TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventuredome Discussion Thread

^ So they're doing a Hollywood Dream thing, huh?

Over in Universal Japan, you pick the music you want screaming into

your ears as you hurtle along, now backwards, too! It was fun,

especially the Japanese songs that were definite high tech dance music.

Could be a fun addition to this one.

,^^ Which brings up the question, are this coaster and Hollywood Dream in Universal Japan,

the only two coasters with this "personal soundtrack" thing in them?

EDIT to add: This also brings up the possibilities of the "personal soundtrack" becoming

one of the Next Big Things to start blooming all over the world, if this El Loco works successfully

with it. Even though Hollywood Dream has been doing it for several years, it's still awesome

for another coaster (finally) to use this technology, too. And in the US!

and ^^^ If this is sort of the same system as on the Japan coaster, you will be able to choose

your own soundtrack, as you sit in the seat! You just push one of several embedded buttons,

having to remember which one is for which track. They post this all along the queue, so you

are pretty prepped to decide, by the time you get into a seat.

And BTW - the "J-Pop" on the bottom two buttons were the Japanese Dance tracks. And the "Classical" was

I believe, an original "quick piece," composed solely for the coaster ride. It was pretty EPIC, too. I enjoyed

them all, actually.

HDbuttonsInseat01.jpg.c95731897d369e154d64765a4a321ce8.jpg

Hollywood Dream - one of the signs.

HDbuttonsInseat02.jpg.8e4c3c4b61f3e46e523f75853acb3577.jpg

The buttons in the seat restraint. Easy! If you don't choose, it stays with the #1 choice, in this case, Rock.

(Photos thankyous to TPR.)

,^^ Which brings up the question, are this coaster and Hollywood Dream in Universal Japan,

the only two coasters with this "personal soundtrack" thing in them?

EDIT to add: This also brings up the possibilities of the "personal soundtrack" becoming

one of the Next Big Things to start blooming all over the world, if this El Loco works successfully

with it. Even though Hollywood Dream has been doing it for several years, it's still awesome

for another coaster (finally) to use this technology, too. And in the US!

and ^^^ If this is sort of the same system as on the Japan coaster, you will be able to choose

your own soundtrack, as you sit in the seat! You just push one of several embedded buttons,

having to remember which one is for which track. They post this all along the queue, so you

are pretty prepped to decide, by the time you get into a seat.

And BTW - the "J-Pop" on the bottom two buttons were the Japanese Dance tracks. And the "Classical" was

I believe, an original "quick piece," composed solely for the coaster ride. It was pretty EPIC, too. I enjoyed

them all, actually.

How about Hollywood Rip Ride and Rockit?

^ So they're doing a Hollywood Dream thing, huh?

Over in Universal Japan, you pick the music you want screaming into

your ears as you hurtle along, now backwards, too! It was fun,

especially the Japanese songs that were definite high tech dance music.

Could be a fun addition to this one.

I may be incorrect (we'll probably know for sure after tomorrow's chat), but I interpreted "custom soundtrack" as the ride will have a mix of those music types as opposed to just playing a single song. Think like X2 where snippets of several songs are played. I've never heard anything about riders being able to pick a song, and from pictures of the cars it doesn't look like there is any interface for it.

Also, was it confirmed yet that we get to choose a soundtrack? I don't think this has been said anywhere yet Bill.

I agree, sadly, That immediately came to mind after I posted. My bad.

Still, here's hoping. Random doesn't sit well. I mean, if you wanted

Classical, but were played Hip Hop? KInd of kills the ride experience.

The mix soundtrack is possible I guess. I haven't experienced any,

that I can remember, like that.

For me, IMhO.

If you get to choose I hope there is a none option. I'm not a fan of the whole music on rides gimmick. It detracts from the whole experience rather than adding anything in my opinion.
I think that's highly dependent on what music is chosen. I think the sound effects on X2 at SFMM are distracting and pretty random (With the exception of the "Going Down" Aerosmith clip which is awesome), most rides' onboard audio is not even audible in my experience, but there are some good ones.

Disney unsurprisingly has done a good job on the ones that I've experienced. The audio on California Screamin and Space Mountain in Anaheim really does add to the experience, and even when they temporarily used Chili Peppers songs I thought it worked just as well.

It's really a matter of choosing the right soundtrack to go along with the ride experience. It's audio theming is what it is, so if this were Six Flags, I would cringe...but it's not, so I'm optimistic.

Ok everyone from Vegas. I see it's opening Tuesday Feb 18th,

I say we need to get together and go down soon to eat and ride. What about Saturday morning (feb 22nd) when the park opens. Go for some early rides and lunch???