TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Kings Island (KI) Discussion Thread

p. 832: Camp Snoopy announced for 2024!

Banshee looks like it will be a solid addition to KI.

I particularly like the theme. Hopefully the new CF will keep up with themes better than in previous years.

The posted layout is very close to the blueprints that were leaked. I thought for sure that was a distraction but apparently not.

It's great that I don't have to hear all the predictions for Banshee being the new name of the next CF coasters for the next 10 years!

Did anyone see SoB crashing down??? COMMENTS? Lol NOT COOL!

I thought that was the most amusing part of the video--sort of like Banshee has come for you, Son of Beast!

I am loving how much the KI fanboys are going crazy for this.

You guys... We all know that this thing is going to open and all of the Ohio enthusiasts are going to sing praises of how intense and brilliant this is. (The same way that Diamondback was praised as an airtime machine). Then everyone else is going to go visit KI and realize that it's really not all that.

Looks big and boring. And let's be honest... It's going up be forceless. Will be perfect for that park!

There... I said it!

Yep! A few pages back one of the Ohio nut jobs called me "TPR's most negative member" for pointing out the widely known fact that modern B&M inverts aren't as good as the old school ones like Dragons, Montu, Katun, Batman, Nemesis, etc.

Banshee will be a smashing success for the park and WAYYYYY better than SOB. But one needs to go into this with realistic expectations considering the types of rides B&M is building these days.

I actually liked all the more "recent" B&M coasters I've been on and wouldn't consider them forceless. I agree this coaster won't beat the likes of Pyrenees, Katun and Nemesis but it'll be a smooth, fun coaster and I'm sure it'll have some intensity. I mean hell, I found the Swarm at Thorpe Park to fairly intense and overall a very good ride and that was 3 days after riding Nemesis.

I am loving how much the KI fanboys are going crazy for this.

You guys... We all know that this thing is going to open and all of the Ohio enthusiasts are going to sing praises of how intense and brilliant this is. (The same way that Diamondback was praised as an airtime machine). Then everyone else is going to go visit KI and realize that it's really not all that.

Looks big and boring. And let's be honest... It's going up be forceless. Will be perfect for that park!

There... I said it!

Yep! A few pages back one of the Ohio nut jobs called me "TPR's most negative member" for pointing out the widely known fact that modern B&M inverts aren't as good as the old school ones like Dragons, Montu, Katun, Batman, Nemesis, etc.

Banshee will be a smashing success for the park and WAYYYYY better than SOB. But one needs to go into this with realistic expectations considering the types of rides B&M is building these days.

Aww....Thats cute you two found each other! Neither one of you have even ridden the ride, yet you know it's going to be boring and forceless! And on that note, I love the newer inverts. Personally I enjoy a smoother ride and less rough transitions. I actually found the Batman Clones to be a terrible ride experience. A major headache if you will.

Kinda discourteous to insult fans of a park for being excited for their new coaster.

Looks like a really nice addition to the park. I have to admit I'm slightly disappointed about the lack of an eight inversion. Still, I'm happy that there is no MCBR (or at least seems to be so, according to the video) and the layout seems pretty original!

Looks like a really nice addition to the park. I have to admit I'm slightly disappointed about the lack of an eight inversion. Still, I'm happy that there is no MCBR (or at least seems to be so, according to the video) and the layout seems pretty original!

Cedar Fair is saving a coaster with 8 inversions for another one of their properties.

So, this coaster looks pretty cool - up until after the second vertical loop. Everything after that looks so weird! I feel like the only reason why this will be the "longest inverted coaster" is thanks to the long straight twist section and outrageously long brake run (heeeere we go again).

thoughts:

pros: spread out, large inversions, overall length, great first drop, good pacing, first major USA B&M invert since 97, good addition for Halloween events at the park, new wing rider style harnesses

cons: could use a tunnel/subterrean feature, why not go 8+ inversions, kind of feels like Montu (at least to me), potential for ride to be a bit drawn out with slow elements/hang time

neutral: where is the exact fastest point in the ride if it's not at the bottom of the first drop? why no block brake?

overall: looks like a great ride

follow me @bejackso06 on twitter

You mean since Silver Bullet in 2004

thoughts:

pros: spread out, large inversions, overall length, great first drop, good pacing, first major USA B&M invert since 97, good addition for Halloween events at the park, new wing rider style harnesses

cons: could use a tunnel/subterrean feature, why not go 8+ inversions, kind of feels like Montu (at least to me), potential for ride to be a bit drawn out with slow elements/hang time

neutral: where is the exact fastest point in the ride if it's not at the bottom of the first drop? why no block brake?

overall: looks like a great ride

follow me @bejackso06 on twitter

You mean since Silver Bullet in 2004

You mean since Patriot in 2006.

Neither one of you have even ridden the ride, yet you know it's going to be boring and forceless! And on that note, I love the newer inverts. Personally I enjoy a smoother ride and less rough transitions. I actually found the Batman Clones to be a terrible ride experience.

You can take the Silver Bullets, Patriots, and Black Mambas... I will be riding Nemesis, Dragons, and Montu! Banshee will probably be perfect for you!

Kinda discourteous to insult fans of a park for being excited for their new coaster.

I mean, this is the same fan base that still clings to the idea that Magnum and Beast are top 10 rides and that the Big Dipper should still be saved. I can only worry so much about hurting their feelings!

Pros: Longest invert, 7 interesting inversion, potentially forceful 2nd half, awesome color scheme

Cons: Wingrider restraints (unless they fix the issues), potential to be forceless, why not go for 8 inversions or 200' drop while their at it?

Overall, AMAZING looking ride, but restraints and forces will make or break it for me. From an operator standpoint, I wonder how much it will stack when the only blocks are station, lifet, and brakerun....Either way, looks like my home is finally getting something more twisted than my VorteX

Getting ready to scream in 2014!

Looks like an awesome ride and without a doubt and a good addition to KI. I do like how B&M decided to bring back the whole loop around the lift hill element. First on an invert too I believe.

Although I'm not to sure about the restrains. I prefer the original ones.

In no way is this a complaint and I'm not going to talk about the actual ride till it opens besides saying from the videos for an invert it looks pretty good. Ok so everyone was saying don't build a wing rider there is one 3 hours away at CP. CP also has an invert thats only 334 ft shorter (Banshees final brake run seems a lot longer so ride wise even less of a difference). At 24M dollars (their highest spending on a single ride) I don't see why they didn't try something completely different thats not out in the states. For almost the same they could have put something like the Smiler in its place, or a Mack launch like Blue Fire or even Helix. I know he said B&M is reliable (which they are) but for that hefty price tag and having an invert at a sister park 3 hours away I think building something different would have been better. I know there are support issues with Smiler, but its a first of its kind and the second time around I'm sure they would have fixed that.

I know not everyone would agree (I know some will) but I'm going to CP in 2014 (I'm from CA). Depending on what KI was announcing I was debating driving out 3 hours (I've already done so in 2010). To me it's not worth a 3 hour drive to go on another invert (especially considering Raptor is one of the better ones). If it were something that CP didn't have (or something CA didn't have) I would have made the 3 hour trip and I think a lot of people will have the same mentality even if Banshee ends up being a better invert which it very well may be.

I LOVE the theming but they could have done that with any ride.

I wonder if that price tag includes the removal of Son of Beast, because it doesn't seem likely that an invert would be more expensive than a hyper.

I dont see the demolition of SOB being more than 2 million (I think probably closer to 1 million). I believe they blew it up? So cost of explosives, workers and the cleaning equipment. Even at 2 million that means the ride still cost 22 million.

^ Are they putting a lot of money into themeing, landscaping, ect in addition to the SOB demolition cost?

I dont see that station costing anymore than any other station (I think that, the fog around and some tombstones will be the theming). I think the price is the cost of the ride itself and any additional theming, demolition is an additional amount, but if 24M includes the theming all other parks would be the same way I'm sure.

I always considered the price tag they give in these press releases to be of just the ride itself. I'm sure someone working in the industry could give some insight into that.

But the 24 million sounds justified for just the coaster, IMO. It's a long custom coaster that's sporting possibly three new trains.