TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hong Kong Disneyland (HKDL) Discussion Thread

I always loved the little changing portrait effects in the Haunted Mansions...I was pleased they decided to add a bit more depth to them in the beginning of the attraction. The Vesuvius and Medusa ones were incredible! Also seemed the design on Albert was a bit like Chandu (did I spell that right, or better yet, even get it remotely correct?) at DisneySea as the whole "cute sidekick", but the narrative revolves around said sidekick.

Very solid ride, and a pleasant departure from the standard formula.

Edited by MayTheGForceBeWithYou

I'm resisting watching that preview because I know I'll be able to go on Friday. Does anyone happen to know if this was from one of the Cast member (and their families) previews or from a general public soft open?

No idea, but if you go on Friday, please take pictures and post a report!

Absolutely incredible! That and the Grizzly coaster look like two very amazing rides, and would love to experience them. Already thrown onto my bucketlist!

I can definitely vouch for Grizzly Mountain.

This must have been from a CM preview because it was posted on Saturday. I tried to get in the land, but they had special wristbands and said no GP would be allowed in that day.

I will definitely post a trip report when I get over there. Lots of pictures. I cannot wait!

Just watched the video, and I am in absolute awe. This is the first dark ride since Spider-man to truly impress me with its effects. The sophisticated movements of the animatronics, the awesome finale, the amazing story-telling...man I wish I could get to Hong Kong soon. A ride like this is REALLY needed in the U.S.

Wow, this looks amazing! Very, very cool effects. Can someone explain a bit more about the trackless system? I've never been on one. About half way through the video 2 other ride vehicles (one in front and one behind) are seen. Is the ride dispatched in groups - say, 3 cars to a group, and you all view the same show approx 2 seconds behind one another? Or how is it done?

Wow, this looks amazing! Very, very cool effects. Can someone explain a bit more about the trackless system? I've never been on one. About half way through the video 2 other ride vehicles (one in front and one behind) are seen. Is the ride dispatched in groups - say, 3 cars to a group, and you all view the same show approx 2 seconds behind one another? Or how is it done?

Watch this video to get a slightly better idea....

Did they scratch or change putting an Adventurer's Club Restaurant at Mystic Point?

I'm glad they kept some scary elements in the ride. I looks like an awesome family attraction if less edgy than the Mansion or ToT. The AA's and projections look really beautiful.

I get the feeling ride was designed for either a track or trackless system which is why it doesn't have the roaming/free wheeling scenes like Pooh's Honey Hunt.