TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

This won't be enough to get me back to the park for a return trip, but it seems like a nice addition. I'm interested to see how the final product differs from a Zac Spin. I'd be willing to bet if delivers a much different ride experience, although it may not seem that way just by looking at it.

Sorry if I missed it, but do the cars freely spin or is it a controlled spin due to the magnets a la X2?

I hated Green Lantern with a passion when I rode it (well specifically my genitals hated it) but I'd definitely give this a... spin...

It's semi controlled. Most of it is based on weight and gravity. For them to say 6 flips is false advertising as it can easily be less, MAYBE could get more with the right circumstances.

^ Metaphollercoaster?

Sorry if I missed it, but do the cars freely spin or is it a controlled spin due to the magnets a la X2?

X2 has the 3rd and 4th rails that control precisely how the seats are positioned at any given moment.

The Free Fly design uses magnets placed at strategic locations along the track to influence the direction of the spin. You may flip, you may not, but they're there to give you a push in the right direction.

^ Metaphollercoaster?

X2 has the 3rd and 4th rails that control precisely how the seats are positioned at any given moment.

The Free Fly design uses magnets placed at strategic locations along the track to influence the direction of the spin. You may flip, you may not, but they're there to give you a push in the right direction.

615285018_howdotheywork.jpg.066e0fe12e8b7c1b5b52034528dd5a79.jpg

Looks fun! Hopefully this won't try to rip your soul from your body like GL does.

Luckily it looks like it won't based off of the video Robb shot in the winter on the prototype.

I went to the preview. I have pictures and a full report. I'll post as soon as possible.

That will be great!

The pictures of the Gotham makeover posted to twitter look pretty exciting, and I hope the artists are well-funded and able to deliver. It's funny, Six Flags corporate is only advertising rides. Six Flags Fiesta Texas is the one who had to separately advertise the new themed land. It makes me think that Fiesta Texas' president wants to be in the theme park industry while Six Flags corporate wants to operate in the amusement park industry. Kudos to Fiesta Texas.

I went to the preview. I have pictures and a full report. I'll post as soon as possible.

Thank you in advance! I hoped to go but was caught (unsuccesfully) trying to fix a frozen A/C.

This won't be enough to get me back to the park for a return trip, but it seems like a nice addition. I'm interested to see how the final product differs from a Zac Spin. I'd be willing to bet if delivers a much different ride experience, although it may not seem that way just by looking at it.

I think anyone who has seen your posts in the SFSTL thread isn't surprised by your response. Lol

This looks like a great coaster and addition to the park. The GP is going to eat this up! It's getting lots of likes on Facebook and the comments are pretty much all positive.

The Texas Thrill seekers group went to the preview tonight and posted some photos Here. It appears the new theming is just a few of the buildings. Not all of Rockville like everyone thought. It will have a indoor queue with a story before you get on the coaster.