TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

SeaWorld Orlando (SWO) Discussion Thread

P. 276: Penguin Trek construction update!

People seem to be thinking that this means that SeaWorld will eventually buyout Herschend. I don't think it's going to happen, but that would be interesting.

Just a possibility. Herschend grew under Manby, he'll want to grow SEAS so no one park or asset exposes the company. Diversification! Herschends are old and Second Gen in the business. Third Gens are usually a disaster business wise. A healthy price could fund foundations and causes for decades without risks for the family. Most of Herschends succesful growth happened under his watch.

• 4 weeks later...

in my opinion, i think that people who claim that Seaworld doesn't treat their animals fairly have never actually seen Seaworld's animal habitats. they are very well designed for the specific animals, and they seem to be well-fed and have no signs of abuse. i guess people just don't like animals being in captivity, despite the fact that it keeps them from being killed by other, not so nice people.

So My trip to sea world is about 3 weeks away. First how busy to you guys thinks Monday the May 11th will be. Also Si there a best way to attack the park. I want to get there right at 9? Thanks

You should be fine. Local schools are still in session. I went on a Saturday during spring break and the only thing that had a line was Antarctica: Empire of the Penguin (45min). Everything else was showing a 30 minute wait or less, but was more like half that or walk on (in the morning at least). The new Clyde and Seamore show is open so be sure to check that out. That may be the busiest show since it's newer so just be sure to show up 15-30 minutes before showtime depending on how busy the park is to get a good seat. Otherwise I usually just go clockwise around the park starting with Manta. The show times are listed on the park's website so you can match that up with the park map to see about when you want to be where without too much backtracking.

There's a rumor flying around some Orlando forums about SeaWorld Orlando's next coaster. A few people are claiming a B&M Hyper or even Giga will be built back behind the Shark Encounter and near Kraken. They are saying little theming, mostly coaster. Layout was described as Fury 325 with less curves and more airtime hills.

Personally, I think this would be a great move for SeaWorld. It would take some focus away from Blackfish and the Orcas and remind people that SeaWorld is a theme park! I'd certainly pay a return visit if this was built!

I've heard a few plans for Seaworld, none of them involving a hyper-coaster.

If anything, what the park really could use is another indoor family ride/area/aquarium. When it rains, you can do Turtle Trek, WIld Arctic, maybe do Antarctica (always a 40 minute queue or more, and 80 percent outdoors), Shark Encounter, Manta aquarium (maybe the stingray or dolphin viewing for 5-10 minutes), or try to eat at a sitdown restaurant. That's a limited number of options when compared to other Orlando parks, and includes none of the coasters and none of the shows. They could probably make something out of the Nautilus Theater, the old brewhouse (Garden Terrace), or the old Clydesdale building.

I've heard a few plans for Seaworld, none of them involving a hyper-coaster.

If anything, what the park really could use is another indoor family ride/area/aquarium. When it rains, you can do Turtle Trek, WIld Arctic, maybe do Antarctica (always a 40 minute queue or more, and 80 percent outdoors), Shark Encounter, Manta aquarium (maybe the stingray or dolphin viewing for 5-10 minutes), or try to eat at a sitdown restaurant. That's a limited number of options when compared to other Orlando parks, and includes none of the coasters and none of the shows. They could probably make something out of the Nautilus Theater, the old brewhouse (Garden Terrace), or the old Clydesdale building.

They should get a really fun indoor trackless ride, they are lacking one of those

Looks like they confirmed the new coaster this morning at a sales meeting. Coming in 2016. More details will be announced in May.

I feel like this is exactly what the park needs. Get the focus back on their attractions with a new world-class coaster, and a unique offering to the Central Florida market. Now the real question is if they'll stick with B&M or go with Intamin for this project. Either way, exciting times ahead!

Edited by NickC

SeaWorld Orlando has sent us a press release regarding their 2016 coaster project...

Something is stirring beneath the surface at SeaWorld Orlando, preparing to rise from the ocean depths and soar to thrilling new heights. Get ready for the frenzy of SeaWorld’s new 200-foot-tall coaster. In 2016, this thriller will take its place atop the food chain as Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest coaster. More details on the new addition will surface in late-May. SeaWorld is a one-of-a-kind theme park with a variety of attractions including awe-inspiring animal encounters, thrilling rides and spectacular shows. Follow #nothingfaster as the frenzy starts.

@SeaWorld: New 2016 coaster at SeaWorld to be Orlando’s tallest, fastest, longest. #NothingFaster

http://www.iloveseaworld.com/breaking-news-seaworld-orlando-announces-giant-coaster/

BREAKING NEWS: SEAWORLD ORLANDO ANNOUNCES GIANT COASTER

Stop the presses! SeaWorld Orlando has announced that a new giant mega coaster is coming to SeaWorld Orlando!

SeaWorld Orlando which is already known for it’s two amazing world class coasters Kraken and Manta is returning to it’s thrill roots with the announcement that they will be building a giant 200 ft tall coaster that will be the TALLEST, FASTEST, LONGEST and FIERCEST rollercoaster in Orlando!

This will be simply incredible! With all the amazing changes that have been happening at SeaWorld and with the announcement of Blue World, it is clear that SeaWorld Orlando is dedicated to bringing world class entertainment to Orlando that not only educates but also thrills!

We can’t wait to share with you all the exciting construction, and watching this amazing new project progress at SeaWorld Orlando!

Keep in mind this coaster will not hold those records permanently as the Skycraper at Skyplex will be the tallest, fastest coaster in Orlando when it is completed.

image.jpg.9ce8a430dcfad9f8589e7c39665266c0.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.bd1b562592b8bb30085c7d8c2d71060d.jpg

Edited by jedimaster1227

This is exactly what the park needs.

They probably don't have the money to go at Disney and Universal in the highly themed, interactive ride space right now and they don't have the IP's anyway. For a fraction of the money they can build something like this which will be easily visible from the highway and advertising "The Tallest and Fastest Coaster in Orlando... 200 feet tall, 70+ MPH" will probably get them a lot of attention.

I love this idea and I'll absolutely be making a trip to ride it when it opens.

This is exactly what the park needs.

They probably don't have the money to go at Disney and Universal in the highly themed, interactive ride space right now and they don't have the IP's anyway. For a fraction of the money they can build something like this which will be easily visible from the highway and advertising "The Tallest and Fastest Coaster in Orlando... 200 feet tall, 70+ MPH" will probably get them a lot of attention.

I love this idea and I'll absolutely be making a trip to ride it when it opens.

Also Seaworld always does a great job with themeing their coasters. Maybe they'll make an interactive queue line with an animal exhibit just like what they did with Manta.

Okay so I have a few things I'd like to say about this:

- This is awesome

- I would have to think this is going to be a B&M

- Im thinking of a name along the lines of Barracuda

- I wonder what this means for BGT in 2016

Yeah? I think I could see a Mack coaster. We'll see!

Okay so I have a few things I'd like to say about this:

- This is awesome

- I would have to think this is going to be a B&M

- Im thinking of a name along the lines of Barracuda

- I wonder what this means for BGT in 2016

Yeah? I think I could see a Mack coaster. We'll see!

I would like to see a Mack hyper in the U.S. That would be pretty cool.

What is with this "they don't have money" bit. Are they Underperforming? Yes! But they are not broke and about to fold. Blackstone owns a significant chunk of stock still. It and it's Merlin holdings are performing well on the markets. SEAS itself was at 5 bucks off it's bottom before today. With solid new leadership the willingness to spend(Blue Ocean, Falcon's Fury, new coasters for both BGs, ect) maybe they get the right marketing to take advantage of the capital expenditures. If one would have created a basket of theme park stocks(six flags, Blackstone, Cedar, Merlin) around four years ago and invested in them, they would be happy happy happy as they all have performed well. SEAS can be no different. If someone would have bought them while they at the bottom a few months back they'd have tremendous profit potential.

I see this as a shark themed coaster and I figure the theming will become more elaborate as they focus on updating the shark habitat post ride. I think the ride itself is just to create buzz at the moment .