TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Haircuts?!

A very odd rumor has been brought up on Screamscape about a possible new division of the Six Flags industry. Now you may question why I didn't put this in the Theme Parks, Roller Coasters, & Donkeys section, and that's because oddly enough it doesn't have any relevance to those topics, as you can read in the following quote:

Six Flags - (11/21/08) As weird as it sounds, we’ve heard a wild rumor that Six Flags may be extending itself out into an entirely new non-amusement or entertainment related industry. Sure enough you only have to search the trademark database to see that they’ve put in for things like Coaster Cuts, Six Flags Roller Coaster Cuts and Roller Coaster Cuts. Apparently Six Flags wants in on the hair-cutting market now and is planning a line of coaster themed retail locations, where I can only imagine that the chair may be themed to resemble a roller coaster car or something. Meanwhile, I’m not sure if it’s related or not but I also noticed a new trademark they filed for in September for “Earth City”.

Umm... well. I'm really not sure what to say. If this turns out to be true, it's just going to be another weird decision by Six Flags that will continue to confuse and amaze me.

But who knows, this is just something that someone discovered in the trademark database. "Coaster Cuts" could mean anything... Maybe a new deli restaurant that specializes in cold cut meat sandwiches.

MOD EDIT: Edited topic title just to shorten it a bit. - CTU Agent

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These barbers better have a steady hand, because I'll be impressed if they could give a haircut on a ride.

On a serious note though, I just don't get this convergence. First Six Flags buys out a chunk of Dick Clark Productions, now haircuts? I don't know if this is even the right direction for Six Flags to go into. I don't know many customers willing to spend money at a novelty barber shop, especially in this economy.

I wonder why Six Flags thinks this would be a good idea? Maybe to show their shareholders that they're still expanding and trying to move forward with new innovative ideas?

Personally I wonder if 1) this idea will ever see the light of day; and 2) if these do see some life, do they have any reasonable hope of actually working. Personally as somebody who has thought about buying some Six Flags stock this decision makes me nervous that the chain really doesn't know what they're doing.

^Agreed. That makes a lot more sense, given their ownership of Dick Clark Productions and their push for "Six Flags TV."

Or it could be absolutely nothing at all. Companies trademark names all the time that they end up doing nothing with. I believe you are given a certain amount of time to use a name before the trademark expires.

^ Six Flags Convenience Stores,

Six Flags Resteraunts,

and Six Flags Grocery Stores.

Would Six Flags even be good at something like that? I dought They will be doing something un-amusement industry related.

That would be a funny photoshop contest.

^I'm just curious, why do you always hit "return" after typing a comma? :/

Would Six Flags even be good at something like that? I doubt they will be doing something un-amusement industry related.

Well they DID have a line of toys you know... http://www.amazon.com/s?ie=UTF8&search-alias=toys-and-games&field-brandtextbin=Six%20Flags Although I guess they are amusement industry related as they are kind of related to a water park.

As for this "coaster cuts" stuff, I think it is probably videos, although it would be hilarious if SF opened some barber shops.