TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Worst Coaster Experience

First ride ever on I305. Front row in the morning. As we went up the lift, it started pouring. Bad. Felt like needles. Couldn't feel my face for another 1.5 hours. Oh, the 20 odd other people on the train during East coast bash know what I'm talking about.

owh that was you wearing a green shirt at that time, riding in the pouring rain and still holding up the arms??

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd say Battlestar Galactica : Cylon , the first time i went it was alright , then the second it gotten worst .. The third it was raining and it ran in the rain so i sat and it was painful and the million needles on my face thing .. the fourth i thought '' Maybe it should be fun! 5 minutes wait! '' So it was the WORST. Human side was 86% smoother

The Beast, August 2007, mid-morning ride back row - the section after the second lift-hill heading to the shed. It was so rough I thought my insides were going to burst. I can cop a rough coaster, but I really thought I was going to be injured on that particular ride.

Dishonourable mentions: Ghostrider also gave me some please make it stop rides in 2007 and 2009. Hurler at Carowinds in 2009 and Wildcat at Compounce in 2008 also gave me soul crushing, death-rides.

Similiar experience to the i305 guy; Millennium Force in torrential rain in 2005 (before they started shutting almost every ride in the rain), ouch, I became pinhead from Hellrasier and my spray jacket was covered in little bugs after 12 laps (why 12 laps? there was no line).

Edited by downunder

First ride ever on I305. Front row in the morning. As we went up the lift, it started pouring. Bad. Felt like needles. Couldn't feel my face for another 1.5 hours. Oh, the 20 odd other people on the train during East coast bash know what I'm talking about.

owh that was you wearing a green shirt at that time, riding in the pouring rain and still holding up the arms??

Yea, that was me in the front row with Ross. At the end, I thought I could handle it, but at the end, I started to cover my face.

dsc_0541_0.jpg

There's me with all my wristbands from the week. Good times.

Yesterday at WCB, I went on X2 and I met a guy who ride with me. I was on the inside seat (im also really light). And the ride was kinda bumpy. He told me it's because the Heavier person was on the outside. Later, at 11:30 PM I went to X2 and ran into him, so we rode again butthis time I was on the outside. It started raining kinda hard, and when traveling up the lift, we were facing straight up with rain hitting our eyes and face! When we got off the lift, the ride sped up and the RSI felt like needles hitting my face! Then to top it all off the ride was 1000x worse then last time! It was terrible!

Sidewinder @ HersheyPark last summer. I came off that thing with the worst headache. The cobra roll was fine...it was the loop that got me on the way back.

Time before that was the Coney Island Cyclone. First drop smashed my shin into the side of the restraint. Definitely the most painful ride I have ever been on.

Well... I almost fell out of TEH BIG DIAPER cause my seatbelt decided to come undone going up the chain lift, I struggled to get it back in before the drop, which was no easy task! It would have been easier had I been riding with a partner, but noo! This is why I will donate no money to save TEH BIG DIPPR!!

^ The first time I rode that ride I did not understand what happened. My sister and I laughed our asses off for the rest of the ride, and I'll never forget that ride because of that. I don't get why that made the ride so bad, I would like to see you elaborate...I think that part was awesome, yet Runaway Mountain at SFoT does the OMFG to you in the dark.

My worst coaster experience was the Texas Giant at SFoT 3.5 years ago in August 2007. The first time I rode it that day it was absolutely horrible, yet for some reason I rode it again in the back seat. At the bottom of the first hill it was so rough that I couldn't see straight, and somewhere in the magic carpet section I hurt my back...so my second ride that trip was easily the worst experience I've had on a coaster.

My Top 3:

3) Colossos (Heide Park, Germany): I balanced my body forwards on the drop, and the positive G forces pushed my stomach against the lap bar, resulting in my back being crushed mercilessly. Pain lasted about 3 days.

2) Stampida (Port Aventura, Spain): Bruises in my legs, headache, dizziness... Need more reasons?

1) The Ultimate (Lightwater Valley, England): I was having lots of expectatives. The POV in youtube showed me a smoooooth, intense and funny ride. This day I was suffering migraine, but I thought that the ride was going to be smooth. Haahhaaahahaha... The ride was ROUGH AS HELL, and my brain tried to leave my cranium during 7 eternal minutes. It didn't reach its goal, but obligated me to rest in the bar the rest of the day. Some bruises appeared later in my legs, too.

• 2 years later...

I'd have to say my one and only ride on SOB back in 07' or earlier (I think that's when it was, at least it was before the loop was removed) was the worst of all - I've had very few coaster rides where I wish I could have stopped the ride and gotten off, but this was one of them. After the first couple of drops and the loop I felt like someone was jumping up and down on my head and jamming my neck vertebra down into my spine - needless to say, once I got off I had a pounding headache for at least an hour and my neck hurt for at least that long.

Mine was this past April. I was visiting SFMM, snagging some long-missing credits and was about to get in line for Tatsu, seeing it only had a 10-minute wait...turns out it had 'extended delays' and wasn't going to open for a while. Looking for short waits, I checked Revolution, which was at 45 minutes all day...dropped down to 15 minutes. Little did I know what this ride was going to do to me. Coming down the initial drop naturally I put my hands up. A little shakey at the bottom but was ok...next sweeping dive is when all hell broke loose and Anton let out his wrath...(perhaps he doesn't like OTSR's on his coasters) and yea... to the extreme. The restraint design itself is horrible and just happened to line right up with my ears...not like an Arrow coaster where the restraints don't even make contact with my head.

Finally up to the loop, it was a nice little breather until after the loop. The final helix is what really did it, what I call the final blow. It sucked. I came off with a throbbing headache and still had a few more hours to go in the park. I may try it again during WCB but that's a very slight possibility...as in only if I have time to ride it. I got the credit so I have no reason to beat myself up again.

lengthy Revolution rant>

Mine was this past April. I was visiting SFMM, snagging some long-missing credits and was about to get in line for Tatsu, seeing it only had a 10-minute wait...turns out it had 'extended delays' and wasn't going to open for a while. Looking for short waits, I checked Revolution, which was at 45 minutes all day...dropped down to 15 minutes. Little did I know what this ride was going to do to me. Coming down the initial drop naturally I put my hands up. A little shakey at the bottom but was ok...next sweeping dive is when all hell broke loose and Anton let out his wrath...(perhaps he doesn't like OTSR's on his coasters) and yea... to the extreme. The restraint design itself is horrible and just happened to line right up with my ears...not like an Arrow coaster where the restraints don't even make contact with my head.

Finally up to the loop, it was a nice little breather until after the loop. The final helix is what really did it, what I call the final blow. It sucked. I came off with a throbbing headache and still had a few more hours to go in the park. I may try it again during WCB but that's a very slight possibility...as in only if I have time to ride it. I got the credit so I have no reason to beat myself up again.

lengthy Revolution rant>

It's too bad you had this bad Revolution experience. I just hold on very tightly on Revolution and I get no headbanging.

^Honestly, I tried everything...from holding head forward to firmly resting it against head rest, to just going with the flow...I even went as far as sticking my hands over the ears (hear no evil position) only to find my hand were smashed and was almost impossible to cushion the blows. Part of it may have to do with my height that my ears lined right up with the harnesses. Taller riders (6 ft+) may have a better experience.

^Honestly, I tried everything...from holding head forward to firmly resting it against head rest, to just going with the flow...I even went as far as sticking my hands over the ears (hear no evil position) only to find my hand were smashed and was almost impossible to cushion the blows. Part of it may have to do with my height that my ears lined right up with the harnesses. Taller riders (6 ft+) may have a better experience.
I tried many things including the hands over the ears as well and also just got my hands smashed no matter what I did..the last time I rode it I think I finally found a way that works. When I put my hands between the OTSR and your jaw/neck instead of your head, it stopped my head from even moving back and forth and smashing my ears or hands.

I realize that the fact that we have to invent a way to ride painlessly is ridiculous, especially on this coaster where those OTSR's are totally useless.