TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Carowinds Discussion Thread

P. 403 - Park opening for a limited Holiday Event!

I was expecting the park hours to change with the curfew in place and thankfully it's not too much of a change. Tomorrow it appears they're still open until midnight, at least for the time being. Thankful to have this thread to check for updates instead of dealing with wading thru social media.

Texascoasterdude - thats a heck of a long drive! Safe travels to you guys.

I was expecting the park hours to change with the curfew in place and thankfully it's not too much of a change. Tomorrow it appears they're still open until midnight, at least for the time being.

My guess is that they're just waiting to see when they lift the curfew. If it's lifted tomorrow they'll probably close at 12. If not they'll probably close at 11. Last night was evidently relatively peaceful so if that happens again tonight they might lift it.

The park was completely dead tonight but they beefed up security. Lots of extra guards roaming around and police out front with two detection dogs. One was a young shepherd in training who was very distracted but was doing a better job of crowd control than the friendlu older lab out front haha. Big thumbs up to Fury's crew who were hauling as usual. Due to Charlotte's midnight curfew and the park closing at 11pm, the ride lines were shut off promptly at 10:30pm. We were on the 2nd to last Fury train of the night and by 10:45 when we exited the park was an absolute ghost town.

I have spent too much time with Six Flags passes and even though I read and reread CF's pass page, I did not read between the lines or check out the fine print. I was under the incorrect understanding that buying 2017 platinum passes enabled us entry for the rest of 2016. WRONG! Dropping $200+ pp does almost nothing, it turns out. If you are a new passholder nothing starts until 2017, including parking. You do get 1 ticket for entry either daytime or during Scarowinds but they are 2 separate events and anything other than that you better pony up. Major thanks to Mary and Charlotte at the season pass center for their extreme patience with helping me get it worked out! They were really great.

Hopefully tomorrow has low lines as well. It'll be a hot one!

Zach we were there Friday and Saturday so I can confirm the closing schedule is back to normal. Friday they closed at 11pm due to Charlotte's curfew which meant ride lines closed promptly at 10:30pm and by 11 the place was an absolute ghost down.

Saturday they were back to their normal midnight closing. They had an extraordinary amount of security roaming the park inside and out both days which was nice. Saw some k9 handlers with gorgeous shepherds (whoever is supplying the k9 teams with dogs down there is doing an excellent job) and I appreciated that they searched people significantly more thoroughly while entering. Saturday night when we went back for Scarowinds they had me dump out my water in a bucket as I was allowed to take the bottle inside but suddenly no liquids were allowed. Fine by me.

The park was empty Friday PM however that was the curfew night. Saturday daytime it was packed with people but lines were no longer than 35 minutes for anything during the day and that wait was for the flyers. Ride lines were outrageous for Saturday Scarowinds and we got Fast Lane Plus which was a lifesaver. Lines for Fury were 2-3 hours all night long and we waltzed right on that over and over again as well as bypassed I-232's 90-120 min line. Turns out I-232 is a really good time in the front row!! The mine train is hilarious and we rode that several times as well. Have a great time and report back!

I'm hoping I can get some immediate advice. I live in Atlanta and I have one evening in Charlotte tonight before I have a flight tomorrow morning. What is the cheapest option to get a Scarowinds ticket for tonight. Online is $40 but it includes admission for a Sunday which I won't use. It's just me going so any advice would be appreciated.

I'm hoping I can get some immediate advice. I live in Atlanta and I have one evening in Charlotte tonight before I have a flight tomorrow morning. What is the cheapest option to get a Scarowinds ticket for tonight. Online is $40 but it includes admission for a Sunday which I won't use. It's just me going so any advice would be appreciated.

^That is the least expensive ticket option for tonight, save for the Season Pass Bring-A-Friend ticket.

If you were considering getting a Cedar Fair platinum pass in 2017, you could purchase that tonight at the lowest rate of the year and use your free 2016 visit for SCarowinds.

Regular SCarowinds Admission is $55, so even if you do not use the Sunday Daytime ticket it is still a great value!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

When I was there for SCarowinds a couple weeks ago when they were having the riots the place was an absolute ghost town. Makes sense for them to close tonight whether the weather slams them or not as the storms will certainly impact who may, and in this case may not, attend. Prozach did you get down there yet? I forget what weekend you are/were going.

I'm glad I traveled there last weekend. It was only terribly busy Saturday night, there was a reminder of what was going on around the country with bomb dogs around the entrance. My group went Friday night and all day Saturday, we had an absolute blast! I couldn't believe how dead it was during the day Saturday! We rode Fury over dozen times I believe, I never waited more than one train to get on...I was completely stunned at the lack of people in the park.

The only bad part of the trip really was that driving from Texas meant I had 2 routes available. Driving the southern part of the country up through Atlanta, or taking a longer route across Tennessee. Alabama and Mississippi was the most boring drive ever! Georgia...including a side stop at SFoG was just awful! I'm driving the extra hour next year!

Prozach did you get down there yet? I forget what weekend you are/were going.

Two weeks away. We'll be at Scarowinds on Friday night, 10-21. Then, we'll be at the park all day on Saturday before returning again for SCarowinds. With the riots and now the hurricane I'm not totally optimistic about the visit. However, provided there are no more disasters in the area, I secured myself an 8 hour OT gig at work tomorrow so we can buy our FP+ passes guilt free for both nights. I would imagine the remaining good weekend will be packed. I'm sure we'll wait for a few haunts, but a return trip for Fury the main purpose of the trip. I have to get Emily on this thing, since I went with a friend earlier in the year.