished, and reopened in 2009 at SFNE.....I could be wrong though.

Back to the NKK, does anyone else feel that this new coaster might actually turn out to be the Magic Springs Skyloop? I know the price tag is $7mil but I haven't been able to shake that notion over the last week or so....

Back to the NKK, does anyone else feel that this new coaster might actually turn out to be the Magic Springs Skyloop? I know the price tag is $7mil but I haven't been able to shake that notion over the last week or so....

I thought the Skyloop was going to be sent to Elitch Gardens... But things could have changed.

I'm pretty sure that it's still going there. Weren't they just having problems taking it apart?

That's what I have been fearing he might add. With the X-Coaster costing around $4 million when it was built it would seem to fit the budget and if it is what Hart has used on one of his other parks, he is likely to use it again if he felt it was a good move. Look no further than his choice to use a SLC at Magic Springs after his experience running KK.

both of them on Nemesis & Nemesis Inferno, I think Southend on sea also did one a year or two ago. London Zoo also had a naked run recently too......

There was also another Alton Towers event where women were testing out bras on coasters:

Okay, sorry for the digression/distraction!

Yea that's what I figured. HaHa

^I don't mind at all.

I think it will be a Launched Coaster of some type, I can't see Ed adding, something used the first year. He will want something New, to attract all People. He loves turning a " Dried out Flower, into a Beautiful Arrangement", that People like.

I seriously hope that ride is going to EG. I still wouldn't be surprised if KK added a Skyloop of some sort; maybe the launch variation that no park has installed yet. If not a Skyloop, my money is on a launched Eurofighter. Deep down I really want to see a Mega-lite, but that's a pipe dream unfortunately.

IRM RIdes had an interesting post on there Facebook page today. They said they were working to help small privately owned independent parks expand and rebuild, and they also mentioned that they were working with Premier Rides for some Skyrocket II proposals,. Do you think this may have something to do with KK and possibly putting in a similar ride to Superman?

I wouldn't be opposed either, a coaster similar to Skyrocket would at least carry some substance. If this turns out to be a Premier creation I fear it'd be akin to a Skyrocket II ala S:UF. Not saying that a clone or tweaked version is a bad thing (any steel coaster beats no coaster/used vekoma), but I'd much prefer a vertically shorter coaster with a well rounded layout.