TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

^ Well, I love looking at coasters and passing judgement as much as the next person, but I'm gonna have to disagree with you and go with the people who have actually been on Diamondback. The reviews have all been very positive as far as I'm concerned. I wasn't looking for a new number one coaster, but wouldn't it be great to have a Nitro ripoff at every park? Think about it!

-James Dillaman

with a splashdown that does absolutely nothing for the people onboard the ride.

Where is there a B&M splashdown that does something for the riders onboard?

The last car. I think it's awesome to turn around and see that massive explosion of water fly up right behind you.

And oh yes almightyfire, the POV tells everything man. The pov is the same thing as riding the ride. Your butt stays in one spot the whole time, and it feels like you're staring at a computer screen.

I got a Diamondback Statix in the new gift show on opening day. Here is a picture of the model.

When I get time I do a Photo Trip Report.

I always get giddy when I see a post from you. All I can think of is..."I'm Scruffy. I'm the janitor." Bahahahahahaha. Random note.

Uploading more pictures as we speak!

I think this is a GREAT addition to KI. From the people that have ridden it, most have generally given positive reviews and that's enough to please me. I don't EVER judge a ride before I get on it.

So what if it isn't a top 10 for most. If I have a good time on a coaster... I'm a happy clam. I don't go around finding every con with the ride while basically ignoring many of the pros. Not me. If I'm blown away, that's GREAT! If I'm not... so be it. Not every major coaster built is going to best the one built before it. Their are PLENTY of examples of this so I'll let you think about them.

I just always remember that its what the PARK approved and ordered in what they thought was in the park's best interest and something that most of the GP would eat up. A park usually does not sit down to discuss their next coaster with the mindset that they will design it to BLOW all us coaster enthusiasts away with extreme ejector air, utterly mind-boggling inversions, and blackout worthy forces. Parks install these things with the constant mindset of 'will this please the majority of the general public.' or something along those lines I'm guessing.

So, in all I commend KI for installing this. A coaster like this was MUCH needed for the park and I think most would have been happy with ANY form of a Hyper coaster constructed at the park. Now I just have to hope that someday I can get back to the park to ride it....

We waited a little bit over three hours. We got into line at 8:30 where they were holding it by the dark ride. They probably didn't let us into the actual line until 9:15 or so at which point the line was past the Eiffel Tower down by Italian job. I posted my review shortly after noon.

Honestly, there was a lot of French crunching going on in that initial queue. It was just a big mass of people, not an actual line, waiting behind the rope and many people didn't think much of pushing their way to the front.

I was also in that scrum in front of the dark ride. I would not consider that to be waiting in any sort of organized queue. If we used this as a benchmark of how long we waited, Coasterville and I waited for 3 1/2 hours after getting to the park around 7:45. Once the queue got properly formed up, 2:30 should be the longest you hear from anyone.

Speaking of TPR people, about the time the line got to the Nick Universe bathrooms, a guy in a TPR zip-up hoodie went sprinting past us in the opposite direction, with a girl in some sort of lacrosse sweatshirt in tow. I believe this happened about a quarter after 10. If anyone cares to identify themselves as this Unknown TPR Assassin, please feel free to do so in this thread.

Paul "Glad I Came" Miller

I don't understand why people don't read things in their entirety. I said it was a great addition and I also said it was a great park. All I said is that it appears to be a typical B&M coaster. I have also read critiques where it was said that it wasn't that great and it didn't have much airtime. It is a matter of tastes. I also said every park needs one. So I didn't say anything that warrants anyone to get upset.

I don't understand why people don't read things in their entirety. I said it was a great addition and I also said it was a great park. All I said is that it appears to be a typical B&M coaster. I have also read critiques where it was said that it wasn't that great and it didn't have much airtime. It is a matter of tastes. I also said every park needs one. So I didn't say anything that warrants anyone to get upset.

I don't think the "typical B&M" has new styled trains, a water splash, multiple drops into a ravine, a 70*+ drop, and a single rider line.

You can read all you want, but I'd love to see the review that said it wasn't that great and the airtime was mediocre.

It was on this board here where I read it and you cant possibly think that everyone who has ridden it since its opening, actually find it all of that.

It's a B&M hyper with all the extras added onto it! It's a great coaster!

I'm not saying it's the best, but you can't possibly say it lacks in airtime and it's not that great. People would think you're talking about Raging Bull!

Please come up and take a ride You'll see what I mean.

but you can't possibly say it lacks in airtime

Actually, my ride was kinda lacking in airtime. It was there, but it wasn't like SFOG Goliath where you'd stay in the air well past the bottom of the hill. But I only had one cycle in the morning. Other reviewers reported that LSHOF warmed up later in the day. I'm willing to write this one off as just one cycle that doesn't amount to much. Even the mighty EGF reportedly runs better later in the day.

Assuming that I can shake this obnoxious cold (the main reason I only got one cycle Saturday), we're going back Friday evening to ride nothing but LSHOF.

One of my friends and I got up at 2:00 am and were on the road by 3:00 am heading our from Saginaw, MI. We arrived to the park at about 9:00 am and headed straight to guest relations to get our ticket (We both have Cedar Fair Platinum Passes, but from Cedar Point).

We waited about 45 minutes there. It seems they were having all kinds of problems with peoples passes not working, and some printout from hotels that it seemed every other person had.

We finally got in the park at about 10:00 am and headed straight for Diamondback.

HOLY WOW! As you all have seen now, the line was ginormous!

When we finally got to the end of the line, it was wrapped all the way around and almost meet back up with the beginning of the turn styles. It was insane!

We were told by an employee that we had approximately a 5 to 6 hour wait.

We ended up only waiting 3 hours and 5 minutes.

We rode in the very front seat the first time. I absolutely loved it!

The airtime is awesome! It's not floater airtime like Goliath SFOG, but seemed to me to be more ejector airtime kind of like El Toro SFGadv.

Normally I'm a front seat kind of guy. Besides Voyage and Raven at Holiday World, this may be the first coaster that I actually liked better in the back.

Maybe it had something to do with my back seat ride being at night.

It was pitch black and you couldn't see a thing, plus for some reason the energy of any park or ride at night just seems to be way better. it was AWESOME!

Overall, I think Diamondback is perfect!

It's a perfect addition to the park, and it has completely changed the whole back half of the park, in a good way though.

I would put it somewhere in my top 10 steel.

I looked for people that I may recognize from TPR. I only saw one lady wearing a TPR shirt, but never got a chance to say hi. No one else looked familiar to me. Bummer!

To add to the airtime debate. Those of you who say it had little airtime, did you ride in the middle? IMO the middle was the tamest, and the front and back had extreme floater airtime. It went from huge negative G's to positive G's. The bunny hills after the MCBR weren't as airtime filled as the first 4 hills however. But even those in the front and back (especially the front) were loaded with air. I even got air after the final helix and up into the final brake run. Give it a shot if you haven't already!

Well, I was there on Sat. and finally have the time to give my review. First off, the ride looks amazing in person! It blends in perfect and allows for great views of the first drop and spashdown. The ride itself is equally as impressive. The first drop is great, the speed is amazing and the airtime is fantastic. I will compare it to other hypers that I have ridden.

DB>Apollos Chariot - Bigger, badder, faster, more fun.

DB>Goliath(SFMM) - This one isn't even close. I am yet to get the hype behind Goliath. Great first drop followed by meh. It just didn't do much for me, whereas DB was just flat out fun.

DB>Goliath(SFOG) - DB is just a better ride with better airtime and more exciting elements.

DB>Titan - The extra helix does little to make this Goliath clone any closer in comparison to Diamondback

DB>Behemoth- Tough one for me cause I like Behemoth but I just feel the layout is a little more exciting.

DB>Silver Star - Close one here, but the new train style gives the edge to DB.

DB=Nitro - Another close one here. I am a big fan of Nitro but the edge goes to DB cause of the trains, the setting, and the spashdown. It is so close for me that I had to consider those factors. I may consider Nitro just as good.

Great pickup for KI!!!!

Despite the crazy lines I had a great time.

That's just an example of good engineering. When you see the track shaking like that, it's exerting all the kinetic energy that's applied through thousands of pounds of force from the passing trains. It's releasing the kinetic energy that's absorbed while regaining potential energy. The track is designed to be flexible to release energy like that.

That's just an example of good engineering. When you see the track shaking like that, it's exerting all the kinetic energy that's applied through thousands of pounds of force from the passing trains. It's releasing the kinetic energy that's absorbed while regaining potential energy. The track is designed to be flexible to release energy like that.

Yeah but Diamondback has less supports previous B&M hypers on its drop, and I believe that Manta actually had additional bracing added to its drop already because of shaking problems, so its not out of the question that supporting could be an issue.