TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Movies, Movies, Movies.....

robbalvey

I saw Hostel last Friday when it opened...It's great to finally see an American horror movie that isn't afraid of graphic violence, as this one gives you more than one cringe-worthy moment. It's not as intense as the ads make it out to be, most of the time anyway, but being a starved horror fan, I'll take it!

I just saw King Kong.

IT WAS AWESOME!!!

If you haven't seen it drop what you are doing right now and run (or drive, which ever is easier) to the nearest movie theater that's showing this movie. I think it was well worth the price of admission.

I just saw King Kong.

IT WAS AWESOME!!!

If you haven't seen it drop what you are doing right now and run (or drive, which ever is easier) to the nearest movie theater that's showing this movie. I think it was well worth the price of admission.

eeeeeek 3 hours!

Lord of War- A really great movie...some great camera work and well written. Of course, Nicolas Cage carried this movie. Jared Leto and especially Ethan Hawke give great supporting performances. Too bad the DVD is special feature-less, because this movie was interesting enough for me to want to watch some. But alas, there is hardly anything (unless they come out with a special edition). A solid 4 star movie for me.

I saw The Ringer earlier tonight. I expected it to be better, but it was still pretty good. I yawned through some parts of it, but a few select scenes had me about to DIE with laughter. I would recommend seeing this movie at the matinee price, or waiting until video.

What is it about?

What is it about?

In the beginning of the movie, a guy (Johnny Knoxville) has a mundane office job that he doesn't like, so he asks his boss for some more responsibility. The boss agrees, by telling him to fire the janitor. When he is about to fire him, he gets some guilt, and offers him a job cutting the grass at his apartment complex. The guy takes the job, but one day when he is cutting the grass, he gets his fingers cut off by the lawn mower. He does not have medical insurance and the surgery costs $28,000. Scott feels bad, so long story short, he acts mentally challenged and enters the Special Olympics to win $100,000 and to have the janitor's fingers sewn back on.

Lord of War- A really great movie...some great camera work and well written. Of course, Nicolas Cage carried this movie. Jared Leto and especially Ethan Hawke give great supporting performances. Too bad the DVD is special feature-less, because this movie was interesting enough for me to want to watch some. But alas, there is hardly anything (unless they come out with a special edition). A solid 4 star movie for me.

There is also a 2-Disc edition out as well.

I saw Brokeback Mountain a few days ago and I'm still pretty shaken up over it. It was such a sad movie that made me leave with a sort of empty feeling, I've never been so sad or moved by a movie before. The acting was so good that it really just made the movie that much harder to handle, it felt like the people were real. I'm so glad I went to see it, but I don't think I could handle seeing it again for a long while.

10/10

I also just saw the movie Brokeback Mountain. What an amazing film! Just the cinematography alone is worth the price of admission. Ang Lee does an amazing job. One of the main themes of the movie is what is not said. The looks and expressions on the actors faces says more than words could ever describe. All the actors are fantastic. Michelle Williams has come a long way since Dawson's Creek! The score is haunting, just a string of a guitar here and there. Not to many movies stay on my mind days after seeing it, the only one I can think of recently was The House Of Sand And Fog (another powerful movie). If you have an open mind and truley enjoy great cinema then check out Brokeback Mountain. This will definitively be added to my favorite Ang Lee films along with The Ice Storm and Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon.

10/10

-eric

Rock School

Not to be confused with Jack Black's School of Rock, this documentry takes a look into the teachings of a psycho former-rocker. He screams and swears at his students (ages 9-17) and yet, some of them are better players than people four times their age. (One particular 12-year old comes to mind.) I loved this movie because I love documentries and I'm taking guitar lessons myself. 9/10.

I saw King Kong a couple weeks ago with a friend. It was good except it was sorta long

I know what you mean. I liked Kong, but there was no freakin' reason in the world for it to run three hours plus. For me, the original flick still rules.