TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Nürburgring launched coaster

• Replies 703
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What speed is this actually launching at? The video doesn't look all that fast.

According to RCDB it's 99.4 mph which now puts it at the 6th fastest coaster. Far from the original idea of having it be the worlds fastest.

Edited by Zem

Well the TÜV has cleared ride for a launch of 105 mph in 2 seconds, now the final clearance has to be given by the local authority. And German civil servants are not known to work fast...

I will stand corrected if this will open this year...

According to RCDB it's 99.4 mph which now puts it at the 6th fastest coaster. Far from the original idea of having it be the worlds fastest.

Which is is... 105 mph or 99.4 mph?

Well the TÜV has cleared ride for a launch of 105 mph in 2 seconds, now the final clearance has to be given by the local authority. And German civil servants are not known to work fast...

I will stand corrected if this will open this year...

Which is is... 105 mph or 99.4 mph?

I'd trust RCDB but if it is 105 then that would put it at the 5th fastest coaster then.

Hi,

Does anyone knows anything regarding the dates that they are operating the ride for the next couple of weeks (assuming it's still working for the next couple of weeks).

It's only a 2,5 hour drive but when it's closed when we arrive........it will be a sad 2,5 hours drive back.

Thanks,

Paul

I rode the Ring°Racer today.

The launch packs a lot. The rest of the layout is "okay". The brake after the launch slowed the train immense down.

The ride is rough, but not that much.

I liked it, because of the very intense launch.

That's pretty much what I expected from this ride: nice forceful launch, brakes to kill the pace and a not so special layout.

Would have been a lot better if the ride had opened in the planned date with the original record breaking top speed. Still, not bad.

Glad to see this is finally opening, I can't help but feel it might be a bit f a let down though. I guess I'll have to wait until I ride but a multi-year wait for a coaster that has already had its trump card "trumped" is going to be difficult to ignore!

^Just because the debate as to which would open first is over doesn't mean that the debate over which will close first is over...

I'm sure the oddsmakers in Vegas are mulling this over.