TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Wow!!!! Those overbanked turns look freakin AMAZING!!!! This coaster has come together pretty awesomely. Looks like track work is almost coming to a finish from what we can see. I wonder how tunnel work is going. The dive off the cliff is gonna kick ass!

^^

The Boss at SFStL should be next after Colossus but who knows what SF Corp will decide. I do love the Boss' layout so maybe a topper track retrofit would be a better fit than the Iron Horse treatment. In any case I give kudos to Six Flags for doing this to the Texas Giant and the Rattler.

The Boss at SFStL should be next after Colossus but who knows what SF Corp will decide. I do love the Boss' layout so maybe a topper track retrofit would be a better fit than the Iron Horse treatment. In any case I give kudos to Six Flags for doing this to the Texas Giant and the Rattler.

I'm tellin ya... I've heard lot's of complaints about the Boss over the past few years, but it was running outstanding during Daredevil Daze in September. I stayed on it for the entire ERT. A local friend was telling me they had just put a ton of work into it. It still has some rough parts here and there (the final helix) but was more ride-able and faster than I remember it in 2000 and 2001.

Steel tracks on wooden frame, I feel like it's the seventies again, except the seventies couldn't have ever imagined doing anything remotely insane (and safely( like this. iRAT looks boiss, and I'm surprised I said that much...C'mon Mean Streak you should be next.

Yes! Mean Streak has got to be next... I mean that thing could be sweet if they Iron Horsed it. And since you could say CP is running out of land, why not just redo a current ride(which sucks). It seems almost scripted already.

But this is a SFFT thread not CP, so GO iRat!!!

I just got back from my Region VII 4A swim meet in San Antonio, however a drive-by near Fiesta Texas was not on the itinerary. I really wanted to see this monster of a coaster up close in person. I'm real happy with the way the coaster is coming out. It looks like construction is moving along quite swiftly. It won't be long until opening day!

As for the train design, that rattlesnake head on the front of the front car looks awesome! I'm not big with themed coaster trains, I prefer generic, but it looks awesome! Gerstlauer has done an excellent job so far on IRat and did great on NTAG. This coaster is going to turn out great!

I just got back from my Region VII 4A swim meet in San Antonio, however a drive-by near Fiesta Texas was not on the itinerary. I really wanted to see this monster of a coaster up close in person. I'm real happy with the way the coaster is coming out. It looks like construction is moving along quite swiftly. It won't be long until opening day!

As for the train design, that rattlesnake head on the front of the front car looks awesome! I'm not big with themed coaster trains, I prefer generic, but it looks awesome! Gerstlauer has done an excellent job so far on IRat and did great on NTAG. This coaster is going to turn out great!

Gerstlaurer??

I'm think for the future of RMC, they are going to stick with Gerstlauer for Ibox, and RMC trains for Topper mainly because Ibox seems like its for more of a steel coaster experience which uses the polyurethane wheels, and the topper track is for more of a wooden-coaster style coaster. I'm basing my assumptions off of NTAG and IRat being classified as steel and Outlaw Run being classified as wood. But it all depends on what the park wants.