TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Great America (SFGAm) Discussion Thread

- Zamperla Giant Discovery replacing Revolution

Am I the only person who likes Revolution? I know SFGAm doesn't operate the most intense program for the ride but I do enjoy Revolution, and I don't really want it to spin like a Round-Up/Zero Gravity ride either.

- Zamperla Giant Discovery replacing Revolution

Am I the only person who likes Revolution? I know SFGAm doesn't operate the most intense program for the ride but I do enjoy Revolution, and I don't really want it to spin like a Round-Up/Zero Gravity ride either.

Revolution on the reverse spin is very intense. It also fits the theme of the area very well. I enjoy the ride, even though the seats are tight

Construction probably isn't going to start until the park closes for for the year. The spot where Joker is going is being used as a queue line for a haunted house plus there's a cover walkway and bridge that has to be taken down.

Edited by 9Armgeddon4

^ Well, SFOT has already brought in the Howell Crane and begun clearing the area for our S&S Free Fly. And the holes for the footers have already been dug! I would assume SFGA would be planning to open their S&S Joker at about the same time as SFOT. Sometime during the spring. To be fair, SFOT doesn't close until January, and then only for about a month. This is due to Holiday in the Park lasting that long, followed not long after by Spring Breakout.

Katy Enrique has already said our construction will not start until the park is closed in November. Only things that may be done is the complete removal of ERC & Jesters but they can't do anything until the park is completely closed because of the location the ride is going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, there's just so much wrong with that post that I don't know where to begin. I think this sums up my thoughts pretty well:

I wanted to punch myself in the face when I read it.

- Funtime 230ft Star Flyer where Dare Devil Dive is

I saw 240ft or bust. No more, no less.

Wow, there's just so much wrong with that post that I don't know where to begin. I think this sums up my thoughts pretty well:

I wanted to punch myself in the face when I read it.

- Funtime 230ft Star Flyer where Dare Devil Dive is

I saw 240ft or bust. No more, no less.

If it were up to me, I'd have 250ft to be honest.

Katy Enrique has already said our construction will not start until the park is closed in November. Only things that may be done is the complete removal of ERC & Jesters but they can't do anything until the park is completely closed because of the location the ride is going.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That is correct. I was at the park yesterday and the only construction going on is the removal of East River Crawler.

What is the point of them making gravestones for extinct rides? I understand its a joke because the rides are gone but it makes no sense? Gravestones mark where bodies are buried, it is not like the actual attraction is buried there! If anything, they should move the tombstones to where the actual ride was located. That would be a creative change.

Anyway, I hope to visit Great America next season during the summer on a road trip. I've only been a couple times, so what would you recommend as the top 3 attractions to do first for a single day? Thanks!

What is the point of them making gravestones for extinct rides? I understand its a joke because the rides are gone but it makes no sense? Gravestones mark where bodies are buried, it is not like the actual attraction is buried there! If anything, they should move the tombstones to where the actual ride was located. That would be a creative change.

Anyway, I hope to visit Great America next season during the summer on a road trip. I've only been a couple times, so what would you recommend as the top 3 attractions to do first for a single day? Thanks!

The gravestones are a nod to the history of a park. Theme parks are an industry where evolution is a key element. Out with the old/in with the new if you will. It's a way to remember the path a park has been down.

As for rides: Goliath, Batman (the original), and Raging Bull are my Top 3.

First avoid a weekend unless your buying a flash pass. Weekday plan:

1)Goliath first. Wait in regular cue 1st ride to get 1st or back. Then, re ride using the single riders line which will be short. The regular line will be 30-45 minutes fairly quickly most of the time.

2)Xflight lines are sporadic, but don't wait more than 35 minute b/c it will clear out at some point during the day and be 15 minutes or so. Best ride IMO is the front left outside. Go to Xflight second after a few Goliath rides and the line will likely 25 minutes or less

3)2)Ride Raging Bull mid afternoon, it usaully clears out from like 2-4pm and can be power ridden. The line for it moves really fast even if seems long if the crew isn't incompetent b/c of it's 3 train capacity.

4)Superman can get long lines. Superman is not really worth waiting more than 20 minutes in regular line IMO. So to avoid use the single rider line, which is again usually very short 5-10 minutes. . People don't even seem to realize the single rider line. Even if you're in a party of 2 you often can ride together.

5) Don't wait for Batman if you see any line beyond 2 or 3 switch backs. The ride clears out around 5-7pm and turns into a walk on or 5 minutes. You can marathon it if you wish. Ride in the back row. People will be lined up from the front not knowing the best ride is the back.

6)Hit V2 front row, again sporadic line but always has clear out periods.

After 8 most everything has pretty short waits except Goliath, which will still be the longest line in the park. It's the longest line in the park all day, that's why you hit it first. I would say try it again later if the single rider line is short and do 1 night ride. Goliath, Batman, Raging Bull, Xflight are worthy of making sure of a night ride.

Top 3?

1) Whizzer (Don't ride Whizzer for intensity; uniqueness and ride-ability are it's strong points.)

2) American Eagle - RED (Anywhere in the front car for most of the ride; the back car for the first drop. Hell, any seat for the first drop.)

3) Raging Bull

I guess I would throw Viper and Demon in there too. Most everything else is already found all over the country.

Even if you're in a party of 2 you often can ride together.

I personally wouldn't try this, while waiting in the SRL on a recent trip to the park, I saw the flash pass attendant confront a group of 2 trying to use the SRL and they were re-directed to the regular line.

----

I'd say the top 3 to do first are (1) Joker - It'll be the new coaster next year, so obviously everyone will be heading there first

(2) Goliath - Still gets full queues. I'd recommend the SRL (Unless you're coming to the park with others)

(3) V2 - Low Capacity, line fills up quickly

About the Gravestone thing, it's just for fun/memories

Even if you're in a party of 2 you often can ride together.

I personally wouldn't try this, while waiting in the SRL on a recent trip to the park, I saw the flash pass attendant confront a group of 2 trying to use the SRL and they were re-directed to the regular line.

----

I'd say the top 3 to do first are (1) Joker - It'll be the new coaster next year, so obviously everyone will be heading there first

(2) Goliath - Still gets full queues. I'd recommend the SRL (Unless you're coming to the park with others)

(3) V2 - Low Capacity, line fills up quickly

About the Gravestone thing, it's just for fun/memories

It is perfectly fine to use the SRL if a party of 2. The attendant should be told to pound sand as long as your following the rules. You just have to take what's open and not refuse to split up. You can't request to stay together or wait till 2 spots open up. On Superman 2 spots open up frequently from my experience.

Mini Fright Fest TR time.

So yesterday I took my second visit to Fright Fest. I did no do any of the haunted houses though.

I got to the park around 6 and stayed until closing(midnight)

In the 6 hours I was there I managed to ride

1. Viper

2. Terror Twister II

3. American Eagle- both sides- My friends and I actually split up both rides and somehow were able to get on the same train and row both times. My first ride was on the blue side and the second was on the red side.

4. X-Flight- both sides

5. Raging Bull

6. Superman

Unfortunately I never made it to Yankee Harbor or Mardi Gras so I wasn't able to get a look at the Joker construction progress.