TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The official NFL Discussion Thread

spaceace12

^But can you really say the man is going to have another let down season like he did last year with the jets? Remember now, the Jets were one of the hottest teams in football til the Broncos beat them at home, and then they declined from there, but until that point they were playing a very high level of ball. Now think about this. The vikings are pretty much set at every position, except for quarterback. Throw Favre into the picture and all of the sudden the AFC North looks like a pretty good division. Between Favres general success at passing, Petersons ridiculously good running game and the excellence of the de(for the most part), Vikings could contend.

I also like how the AFC North is now Cutler, Rodgers and Favre, should make for a good year.

I think though that the most intimidating comment and action made so far this season is McNabb saying that him and Vick could line up together on a play. Between Vicks running and McNabbs size, the wildcat formation could be a deadly weapon in Philly.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

^NFC. I knew that. My bad, just get use to saying the AFC West and I guess it is all the same haha.

I didn't see the video, only read the article but could it really be that far fetched? I doubt anyone thought that Miami would bring back that play after so long. Or was it so long, I don't know, I think it is a fairly old play though.

^ Sorry but that really makes me laugh. Favre is over rated IMO. Last season the Chargers played the Jets in Monday Night Football, and the Chargers got about six interceptions off him. Not to mention the Chargers destroyed the Jets. I really don't know if Favre the best.

^ Which is why I added "if he does well". We don't know what kind of Brett Favre we'll get. Will we get the Green Bay Favre where he was a legend, or will we get the New York Favre where he wasn't that great? I'm excited for this season, with this much talent, who knows what will happen. I'm actually happy this saga of some sorts is almost over.

^ Sorry but that really makes me laugh. Favre is over rated IMO. Last season the Chargers played the Jets in Monday Night Football, and the Chargers got about six interceptions off him. Not to mention the Chargers destroyed the Jets. I really don't know if Favre the best.

As I Jets fan, I say thank god Brett is gone. All is forgiven from last season though, we have got ourselves a QB of the future.

Last season the Chargers played the Jets in Monday Night Football, and the Chargers got about six interceptions off him.

While he was with the Jets it looked like he just threw it up and hoped someone caught the ball.

Andrew "If you retire, STAY RETIRED!" Iorio

The only reason I am happy about this is that I can potentially get to see him play live, if he starts/isn't hurt, when they come to Cleveland to play the Browns.

But other then a chance to see the "greatest QB who ever played until he decided to cry wolf about retirement every year then he fell off my list of likable people," I want him gone!

You know what guys, when your are doing something you love and you are good at it, then why not keep doing it?

Sure he keeps saying he is retired, but a ton of athletes do that and that doesnt change your mind about them does it? Michael Jordan for example.

I'm not like a die hard Brett fan, but cut the guy some slack. As long as he is having fun with what he is doing then what does it really matter?

^ I've got no problem with him continuing to do what he loves as long as his health allows him to. What I, and most everybody has a problem with is him jerking people around. Same applied for Jordan. Either retire, or don't. Flip flopping is disrespectful to the people paying your salary, and trying to plan for an upcoming season.

Yeah it looks like Arsenal is going to have a good season!

Oh wait, wrong football.

It'd be a miracle for the Cardinals to pull off what they did last year, but as the only team near me for most of my life, had to root for them and they got my hopes up.

On the college front. Hook 'em!

• 2 weeks later...