TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

You can clearly see that CNN has their agenda against this park and will do what it takes to try and take them down.

CNN's agenda is to sell Blackfish DVD's.

Whatever coaster design/type they go with, this seems like a very wise move by Sea World to me. I really enjoyed my visit to Sea World Orlando in 2013 and would love to get back there someday soon.

You can clearly see that CNN has their agenda against this park and will do what it takes to try and take them down.

CNN's agenda is to sell Blackfish DVD's.

What? Everything they do is to make money? What a crazy idea.

Glad to see everything is moving forward, though. Even if it ends up being a B&M still happy to see a hyper coaster in Orlando.

And in Florida in general!

I hope this new coaster is a new leaf for SeaWorld, I really wish they would go back to the mid-2000's with their whole "Touch a world" and "worlds connect" advertisements. This new coaster will hopefully push back a lot of negative press for the company. I also hope they drop the whole Blackfish defense commercials and just go back to making commercials like these:

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

This was when SeaWorld was at it's best in my opinion, so I hope in addition to this coaster, the next Shamu show goes back to something like Believe which message was to inspire.

As for the coaster itself, I feel like a B&M Hyper is just too safe. Something like Skyrush would be so marketable especially since this is clearly shark themed.

Edited by colinx

As for the coaster itself, I feel like a B&M Hyper is just too safe. Something like Skyrush would be so marketable especially since this is clearly shark themed.

I don't see how a B&M wouldn't be as marketable as an Intamin? As long as you have a creative marketing team you can promote anything well. Look at the insane things Merlins marketing team keep coming up with for attractions.

I don't see how a B&M wouldn't be as marketable as an Intamin? As long as you have a creative marketing team you can promote anything well. Look at the insane things Merlins marketing team keep coming up with for attractions.

The fast lift hill is definately somethin the GP public would eat up, the whole name for Skyrush is based around that whole idea. Also the winged seats give a much unique feel than anything a B&M hyper could give, especially if this coaster is residing next to the lake. Either way I'm fine with anything, that's just how I feel. I really could see either choice fitting though.

I don't see how a B&M wouldn't be as marketable as an Intamin?

Um...Intamins are simply better?

I agree that B&M is too safe for the competition in Orlando especially SWO already has a flyer. SWO needs manageable innovations so Intamin is the right choice when going above 200ft. They have plenty of experience and they don't do the same thing over and over again.

I don't see how a B&M wouldn't be as marketable as an Intamin?

Um...Intamins are simply better?

I agree that B&M is too safe for the competition in Orlando especially SWO already has a flyer. SWO needs manageable innovations so Intamin is the right choice when going above 200ft. They have plenty of experience and they don't do the same thing over and over again.

Everyone outside of coaster forums couldn't care less about whether the coaster is a B&M or an Intamin. If "tallest and fastest coaster in Orlando" doesn't attract more guests to SeaWorld, going with an Intamin over a B&M certainly won't help either.

Also, the "competition in Orlando"? What competition has anything even close to a hyper coaster? Even Kraken is a hee-uge stretch.

Mostly what it comes down to is something that can remain marketable, yeah it's great that SeaWorld will have the tallest coaster in Orlando, but as we can see it can easily be broken and might be next year by the SkyPlex(which I dont think will happen but is a completely different beast), so yeah I think besides being the tallest coaster in Orlando, it's gotta have some over marketing factors besides that for longevity purposes. Maybe that doesn't even matter at all but that's just how I view it. I doubt that the GP would really know or care about much of the differences between a B&M Hyper and say, the Incredible Hulk so something like Skyrush could stand on it's own.

Yea - the "actual" height is required for official filings, so I think it's safe to say that the track will top out at around 198 with the structure reaching a max of 201.

Then wouldn't it not be a true hyper coaster?

Not necessarily - the structure of Apollo's Chariot tops out at 170ft but the ravine it dives into gives it a 210 foot drop so it's considered a hyper. Alternatively, Goliath at SFOG is 200 ft tall but only has a 170ft drop and it's still considered a hyper. So, I think the fact that the structure reaches 201ft absolutely makes it a hyper. Also, it may go underground to make the drop 200ft +.

Everyone outside of coaster forums couldn't care less about whether the coaster is a B&M or an Intamin.

This

Yup. I cant imagine they'd even know. My friends certainly would have no idea what I'd mean by intamin & B&M

Just a crazy idea in my head, but wasn't there a rumor about a park in Orlando looking to get a Chance Morgan Hyper GT-X model coaster(like Lighting Run at Kentucky Kingdom) I think that would be awesome if this is what Sea World Orlando was going for in a 200ft Hyper-Coaster that goes 75 mph+ and Hyper GT-X is an airtime machine!!!

Just a crazy idea in my head, but wasn't there a rumor about a park in Orlando looking to get a Chance Morgan Hyper GT-X model coaster(like Lighting Run at Kentucky Kingdom) I think that would be awesome if this is what Sea World Orlando was going for in a 200ft Hyper-Coaster that goes 75 mph+ and Hyper GT-X is an airtime machine!!!

As cool as that would be, I'm almost 200% sure this will be a B&M. They're GP-friendly, reliable, impressive-looking, and they do have some nice floater airtime.

Just a few things. I was at Sea world yesterday i had a great day. First things first the Customer i Enjoyed Kraken it is a great floor less the best that i have been on. Some shakes in the front but not anything that took away from the ride. Manta i loved it, being my first B&M Flyer that i have been on. The Pretzel loop really packs lots of G's great ride. A new Roller Coaster will really draw in new people to the park. New with that said Wild Arctic it ride technology is really cool, But the ride its self is really dumb, and super short if i waited more then the 15 20 minutes that i did i would not be happy. Feel like it should be in 3d with a better storie and could really be something to talk about.

Turtle trex was a cool way to show the a 3d movie, it is worth seeing when your at the Park I really likes all the shows and the new sea lion high was really well done. Now for a few questions Do they no longer use Tilikum in shows or anything at all?

Do you guys count Journey to Atlantis as a coaster i thought i was going to but the coaster part is really short so now I'm not sure.?

Whats going on with Dolphin Cover it was closed when i was there and it looks like the pools were drained.?

Do they no longer use Tilikum in shows or anything at all?

He is still in the show. They may rotate and not use in every show however.

Do you guys count Journey to Atlantis as a coaster i thought i was going to but the coaster part is really short so now I'm not sure.?

If it's listed on RCDB as a coaster I count it as one. Others may not, but we are all free to use our own judgement. (I wonder how many folks are counting those Larson Loops as coasters....anyway)

Whats going on with Dolphin Cover it was closed when i was there and it looks like the pools were drained.?

They are scrubbing/cleaning the bottom of the tank last I was informed.

^They still use Tilikum in shows. The whole Blackfish story is super blown up. They've always had special safety precautions around him. Plus, they (unfortunately) banned being in the water with the whales after the accident, so the shows are "safer" in general. He's the most majestic whale at any of the Seaworld parks and he's super fun to watch.

Journey to Atlantis is a Mack water coaster and is therefore a credit, even if the "coaster" part is a little short. The takeaway is that there is a coaster part, and in my opinion the technology is pretty cool.

Love the rumor for many reasons (Joel Mamby likes Ride Centerline, Lower Height Requirement, Better than a B&M, etc.) but I'm not going to hold my breath.

Honestly I would love for this to be a Chance Morgan Hyper but I doubt it, but Lightning Run looks incredibly fun though! I'm hoping for anything but a B&M(unless it's a launch which would be awesome!) They announced that on May 27th they'll be sharing more details on the coaster.

The only issue I see with this is that Lightning Run is far from a people-eater. It takes quite a while to get the train checked and out of the station, and riders with larger shapes are super-stapled or refused a ride.

If they can get around that somehow, then that would be an amazing coaster!

I'm really hoping for an Intamin Hyper of some kind, especially because BGT has got two very superb Intamin attractions. but let's be honest, no one will care who makes it as long as it's a good ride

Something in the vein of Expedition GeForce