TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Hersheypark (HP) Discussion Thread

p. 438: Twizzlers Twisted Gravity announced for 2025!

This is fantastic news. The current restraints don't bother me as much as they do some people, but I am still ecstatic about this and for it to hopefully make the ride more comfortable and accessible. Velocicoaster/Pantheon/etc. restraints are really the best in the business right now.

If Wildcat's Revenge already wasn't enough, I'm itching to go back even more now. And I was just there in 2022!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/29/2024 at 11:46 AM, abovethesink said:

image.thumb.png.0672e8faa714b36087f9342c0a12f4d6.png

Oh good! Maybe people will quit whining, but I doubt it! 

Stoked to go this year, RMC Wildcat looks sick. As the only really bad coaster at the park this just makes its world class lineup even stronger. I know I got bias, been going since a kid and it reminds me of family (and later college) in PA but this park has a lineup only behind CP and with the new RMC and better restraints (granted I never found them thaaaat bad) this is even stronger now. 

I mean... if the restraints cause no pain people won't complain about them causing pain. The restraints ruined it for us.

Aside from that, we might go back this summer. What are the big differences between Hershey Hotel and Hershey Lodge? We had fun at the lodge in 2019. This time around, we're going to spend 2 days at the park and 2 days doing whatever.  We're going to take a day to hang out by the pool.

The Hotel seems to be geared a little more toward relaxation/luxury. That might be our ticket this time around.

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

I had the opportunity to experience the "new" Skyrush yesterday. Overall it is a BIG improvement! And that's coming from someone who wasn't really bothered too much by the original restraints. You can truly enjoy the drop and airtime now without your thighs taking a hit. For anyone who wasn't a fan before, I highly recommend riding again! This was an excellent move by the park and, to be honest, I'm still a little shocked they did it. Lots and lots of other parks would not invest in something like this without an obvious ROI. The updated airline/plane theming in the station is also a nice touch.

Oh, and Wildcat is awesome too. It's right up there with my favorite RMCs like Iron Gwazi, ArieForce One, and Steel Vengeance. In my opinion Hersheypark now has the best and most diverse coaster lineup out there. There is truly a ride for every enthusiast's or general public's taste.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, thrillseeker4552 said:

...For anyone who wasn't a fan before, I highly recommend riding again!...

Guess I need to plan a trip back out to HP. Last time we were there neither of us were a big fan of SkyRush. However, it wasn't so much the restraints, as it was the fact the coaster had one of the worst vibrations we have ever experienced. - Then again, this was back when they were loading like half trains (Or 1 party per row) so the trains were running super light. Noticed this seemed to be a thing on a lot of coasters we rode at various parks during that trip when they were running at super reduced capacity. 

Also, I really need to experience Storm Runner again. It was down the entire day when we were there last :( 

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/29/2024 at 4:35 PM, DoinItForTheFame said:

Guess I need to plan a trip back out to HP. Last time we were there neither of us were a big fan of SkyRush. However, it wasn't so much the restraints, as it was the fact the coaster had one of the worst vibrations we have ever experienced. - Then again, this was back when they were loading like half trains (Or 1 party per row) so the trains were running super light. Noticed this seemed to be a thing on a lot of coasters we rode at various parks during that trip when they were running at super reduced capacity. 

Also, I really need to experience Storm Runner again. It was down the entire day when we were there last :( 

We last went in 2022. SkyRush had an awful shake in the wing seat I rode in and was pretty smooth on an inside seat. I only had the two rides. Looking forward to getting back and trying it with the new restraints. They didn't completely ruin the ride for me, but they were very, very bad. Now I just need SFNE to replace the god awful bricks on Superman. 

12 hours ago, abovethesink said:

They didn't completely ruin the ride for me

Quite the opposite for us in 2018. I'm looking forward to eventually being able to enjoy it.

• 1 month later...

How have weekdays been crowd wise? Queue Times is useless at this park. Wildcat's Revenge isn't even listed.

Usually I use preview night to power ride Skyrush and Storm Runner and then rope drop Fahrenheit the next morning. Does Wildcat's Revenge get insane lines after the water park closes or should I try to get to that end of the park on preview night instead?

• 2 weeks later...

So far tonight I've waited through a Skyrush breakdown, a Storm Runner breakdown, and then went over to Wildcat's Revenge to find it totally deserted and clearly closed for the day. No mention of that on the website. Did Six Flags aquire Hershey too?

I really hope it's open tomorrow because that would be a very disappointing 6 hour ride home.

The new restraints on Skyrush neuter the intensity quite a bit. Was always my favorite Intamin but it no longer has the insanity that the old restraints gave it. 

^ I'm sure the new restraints are a buzzkill for diehards, but for people like myself and the general public, it's probably overwhelmingly preferred. 

Did Six Flags aquire Hershey too?

🤣

Nervous start to today with Wildcat still down in the AM but they got it running a little after 1. Park was busy feeling today but walk ons almost everywhere.

Wildcat's Revenge is a different feeling RMC, with more of a focus on insane laterals that are especially intense at the end of the ride. Quite a feel nearly unbanked and sharp turns. Some good airtime and overall a nice ride. Not sure if I put it above the two good Intamins (sorry Fahrenheit, you're okay but not god tier like the other two) but an awesome addition to an already stacked park.

Storm Runner was closed for me in 2020 and I made sure to lap it like crazy today as it was a total walk on. Forgot how much of a masterpiece this is outside of it being super short. I like how each part of the train offers different experiences. Front gives you great ejector on the top hat and before the barrel roll. Middle gives you bone crushing positives in the saddles. Back gives great air off the back of the top hat and really accentuates the twisting dive near the end of the ride. What can I say, no one creates masterpieces like Intamin.

Mediocre Bear running fast today with some good positives in the first half. Just wish it did something...anything...in the second half. Maybe a 3 train wait midday. Coal Cracker and SDL total walkons.

I'm growing to hate PTC single lapbars. Comet stapled me to hell. Still a really fun ride, but I'll be on Phoenix in about 16 hours so one and done on this. 3 train wait which is about as little as I've ever waited for it.

Skyrush only running 1 train but still only a 3 or 4 train wait. I purposely stapled myself which kinda helped it feel like the old thing lol. It's still amazing. Just neutered a bit.

Fahrenheit had a pretty short wait when I was in the area so I grabbed a back seat ride. It's super underrated, yet super overshadowed in this park. Just wish they wouldn't run 3 trains on it and make you sit for 4 minutes before you can get off.

Candymonium... whatever. Usually a B&M hyper is the best ride in any given park. This barely cracks the top 5 here. There's no such thing as a bad B&M hyper but this is the weakest. But I'm glad everyone stands in line for this and makes the lines for the Intamins and Wildcat shorter.

We are heading down there in about two weeks so I will see for myself, but can someone clarify how the restraints have impacted the ride on SkyRush negatively? It isn't what I expected to read. 

Those who are complaining for the most part is that it is no longer "Thigh Crush," or that that feeling has lessened somewhat. It's still a kick-ass Intamin with intentions on sending you to Saturn at light speed, so I don't know what people's problems are.

I do love Hershey Park. I'm also disappointed that they installed a camera on Comet. More importantly, there are new trim brakes to slow down for the picture. This ruins the entire pacing of the ride after that! I've ridden it the past 2 days and it's definitely ruined the ride. That's so sad...

3 hours ago, CaptainUnknown said:

Those who are complaining for the most part is that it is no longer "Thigh Crush," or that that feeling has lessened somewhat. It's still a kick-ass Intamin with intentions on sending you to Saturn at light speed, so I don't know what people's problems are.

It used to have intentions on sending you to Pluto. Saturn is still pretty far though 😉

I still don't understand how the restraints clamping down less tightly impacted the intensity of the ride. Did I misunderstand something? Are they all new trains versus redone restraints? I guess I will experience it on the 3rd myself and understand at least.

Anyway, this trip has been planned for a while for my kid's birthday, but now my wife is pregnant with our fourth and won't be able to ride. What do non-coaster riders do at Hershey? I don't remember there being any shows and we have to stay the the park proper with the two 14 year olds (son is bringing a friend). I mean they can separate from us for periods of time, but we aren't leaving them in the park without us, so Chocolate World isn't a great solution. Is my wife now condemned to a day of train and sky rides? A small price to pay for our last kid, I guess, but I will feel a twinge a guilt when I test out the new restraints and get to ride Wildcat's Revenge while she sits at the exits! At least she will get lots of candy and desserts if she wants. 

So I guess it's not necessarily that the airtime is any less, it's more that the new restraints obviously contact your lap/waist area a lot more instead of your thighs and allow for less upper body movement. The old restraints were so unconventional that they kind of added to the intensity because your torso was able to get thrown around a lot more by the forces of the ride.

On 7/25/2024 at 10:07 AM, abovethesink said:

I still don't understand how the restraints clamping down less tightly impacted the intensity of the ride. Did I misunderstand something? Are they all new trains versus redone restraints? I guess I will experience it on the 3rd myself and understand at least.

Anyway, this trip has been planned for a while for my kid's birthday, but now my wife is pregnant with our fourth and won't be able to ride. What do non-coaster riders do at Hershey? I don't remember there being any shows and we have to stay the the park proper with the two 14 year olds (son is bringing a friend). I mean they can separate from us for periods of time, but we aren't leaving them in the park without us, so Chocolate World isn't a great solution. Is my wife now condemned to a day of train and sky rides? A small price to pay for our last kid, I guess, but I will feel a twinge a guilt when I test out the new restraints and get to ride Wildcat's Revenge while she sits at the exits! At least she will get lots of candy and desserts if she wants. 

Congratulations!

But yeah... she's pretty much screwed at the park. Maybe the shooter ride.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hersheypark has announced Twizzlers Twisted Gravity, the tallest S&S Screamin' Swing in the world, for 2025!

24_hp.twizzlerstwistedgravity.render.halfswing.thumb.jpg.6c16750e54b643229e1e51965d8cb603.jpg

https://stories.hersheypa.com/hersheypark-announces-twizzlers-twisted-gravity-ride-coming-summer-2025/

Hersheypark, the largest amusement park in Pennsylvania, today announced the details of its all-new 2025 Twizzlers Twisted Gravity attraction. This high-thrill pendulum attraction will be the tallest Screamin’ Swing in the world when it opens in summer 2025. 

The one-minute and 10-second experience begins as riders of Hershey’s height category (48-54”) and above ascend 137 adrenaline-pumping feet, defy gravity at speeds reaching 68 miles per hour and experience multiple mind-bending zero G moments as they swing high above Spring Creek in The Hollow region of Hersheypark. 

Manufactured by S&S Worldwide, the all-new Twizzlers-inspired adventure is the newest candy to join the iconic Hersheypark skyline. Guests will sit in one of four branded zones across two gondolas, featuring the Twizzlers Strawberry, Cherry, Hershey’s Chocolate and Black Licorice-flavored designs. 

Hersheypark is the only place where guests can snap a selfie with a Twizzlers Character, measure as a Twizzlers height category and ride in a Twizzlers-themed train on Candymonium hypercoaster.

“We continue to invest in attraction experiences that leverage unique Hershey brands, so we are thrilled to add a Twizzlers-branded Screamin’ Swing to our unmatched ride portfolio next summer,” said Vikki Hultquist, Vice President of Hersheypark & Entertainment Operations. “Twizzlers Twisted Gravity will provide our guests with the best of both worlds - the ultimate thrills and never-before-seen views of our Park’s beautiful 121 acres as they soar to a record-breaking height and leave gravity behind.”

Edited by A.J.
Edited with press release information