TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

P. 288: New B&M Dive Machine Announced!

Steel tracks on wooden frame, I feel like it's the seventies again, except the seventies couldn't have ever imagined doing anything remotely insane (and safely( like this. iRAT looks boiss, and I'm surprised I said that much...C'mon Mean Streak you should be next.

Yes! Mean Streak has got to be next... I mean that thing could be sweet if they Iron Horsed it. And since you could say CP is running out of land, why not just redo a current ride(which sucks). It seems almost scripted already.

But this is a SFFT thread not CP, so GO iRat!!!

I just got back from my Region VII 4A swim meet in San Antonio, however a drive-by near Fiesta Texas was not on the itinerary. I really wanted to see this monster of a coaster up close in person. I'm real happy with the way the coaster is coming out. It looks like construction is moving along quite swiftly. It won't be long until opening day!

As for the train design, that rattlesnake head on the front of the front car looks awesome! I'm not big with themed coaster trains, I prefer generic, but it looks awesome! Gerstlauer has done an excellent job so far on IRat and did great on NTAG. This coaster is going to turn out great!

I just got back from my Region VII 4A swim meet in San Antonio, however a drive-by near Fiesta Texas was not on the itinerary. I really wanted to see this monster of a coaster up close in person. I'm real happy with the way the coaster is coming out. It looks like construction is moving along quite swiftly. It won't be long until opening day!

As for the train design, that rattlesnake head on the front of the front car looks awesome! I'm not big with themed coaster trains, I prefer generic, but it looks awesome! Gerstlauer has done an excellent job so far on IRat and did great on NTAG. This coaster is going to turn out great!

Gerstlaurer??

I'm think for the future of RMC, they are going to stick with Gerstlauer for Ibox, and RMC trains for Topper mainly because Ibox seems like its for more of a steel coaster experience which uses the polyurethane wheels, and the topper track is for more of a wooden-coaster style coaster. I'm basing my assumptions off of NTAG and IRat being classified as steel and Outlaw Run being classified as wood. But it all depends on what the park wants.

I think the Gerstlaur ones are sluggish and lost their speed quickly because of the wheels? I'm assuming steel wheels like on Outlaw Run's trains could run on the I-box track as both top layers are a thin sheet of steel. It would probably be crazy to see how fast the new train could race around NTAG or iRat when it opens!

I think the Gerstlaur ones are sluggish and lost their speed quickly because of the wheels? I'm assuming steel wheels like on Outlaw Run's trains could run on the I-box track as both top layers are a thin sheet of steel. It would probably be crazy to see how fast the new train could race around NTAG or iRat when it opens!

I think they would have to grease the track to do steel on steel, like wooden coasters do. Its definitely the wheels though, but there are lots of different types they can use if they chose to.

I think they would have to grease the track to do steel on steel, like wooden coasters do. Its definitely the wheels though, but there are lots of different types they can use if they chose to.

Now I'm interested to look up what the difference is between the top of the topper track and the top of the I-box track that makes one run trains with poly wheels vs one with steel wheels.

Steel wheels are going to eat at the track so it's going to require replacement eventually. RMC seems to have accounted for this with their topper track as it appears the top layer of steel is fairly easily replaceable. I think for the I-box track there's no serviceable components other than replacing the entire section of welded track.

I am not sure that I understand the purpose of the additional plate on either tracks, but especially the IBox. I feel that it would be the most beneficial and simplistic for both to just be completely prefabricated. So once you install the IBox, you are done. Same with Topper Track. Once you install the actual track, no need for the additional plate. Is there a specific reason for these plates?