TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Liseberg Discussion Thread

Awesome! Liseberg also has a press release on their site confirming that they will announce news for 2018.

An invert seems kinda lame, a flying B&M like Starry Sky Ripper would be perfect though! Nothing like it in Scandinavia, I would never complain over a RMC either. But im going to do it anyway! A RMC would be slightly too similar of an experience to Helix. Flying would stand out more in Lisebergs coaster selection I feel like.

*UPDATE*

I did a quick google search and found this

Liseberg have confirmed to a group of individuals on a behind-the-scenes tour that they are looking at installing a new rollercoaster for 2018. The Swedish park are considering either a B&M Invert or some kind of coaster from RMC. The location for the new attraction will be next to Balder on the land that is currently occupied by the old factory buildings.

Well this is super exciting to hear!

Awesome! Liseberg also has a press release on their site confirming that they will announce news for 2018.

An invert seems kinda lame, a flying B&M like Starry Sky Ripper would be perfect though! Nothing like it in Scandinavia, I would never complain over a RMC either. But im going to do it anyway! A RMC would be slightly too similar of an experience to Helix. Flying would stand out more in Lisebergs coaster selection I feel like.

Do you have a link to that press release? it doesn't appear to be on their press release section?

Do you have a link to that press release? it doesn't appear to be on their press release section?

You can find it here (in Swedish):

http://www.mynewsdesk.com/se/liseberg/pressreleases/liseberg-avsloejar-sina-utvecklingsplaner-foer-2017-och-2018-1569829

After the announcement they will release this website http://myterlegender.liseberg.se/ called "myths and legends".

The great thing about Liseberg is that they will choose almost any ride on the market. It is so unpredictable what they could go for. Who knows, we may see an aqua trax!

What's an Aqua Trax?

Hm, do you guys think a ABC Rides TOURBILLON would fit in the lot of SpinRock? It'd be certainly a very unique ride.

I'm definitely rooting for the B&M Flyer in 2018.

An RMC just wouldn't really fit I think, If they'd build one they would want it to be bigger and better than wildfire and I just cant see that happen given the limited space available, but I wouldn't mind to be surprised of course.

[fbvideonew]https://www.facebook.com/liseberg.se/videos/1403321999697362/[/fbvideonew]

"A cunning plan", some interesting sound effects at the end as well..

Hey... wait.

The thing is that all leads to this - the rides will be named Oden and Gungner, Oden is a giant in Nordic Mythology (where Balder get's it's name). "Giant Awakens", he has two ravens (hence the birds in the video), and his weapon is a spear (Gungner).

The most interesting part is that "Gungner" sounds like the swedush word for swing, "Gunga"... Am I onto something?!

^ Welcome to TPR for your first post.

And, I have absolutely no idea if you are, or not.

First off, thank you!!

Now... I've found another object that points to this Nordic Mythology-theme, after the press-release on tuesday, pictures, drawings, technical data etc. will be gathered on myterlegender.liseberg.se, translates to mythslegends(.liseberg.se)

Hey... wait.

The thing is that all leads to this - the rides will be named Oden and Gungner, Oden is a giant in Nordic Mythology (where Balder get's it's name). "Giant Awakens", he has two ravens (hence the birds in the video), and his weapon is a spear (Gungner).

The most interesting part is that "Gungner" sounds like the swedush word for swing, "Gunga"... Am I onto something?!

This makes a lot of sense, the area fenced off also looks pretty big. Could it actually be a Zamperla Discovery?

Also, isn't Oden the father of Balder?

The great thing about Liseberg is that they will choose almost any ride on the market. It is so unpredictable what they could go for. Who knows, we may see an aqua trax!

What's an Aqua Trax?

This:

http://www.intaminworldwide.com/amusement/RollerCoasters/Aqua+Trax/tabid/138/ProductNumber/Aqua+Trax/language/de-DE/Default.aspx

He was joking I believe due to Atlantis Adventure not ever running its water effects

If Oden is the father of Balder, then what is the father (successor) of wood...

RMC confirmed!

I highly doubt Liseberg would RMC Balder

Even though that's not going to happen, an RMC is possible. They could add a topper track woodie and that would be very good.