TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Track Spottings!

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so for a second lets assume that the teal track isn't for carowinds. that begs the question "where is it going?"

I'd bet money on Holiday World unless we've seen something different.

^ Not painted yet. I believe that is primer. Looks like it was getting ready to go into painting based on the chains it is hanging from. If you look, the bottom of those chains are a red/orange and as you go up, the chain links start to turn teal.

Edited by ZeroGravity55

Sorry if we've already mentioned this, but when did that blue track show up? Any idea what coaster that could be for? And is it possible that that track that hasn't been painted yet is part of the same coaster as the teal track? Like could it be painted teal?

^ All I've seen in those photos are blue supports for what looks like the a transfer track. I've not seen anything that looks like blue track. It could go with the yellow or the red. It could even maybe be for another color of track we haven't seen yet. Somebody really needs to go by there the week of the 24th, because you should really be able to tell if HW is really getting a B&M then.

The blue track has been around for a while. Originally it was thought to be for Carowind's giga coaster, especially since the color is so close to Laviathon. However, some of the members thought one of the more recent pictures of one of the blue track pieces looks like a possible inversion. If that's the case, we're not so sure the blue is for Carowinds anymore, since their layout doesn't look like it has any inversions.

Edit: I'm assuming by blue he means the light blue/teal track.

The blue track has been around for a while. Originally it was thought to be for Carowind's giga coaster, especially since the color is so close to Laviathon. However, some of the members thought one of the more recent pictures of one of the blue track pieces looks like a possible inversion. If that's the case, we're not so sure the blue is for Carowinds anymore, since their layout doesn't look like it has any inversions.

Edit: I'm assuming by blue he means the light blue/teal track.

Also if you look at the ties they are rounded like on inverted and flyers, so...

^ I didn't even notice that! I'm pretty sure that is either giga or dive coaster track. Somebody who knows more might be able to shed some light on which one it is.

I'll say this, I think we need to be patient here, because I don't think the plant is done with all of their track yet. There was picture a few pages back that showed a ton of track that was sitting out that has yet to get painted yet.

Interesting that the red track has been moved, maybe for shipping? Lots of blue supports though, they look like they are for a transfer track. And also, those ties on the teal track are almost certainly curved like those of an invert or flyer. That would mean the Carowinds giga would have different colored track, and also another project for B&M.

I'd say its hyper/giga.

Compare the unpainted:

14421622257_e5d50db586_h.jpg

To Leviathan:

***Edit: After studying the track that is currently in the yard and track of existing coasters, I'm pretty sure this is just more of the same orange track. I did find that differentiating between hyper/giga and the smaller dive coasters is actually pretty difficult, but I did find a couple differences.

I don't think that teal track looks like an inversion. its too short to really tell. could be a sharp transition piece...

It looks like a normal piece but you can tell by the shape of the rail ties which are all in view. Those are the rail ties of an invert or flyer. *If you're meaning inversion, then maybe it's part of an inline twist looking like it does.