TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Adventuredome Discussion Thread

Hey everybody!

This thread is simple! Rather than having a million little threads about everything that goes on at Adventuredome, this thread is designed to consolidate it all into one user-friendly thread. Feel free to use it to post updates, trip reports, questions, comments, and of course, general discussion. For pictures and videos of the park as well as past updates, see TPR's Park Index Adventuredome.

Adventuredome's Official Website

Below are some links to past updates from the park, you may be interested in. Enjoy!

--Robb

July 18th, 2008 - Child dies after suffering cardiac arrest on roller coaster

December 12th, 2012 - Circus Circus proposes adding a waterpark

January 2nd, 2013 - S&S to build custom El Loco at Adventuredome, to replace Rim Runner

February 4th, 2013 - Boats are removed from Rim Runner

February 8th, 2013 - deconstruction of Rim Runner begins

March 22nd, 2013 - more deconstruction of Rim Runner

May 18th, 2013 - remodeled mini golf course opens[/url

August 27th, 2013 - Footers for El Loco have been poured

October 4th, 2013 - Vertical construction is under way

October 26th, 2013 - El Loco first drop is installed

November 24th, 2013 - more El Loco construction

December 2nd, 2013 - construction update

December 7th, 2013 - Track near completion

December 13th, 2013 - Comprehensive overview of El Loco construction

February 21st, 2014 - El Loco Media Day!

March 26th, 2019 - Double Amputee falls ot of El Loco

Original Post:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25720489/

3 words... Read the signs.

Now if she didn't have any health problems, or if it was the coasters fault (which I highyl doubt) then it was her fault for getting on, therefore getting hurt. If people just respected the rides (lolololol) then maybe things like this wouldn't happen.

How could it possibly be someone's fault if they do not know about a preexisting condition. Any of us could have something wrong with us that we do not know about.

I hope this girl tuns out ok. It is not normal for 12 year olds to have heart attacks.

Yeah, most 12-year-olds do not typically have heart attacks. And anyone so young would most likely know of any pre-existing heart conditions.

Now if she knew she had a heart condition and went on the ride anyway, then it's her fault for not following the warnings. But if she didn't know of any heart problems, then I wonder what would have caused someone so young to have a heart attack? Surely the coaster isn't that frightening!

I think this is the crappiest thing I've ever read. How are you reused to a hospital?

Looks like MSNBC just wanted to post this immediately and not even bother trying to get anything right.

As for a pre-existing condition, she's 12. She probably doesn't know if she has heart problems. I can't wait for more information on this because right now it barely makes any sense.

Surely the coaster isn't that frightening!

Nope, but the resort sure is.

a portable defibrillator was used to get her heart beating again.

I lobbied for these in one of the past Disney "pre-existing condition deaths on a ride" thread, and this is exactly why. Will they help in every situation? No. But it doesn't hurt to have one at, or near every major thrill ride.

^Damn dude, could you be a little more heartless? I mean come on, she's 12, she or her parents probably had no idea that she may or may not have a heart condition. But show a little consideration. (And nice grammar by the way)

As for MSNBC rushing to be the first and misspelling crap, that's just the way our world turns now, it's all about recognition and being able to say you were the first, doesn't really matter if you get the story right or spelling, because you can always go back and retract it later.

Just sucks for her and her family, wishing her the best and a speedy recovery.

Exactly...If you have pre conditions, and you see signs saying "DO NOT RIDE IF YOU HAVE HEART CONDITIONS" i mean honestly whos fault is it. I hope she turns out fine to of course.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about?

Pre-Existing in this sense usually means that SHE DOES NOT KNOW that she has the condition.

Wow, I think it had to be some sort of overlooked, or unknown pre-existing condition. I don't think a 12 year old would've had a heart attack just from the ride. Theres some information were just not getting here. I feel so sorry for her, my sympathies to her family and her, I hope shes doing better.

I just hope this doesnt turn out to be one of those "Rollercoasters are dangerous nobody should ride them, to the depths of hell with very satin itself with you rollercoasters" kinda things.

I assume that this was not caused by the Miner Mike.

Who knows it has a couple of deep drops.

I am glad to hear this girl is doing better. At least she was able to learn about this problem and not die from it. This could be a blessing in disguise.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25815388/

KVBC-TV

updated 7:31 a.m. PT, Thurs., July. 24, 2008

Catlynne Shaw, the 12-year-old girl who went into cardiac arrest while riding a rollercoaster at the Circus-Circus Adventuredome, passed away Tuesday.

Catlynne's father, Eric Shaw, says that the length of time that her brain was depleted of oxygen had caused her brain to swell and became too much for her body to handle. Doctors still aren't exactly sure what caused her heart attack.

Eric says his family is very grateful for the prayers and well-wishes from the "angels" of Las Vegas.

So sad

KVBC-TV

Catlynne Shaw, the 12-year-old girl who went into cardiac arrest while riding a rollercoaster at the Circus-Circus Adventuredome, passed away Tuesday.

Catlynne's father, Eric Shaw, says that the length of time that her brain was depleted of oxygen had caused her brain to swell and became too much for her body to handle. Doctors still aren't exactly sure what caused her heart attack.

Eric says his family is very grateful for the prayers and well-wishes from the "angels" of Las Vegas.

So sad

Was that because she had an issue in her body? Or did she not have enough oxygen because of the ride? If that's the case- I'm going to be scared to go on a coaster (I was already scared LOL!)

RIP- prayers to her family

Was that because she had an issue in her body? Or did she not have enough oxygen because of the ride? If that's the case- I'm going to be scared to go on a coaster (I was already scared LOL!)

Your heart delivers oxygen to your brain via blood vessels. Her heart stopped, and her brain stopped getting oxygen. So, yes, she did not have enough oxygen because of the ride.

Your heart delivers oxygen to your brain via blood vessels. Her heart stopped, and her brain stopped getting oxygen. So, yes, she did not have enough oxygen because of the ride.

So it's because of the heart attack that happened. I thought you could just stop getting oxygen because a ride is too fast or something.

I think she had a condition that made this happen. A ride cannot be that scary

So it's because of the heart attack that happened. I thought you could just stop getting oxygen because a ride is too fast or something.

I think she had a condition that made this happen. A ride cannot be that scary

Yup, that's what caused her to lose oxygen. A coaster wouldn't do it on it's own unless something medical related happened. Prayers go out to the girl.

KVBC-TV

So sad

I rode this ride like 20 times back to back when I was younger (and the ride wasn't so rough). I am guessing she had a pre-existing condition, but will not blame anyone, because how can she know if no symptoms were previously exhibited.

KVBC-TV

So sad

I rode this ride like 20 times back to back when I was younger (and the ride wasn't so rough). I am guessing she had a pre-existing condition, but will not blame anyone, because how can she know if no symptoms were previously exhibited.

Ah, I see. I'm pretty positive I have no heart conditions, considering I rode the Hurricane coaster 6x back-to-back last week!

• 1 year later...

EDIT: Been cleaning up this post since a lot of the photos have fallen off, and made this one thread about all things Adventuredome!

2/9/10 was a crazy rainy day in Las Vegas, so what better than to head to the Adventuredome at Circus Circus (Which will always be Grand Slam Canyon to me) You gotta love the fact that when the weather is crap, you can still ride some rides. I got to the park around noon, and it was still pouring outside...As well as inside the dome, it doesn't rain much in Vegas so it is hard to pinpoint leaks all the time. The park was completely empty and Rim Runner, Bumper Cars, and the swinging ship were closed. Anyways, here are the photos.

3.jpg.9d8ca61b120f24a1095791f695b633af.jpg

Rim Runner was closed all day.

4.jpg.25cc5e1e22bbfb424f4828887478e5ad.jpg

Evidence of off season welding to upkeep Canyon Blaster

5.jpg.4d93de66a6325e9888c087a9b3c543ea.jpg

Canyon Blaster, one of my favorite Arrow Loopers

6.jpg.c3b3ba869fe12bd712c542d9e3e007f2.jpg

7.jpg.55559c470cd10fd30da07af267fdbf8f.jpg

8.jpg.8012a1752615d6929a27e0ac923a9a62.jpg

Buckets and trashcans everywhere!

9.jpg.5d7996b66087b79960dd627d38e69a94.jpg

Edited by Mr Stratosphere