TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

^Wicked Cyclone really fizzles out near the end. It's still fun and I love the hang time on that last barrel roll but then it slows down significantly. I feel like a stronger finish would make me rank it a little higher but it's still a minor nit pick on an amazing coaster. It's not that the finish is bad, it just doesn't live up to the rest of the ride.

The coaster sure makes a lot of scraping noise in the turn before the lift; a little surprising given the age.

I'm not sure what it is about the RMC wheels, but every one of their rides I've ridden so far (only Goliath and Outlaw Run, but still) make that noise any time there are a lot of lateral forces. I kind of love it, but I'm always surprised just how loud it is just rolling out of the station.

The end itself doesn't fizzle, its just the momentum of the train fizzles lately. It depends on the day.. When the train takes the ending at full speed it is my favorite part of the ride (possibly the most intense). When it's running slowly it gets that meandering sensation, but still not as bad as NTAG because it doesn't have any of that flat long turning.

I'm sort of wondering weather the recent fizziling has to do with the wheel type. They currently are running 3 types of wheels to help prime the track. I'm hoping they'll convert all the wheels to one single type at some point. By the way, what mechanically makes a coaster temperamental?

Since the first week and a half, pretty much every report I have read he said it's been running fast. I think the wheel situation has been settled and broken in. I have heard the blue train seems to run a bit faster with less squeeking, though.

I will find out for myself in 6 days for my first trip to SFNE in 11 years...can't wait!!!

As stated I got to go to the park yesterday! Minimal crowds longest wait was for Bizzaro around 45mins or so. Couple school groups had flocked in the early afternoon.

Thoughts:

Park was surprisingly beautiful?! It was very clean and I think for a Six Flags park the theming was very good! Didn't have a problem with any operations as they seemed to move swiftly.

Bizzaro was a let down to me. The airtime was really only felt on the hill before the yellow triangles and it seemed to lag through the course a little before and after the tunnel. Still a fun ride don't get me wrong but having been on other top 5 rides I cannot see how this one manages to squeak in.

Wicked Cyclone, the moment we all wait for. Wow is all I have to say. Not as intense as I-305 or Skyrush but it has its unique character. I have no idea what some of you speak about, it was hauling but it was not out of control like Maverick, it was controlled and smooth transitions. Definitely a winner on RMC and SFNE hands. There was absolutely no squeaking of the wheels the entire day, it was running polyurethane wheel and had a nice quiet roaring sound, similar to a Cyclone...

I don't think any hills had insane ejector air, but it was more so powerful pops of air. My favorite part had to be the stall (which by the way they are advertising as the country's first stalling element) I think Goliath would disagree. The theming was great! I loved the cyclone forecast in the station and the newspaper articles on the walls.

Overall a great day, I went with two smaller kids and I had to be dragged through Thunderbolt and Catwoman before I got to Wicked Cyclone. I was kind of like "come on guys RMC is right down the path.." But they don't know about the enthusiast life, yet. Eventually the one would go on Wicked Cyclone with me so cheers to him for being 7 and surviving the cyclone.

Only took like 5 pictures since my phone died

image.thumb.jpg.8e81057e827975ca9fd63b6b2ea250fa.jpg

trim.13997458-9F06-47D4-AF8E-8BEEB8A4AA08.MOV

Slow-mo hairtime

image.thumb.jpg.015a348efa74c05fa1b5996b217e3ecf.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.fe0271f48c2564719c324d17f8b4d7e8.jpg

Surprise

WiCy was a lot louder than it usually is today, must have swapped some of the wheels. Goliath is also missing seat 8-4 now instead of 7-1. What a mess that ride is. Bizarro is also a mess, the audio systems and effects are a total fail. Speaking of Bizarro, someone went into a restricted area around the ride shortly before closing today. The guy was right under the s shields. A train also went by when he was down there. I went down to WiCy for a final ride and saw Bizarro cycle empty twice so they closed it early. I went back over there and saw two people with orange vests walking around the area.

As stated I got to go to the park yesterday! Minimal crowds longest wait was for Bizzaro around 45mins or so. Couple school groups had flocked in the early afternoon.

Bizzaro was a let down to me. The airtime was really only felt on the hill before the yellow triangles and it seemed to lag through the course a little before and after the tunnel. Still a fun ride don't get me wrong but having been on other top 5 rides I cannot see how this one manages to squeak in.

Wicked Cyclone, the moment we all wait for. Wow is all I have to say. Not as intense as I-305 or Skyrush but it has its unique character. I have no idea what some of you speak about, it was hauling but it was not out of control like Maverick, it was controlled and smooth transitions. Definitely a winner on RMC and SFNE hands. There was absolutely no squeaking of the wheels the entire day, it was running polyurethane wheel and had a nice quiet roaring sound, similar to a Cyclone...

Bizarro was a "let down" to me too, although just a let down from the "incredible" I was expecting, to just "great". Still fun, but I was expecting a lot more. Shouldn't be on any top 5, and for me not a top 10.

I wish I'd paid more attention to the wheel type when I rode WC.

I went to several parks last week and it seems like there were many groups of school kids at all of them. Kids everywhere!

At Lake Compounce, I couldn't hardly get through the crowd of them gathering to leave right inside the gate.

Sorry if this has already been answered, I used the search but couldn't find a definitive answer.

Is Wicked Cyclone on the Platinum flash pass only, or Gold as well? I've read about people essentially marathoning with the Platinum a few pages back, so I'm relieved it's not limited like Goliath @ SFGAm.

What do ya'll think? I'll be visiting on a Sunday (7/19), would the Platinum just be worth it to bite the bullet anyway?

EDIT: Just found the page that answers this on the SFNE website.

While I have this post here, any other advice for a SFNE visit on 7/19? Should I even do the Platinum FP or do you think wait times will be manageable with use of single rider lines?

Bizarro was a "let down" to me too, although just a let down from the "incredible" I was expecting, to just "great". Still fun, but I was expecting a lot more. Shouldn't be on any top 5, and for me not a top 10.

I wish I'd paid more attention to the wheel type when I rode WC.

I went to several parks last week and it seems like there were many groups of school kids at all of them. Kids everywhere!

At Lake Compounce, I couldn't hardly get through the crowd of them gathering to leave right inside the gate.

Bizarro is an amazing coaster when running to it's fullest potential. It hasn't been running very well this season. Once the ride gets restored back to Superman, you'll understand why it's constantly praised.

Bizarro is an amazing coaster when running to it's fullest potential. It hasn't been running very well this season. Once the ride gets restored back to Superman, you'll understand why it's constantly praised.

I've only ridden it in 2013.

I only rode Bizarro once, last year, and it became my #1 steel and #3 overall. That people say it hasn't been the same, and a let down since the conversion only gives me hope that it can be even better if they convert it back.

t-bars are banned in MA.

I've heard this too, but pandemonium has T bar restraints (and I believe Gotham City Gauntlet does too but I'm prepared to be wrong). How is that okay?

GCG doesn't count really as T-Bars. Pandy was built before this was passed and is a smaller coaster.

I wouldn't say the size of the coaster decides whether a state law is enforced or not

A very strong source he told me that SFNE is working with Intamin on a new train already.

I hope that they're traditional Intamin mega coaster trains and not those new ones that they're putting on the looping coasters. I like the older style because the headrests / backrests don't get in the way of the people sitting in the second row of each car.