TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

The ride is exactly the same in terms of elements. There are a few new tunnels and things to look at, but there really isn't much of a difference. The restraints don't have the ankle guards, but the ops really staple you in, so be prepared. Bizarro still is a top 10 coaster and easily the park's best attraction.

Just a tip, ride it first since it can easily get hour long waits towards the end of the day, while the park's other rides are 30 minutes or less.

^That's OK. This thread basically stopped with media day, and it is a handy place for people to offer their own opinions of the revamped ride (outside of personal trip reports).

^If you mean a POV of the new Bizarro, they're out there. You just have to go searching. I know I saw a few a while ago, but I don't know if they're still around. I don't think the park has released an official POV yet, though, unless I'm mistaken.

• 6 months later...

Bizarro looks sooooo good. I really want to make it out there, if the TPR NE trip gets the green light, I'm on board. I've heard so much and been looking at videos for years, this ride is legendary! Not to mention SFNE has a good looking floorless, an old woodie, and some unique flat rides.

Can't wait to check this park out!

-Zach

Six Flags New England has sent us a press release about their latest addition, Mr. Six's Splash Island.

New England’s largest water park, Hurricane Harbor, proves once again why it’s the ideal family destination, today announcing a new attraction for 2010 – Mr. Six’s Splash Island. Based on Six Flags’ popular rater of fun, Mr. Six’s Splash Island will open to the public on May 28 with 16,000 square feet of drenching thrills and relaxation for the entire family.

Mr. Six’s Splash Island will boast a 30,000 gallon shaded wave pool designed specifically for the little ones, a 150-foot interactive lazy river with dumping coconuts, rain curtains and squirting effects to keep kiddos cool in the hot New England sun. The fun continues with water bubblers and fountains throughout the area. Mom and dad can relax in style with ten new luxury cabanas set poolside and offering lounge chairs, personal lockers, refrigerators, a flat screen TV and a personal wait staff. Also new for the 2010 season Johnny Rockets the place where everyone can enjoy all-American favorites – hamburgers, shakes and fries served with a smile located next to Mr. Six’s Splash Island!

“Mr. Six has become an iconic character at Six Flags and we are excited to have the first Mr. Six’s Splash Island,” said Larry Litton, Six Flags New England’s park president. “Hurricane Harbor is a huge draw in the New England region and with the addition of Mr. Six’s Splash Island we are solidifying our commitment to providing a wide array of fun, affordable family entertainment.”

Mr. Six’s Splash Island will join a host of thrilling attractions in Hurricane Harbor including the Typhoon water coaster, Tornado, over 25 unique water slides and two 500,000 gallon wave pools. Bigger, better and wetter than ever before, Hurricane Harbor is ready to keep New Englanders cool all summer long.

http://www.sixflags.com/newEngland/rideswaterpark/mrsixssplashisland.aspx

Mr. Six's Splash Island is home to 16,000 square feet of drenching thrills and relaxation for the entire family. It features a 30,000 gallon shaded wave pool designed specifically for little ones, and a 150-foot interactive lazy river with dumping coconuts, rain curtains and squirting water to keep the kiddos cool in the hot New England sun.

The fun continues with water bubblers and fountains throughout the area for a splashing good time. Mom and dad can relax in style with ten new luxury cabanas that are available to rent poolside, offering lounge chairs, personal lockers, refrigerators, a flat screen TV and personal wait staff.

And once you've had your fill of the sun, bop next door to Johnny Rockets to enjoy all-American favorites — hamburgers, shakes and fries served with a smile.

Make plans to join us for the opening of Mr. Six's Splash Island on May 28.

1188613286_Screenshot2010-02-18at3_27_23PM.png.ecc336d7be754e3ade521217987321c4.png

^It truly is a fun waterpark. Just really crowded as theres not much to do in MA in the summer.

I have found out that this is an expansion so there will now be three wavepools and three lazy rivers. All of them are for different ages. Anyone think they will use some of the theming that had for Pandemonium when there was Mr. Six stuff on it?

Brand new. Screamscapes sources were wrong I think. I reread the press release and it mentions the two 500,000 gallon wave pools. This will be the third one and its only 30,000 gallons. Where this is going, speculated to be right by the entrance of HH near the Tiki Bar, there is no lazy river there. We have an adult lazy river with tubes, and an action lazy river thats fast paced and really throws you around. So the lazy river must be new to.

• 2 weeks later...

Tonight was the meeting to discuss 2010 park improvements for SFNE.

Heres what is going to happen for 2010.

The 1st project discussed was the addition of a new entrance and ticket booths in the premier and handicap lot. You will no longer have to drive to the back where the employee lot is and then drive all the way back to the front to get into the premier lot. When you pull in you will go to the left where they will have new ticket booths to get into the lot. The old entrance will be just for Employees and Deliveries.

The 2nd project was the NEW Johnny Rockets which will be a new building constructed across from the Coral Reef Cantina and will be a walk up style JRs like the one on Main st.

The 3rd Project was the Mr Six Splash Island which is going to be an addition to the existing kiddie area near hurricane bay and will expand into the premier lot.

the 4th and 5th projects were Meet&Greet areas complete with photobooth to purchase your pic. One is going into the southend near the antique cars and Mind Eraser and the other is located at the entrance to Crack Axle Canyon.

the 6th Project is the construction of a 78,000 sqft warehouse that will be used for food storage and Merchandise and will have 2,000 sqft of offices. It will have its own parking lot and 2 shipping bays.

The last project is tabled until it goes through the conservation committee.