TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Haircuts?!

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's my crackhead way of writing.

Per the TOS: - Posts with bad grammar such as no words capitalized, using internet or text message shorthand, poor spelling, etc.

I'd say your "crackhead" way of writing would fall into that. Please use the Enter key as it's supposed to be used.

Poor grammatical posts are often over looked and not taken seriously, because they're hard to read, or in some cases, just plain annoying to look at.

I think all that needs to be said has been said on this topic.

If Haircuts (or any other "cuts") at Six Flags come to fruition I'm sure that me and my 5,100 shares hovering at $0.20 a piece will find out and this thread can be unlocked

• 4 weeks later...
Umm... well. I'm really not sure what to say. If this turns out to be true, it's just going to be another weird decision by Six Flags that will continue to confuse and amaze me.

Agreed!

There's this haircutting place in my hometown known as Killer Kuts that's so overdone. They have this crazy atmosphere, they give you all kinds of goodies and stuff, and the first time you go there you get 5 minutes in a massage chair for free (which was more than enough for me, that thing tickles!). First time I got my hair cut there I was like, "Gee, I don't know whether to faint or hug the barber..."

I wonder if these Coaster Cuts will be gimmicky like that too, probably, but it might be cooler to me if they're themed to a BTR station or something, with the B&M restraints on the barber chairs one poster mentioned, maybe they could be "floorless" barber chairs so your legs hang when they pump the chair up.

Hmm...I guess I'll have to see.

EDIT: Yeah, it certainly does look gimmicky to me! And...what does it say on that site?!? "If you are taller than 54 inches you must be accompanied by a minor???" WTF?!?!

Well that pretty much locks me out of getting one if that's the rule.

It really seems like a non-core business for SF, Inc. to be investing in. I mean, why not buy shares in companies like B&M, Vekoma, Intamin, etc.? Was there some kind of research study done showing the need for a novelty haircut brand? Supercuts dominanting the all important low cost hair cut?

The least they could do is to get this business on a reality tv show. In theory, Harvey Weinstein sits on the board of SF, time to call in some favors.

The 'taller than 54"' thing looks to me like it's a kid's-only haircut place. I've seen similar things around town. They have smaller chairs that raise up higher and better proportioned shampoo bowls. I saw one where above the shampoo bowl was a big elephant head and the water came out of its trunk. Kinda disgusting, actually.

I'm all in favor for these things because I normally hate cutting kids' hair. Unfortunately, these places tend to come and go quickly. You can only charge so much for a kids haircut therefore shops like this don't make much money but the overhead is the same. Not a lot of kids get highlights and that's where the money is.

Maybe they'll have OTSRs on the chairs to keep kids from wiggling so much?

Well, SF already invested in toys, video games, and now haircuts so it could be possible.

The toys and video games were a licensing deal produced by a 3rd party that Six Flags had approval over the final product. I don't believe they actually invested any money in those products.

The hair cut store seems to be different though as the website is owned by Six Flags Inc.

--Robb

• 2 months later...

Below is the latest Press Release from Six Flags

Grand Opening of Six Flags Rollercoaster Cuts

Wednesday March 11, 9:00 am ET

A UNIQUE CHILDREN'S SALON DEBUTS IN WEST HARTFORD'S BLUE BACK SQUARE

NEW YORK, March 11 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- Six Flags, Inc., the world's largest regional theme park company, today announced the grand opening of its newest brand extension, Six Flags Rollercoaster Cuts - an innovative children's boutique and hair salon offering a multi-sensory haircutting experience for kids of all ages. The inaugural Rollercoaster Cuts will open to the public in West Hartford's Blue Back Square on March 14, 2009.

ADVERTISEMENT

Rollercoaster Cuts will revolutionize the ordinary task of getting a haircut. Once inside the brightly colored boutique, guests will be immersed in an interactive, roller coaster spinning, Six Flags theme park experience. Each themed cutting station will feature custom-built coaster cars equipped with a flat screen television that showcases exciting videos of Six Flags' adrenaline pumping rides and attractions, the latest from Six Flags TV, as well as a variety of kid-friendly video games. Even while shampooing, children will have the option to sit straight up in a traditional chair or lie flat on their backs watching point-of-view camera angles of Six Flags' biggest coaster drops. Six Flags' world-famous cast of characters, including Mr. Six, also will be on hand to meet and greet children as they explore this magical escape built especially for them.

Customized kids salon packages like The Glammy, Zoink, Big Kapow and Blama Jama, will offer cuts at prices moms and dads can feel good about, and include many of the hottest fashions and accessories for kids. Additionally, every haircut will come complete with a FREE photo to capture the moment.

Kids and their parents can extend the fun by purchasing specially priced one-day tickets and Season Passes to Six Flags New England, Six Flags Great Adventure, The Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom, and Six Flags Great Escape Lodge and Indoor Waterpark.

"Rollercoaster Cuts is redefining the Six Flags experience," said Mike Antinoro, Executive Vice President, Entertainment and Marketing. "What can sometimes be a dreaded, yet necessary obligation for kids, turns into an environment of fun, thrills and excitement that is the Six Flags brand."

Added Andrew Schleimer, Executive Vice President, Strategic Development and In-Park Services: "Rollercoaster Cuts is a unique opportunity to inject Six Flags into the everyday lives of children while pursuing new, non-traditional growth avenues for the company. Blue Back Square is a natural selection for our premiere location given the proximity to our northeastern parks and we look forward to entertaining and thrilling a whole new generation of Six Flags fans in West Hartford."

Six Flags Rollercoaster Cuts will be the place for stylish kid's haircuts and family-friendly entertainment. Visit www.rollercoastercuts.com for more information.