TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

Better yet, when can this same treatment happen with Magnum!?

You take your sacrilegious shit right on outta here LOL. Next thing you'll be asking for Beast to be RMC'd.

That's still slightly more Vortex in the world than I'm comfortable with. When will they be pulling that last bit down?

Better yet, when can this same treatment happen with Magnum!?

Agreed! Nothing lasts forever! Time to move on.

Vortex is/was the most brutal roller coaster Ive ever been on. Honestly I want too like it because my first time too Kings Island I was 8 and remember seeing the Bat track still up and a sign on the fence describing the rollercoaster(Vortex) that was gonna take its place. I was. barely tall enough to ride the next year. Dont remember it being rough but years later I couldn't stand it! And I have a high tolerance for pain. Id rather be punched in the nuts than ride that thing again.

Cedar Fair is a pretty well-oiled machine when it comes to building coasters. Begin groundwork during the summer season, announce the ride in late summer, begin vertical construction in the fall, finish track work by late January, and begin testing in February. Then open it on the park's opening day. That's why it is so obvious to predict which parks are getting new coasters for the following year - they begin the process quite early.

The only Cedar Fair coaster in recent memory that didn't open on the park's opening day is Railblazer, I believe. Likewise, I don't think Six Flags has ever opened a new coaster on the park's opening day in the last 10+ years? Of course excluding the year-round parks, which Six Flags has more of.

Just different strategies. I do like Cedar Fair's strategy more since they are more reliable to plan trips around, and opening the new coaster in the spring allows kinks to be worked out before the busy summer season.

some new footage if Orion testing has been posted by FYE coasters on facebook. Looks like it goes pretty quick through the layout

There are other angles out there where you can see almost everything but the short speed/airtime hill. Even in the cold, Orion carries similar speed over the elements that Fury does. It's a short ride, but I think it will haul ass through the layout.

The layout looks a lot more interesting from this view. The sideways airtime hill looks really interesting. The turn into the helix from the airtime hill looks like it's going to pull a lot of positive G's. I know I'm not the only one who spotted that trim on the final large airtime hill, but we all expected that. I was really starting to have my doubts. Now I'm a lot more interested. A lot of people have compared this to Leviathan. I looked at a similar aerial view of Leviathan and Orion seems to have more exciting elements and less straight pieces of track, hills or not.

New content from Kings Island!!!! Drone footage of Orion (it is legal) of Orion's layout here :

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

Official Park Blog Post

In other new's if some dont recall, Vortex's trains (and Firehawk's) trains where sent to sister park Carowinds. Firehawk last year and Vortex this year. Firehawk's became part donors to Nighthawk and well................................... Vortex's have replaced the Carolina Cyclone's trains (or some car's)

88110544_543795776260648_2789922261975433216_o.thumb.jpg.473468a65c95bf67567f53a3fc184a5e.jpgSource

If you go here, WCCB, A news station out of Charlotte with the series Wilson's World stopped by the park. Around the 7:50 mark of the video they show Cyclone's trains...................which in turn are Vortex trains.

I'm just hoping, and maybe this is me being nit picky, that with Orion being built and Vortex being removed (which its amazing how much smaller that area between Wind Seeker and The Beast now looks without Vortex there) that it doesn't take away from the out in the woods all alone feel of The Beast. Trees with leaves will help but it looks like there'll be more exposed parts of Beast now.