TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 792 - Camp Cedar campground to open in 2021!

I can't get over how close this coaster is to being complete!!

orion.png.b789e7e1f34715363ad587066e0acf99.png

This thing looks amazing! I know I've said it before... However, I really... REALLY can't wait to give this thing a go this summer!! - I have yet to experience a B&M Giga coaster... However, if it's basically like Diamondback on steroids... It's going to be great!!

Vortex's station was bulldozed yesterday. RIP.

This is a good thing, to be honest. That whole area is bottlenecked so badly. If they are going to expand past Vortex/around Racer's turn around it needed to go. I can't imagine how much work that building needed, too. It's been around for almost 50 years.

Also it's reported that the helix is being removed right now. You can kinda see some work being on on the Dback cam. https://www.visitkingsisland.com/explore/live-video

Credit to reddit and then esmebeauty on reddit for a shot from Diamondback.

1mbt0gfjlic41.jpg.b0e6956317b71b07035408871609f4e9.jpg

zxf5uzc98dc41.thumb.jpg.013bf1f9da8bee75cd93ec544e42ba95.jpg

IF they build a flume in that site I'd be all for it. A little theme about a touring company giving tree-top guides to get a peek at the Beast (Since you can see the tops of the lift hills) before a big plunge. Similar to the original flume before Tomb Raider, Kenton's Keelboat Canal.

Ok, I may have missed this because I haven't read the whole thread (last 4 or 5 pages though) Has anyone heard anything about Coasterstock yet? If it's the same weekend as last year it should fall on my son's birthday so I've been checking. Last year tickets went on sale Feb 1, so uhh kinda getting close. We bought CF platinum passes this year and were definitely planning on going.

Coasterstock is May 15 and 16. Can't help with on-sale date.

Are you sure about this date? Don hasn't posted anything on the website that I could find. I know it happens around this time every year. I hope you're right...

They mentioned the date at No Coaster Con a week or two ago.

Don said it's supposed to be done by the end of the week. I bet they'll make a big deal out of it on Friday. It's supposed to stay dry in Cincy all week so I'm sure they'll have it finished.

We'll definitely know when it starts testing due to how many people are following it and there are great views from the Great Wolf parking lot behind Banshee/Bat.