TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

What a nice treat at the end of the day!

The skyrush testing just looks perfect as I imagined it would. It's crazy that another 17 mph will be added on to that! The trains look sort of awkward though.

The sooperdooperlooper trains look fantastic, and i love the colors. Hershey's gonna have a great year this year!

:omg: Airtime on that first hill!? More like launch into space hill. But I have a feeling trims will be added onto that hill. Intamin love their trims.

I think I read many pages ago that there won't be any trims on this. Which is most excellent. Two runs in and it's already looking insane!

:omg: Airtime on that first hill!? More like launch into space hill. But I have a feeling trims will be added onto that hill. Intamin love their trims.

You must have Intamin mistaken for B&M

Wow Skyrush looks amazing just like I know it world it's Intamin If it's moving that fast with the lifthill crawling this thing is going to haul some serious A$$ with the lifthill moving at full design speed

Also Superdooperlooper trains look awesome SFMM are you paying attention

After doing some testing of my own to see how much the lift speed would affect the train: I made a 200 foot tall lift in Newton with an 80 foot tall camelback right after. Using an 8 car B&M sitdown train (the closest analogue to Skyrush's trains in NL) the airtime over the tops of the lift hill and the first camelback "increased" by -0.5 G's. Basically, that's the difference between Maverick's launch to Storm Runners's launch. We already saw that it will get quite strong floater already, so I can all but guarantee this is going to HAUL throughout the course of the ride.

Three months until New Hotness...

I think I read many pages ago that there won't be any trims on this. Which is most excellent.

What he said. It was confirmed on some construction tour that there wouldn't be any trims. And judging by how it runs there isn't any need for them! It loses enough speed before each smaller hill - probably thanks in part to the wider trains and their extra surface area for air resistance - that designed-in trims, like on I305's home stretch, shouldn't be necessary. The only reason they would show up would be for any similar issues like the I305 wheel problems, which also shouldn't be a problem because the duration of the forces on the wheels during that first turn is short (at least compared to how long they're sustained on I305).

I think we should have a chat about whatever flew off the train over that first airtime hill though...a dummy's head, maybe? Where's Merlin's marketing department when you need 'em??

I think we should have a chat about whatever flew off the train over that first airtime hill though...a dummy's head, maybe? Where's Merlin's marketing department when you need 'em??

They've run 2 more tests already, so I doubt that it was a big deal.

Just want to chime in, that train goes soooo fast over both of those airtime hills! I've been waiting for this moment, and I had a feeling I would be let down. I'm happy to say that I'm not. Now we wait for more test runs at full cable speed, and then opening reviews later this month!

Congrats Hershey! And congrats to the world on getting a world-class coaster!

Interesting that only the back edge of the lap bar is in contact with the dummies, perhaps these restraints are even less restrictive than they first looked!

Also, its great that the middle seats are elevated above the sides, you should have great views from those seats too.

Edited by Fooz

This looks like a gift from Intamin and Hershey just paid them to build it at their park haha. "Hey here's American Expedition G Force...with no floor and the twist at the bottom of the drop"

Edited by PKI Jizzman

It looks like Hershey has a winner on their hands here. Is anyone else thinking that SkyRush looks like a serious contender for No. 1 coaster in the world? There have been pretty much only positive comments about this thing after the testing video which is a rarity...

In Mitch's poll? I wouldn't be surprised.

Definitely top 5. It's Kawasemi on steroids, and that one is 4th in the latest poll.