TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

They had these fancy red lights shining on the wheels in the station. Once on the track, the coaster hauled arse, ignoring the cold weather. Must have the snow tires on?

The "fancy red lights" are wheel heaters which explains why it's hauling ass. I'd like to think this is a good sign for the ride operating at Winterfest but it's Cedar Fair so... lol.

The "fancy red lights" are wheel heaters which explains why it's hauling A$$

I did wonder because last week did seem seriously quick!, especially compared to when I went on it in the summer.

I'd expect nothing less from a Canadian theme park

Which means you should expect every ride to be open in winterfest in the cold weather with all the Canadians walking around shirtless complaining that the weather is too warm and that it was always "colder back in the day".

They had these fancy red lights shining on the wheels in the station. Once on the track, the coaster hauled arse, ignoring the cold weather. Must have the snow tires on?

The "fancy red lights" are wheel heaters which explains why it's hauling A$$. I'd like to think this is a good sign for the ride operating at Winterfest but it's Cedar Fair so... lol.

My "SARCASM" sign was in the shop.

Edited by Doppel Looping

^Could somebody please clean this mess up?

I mean, doesn't anybody PREVIEW what they post, any more? Or at all?

I'm not sure why it posts like it did. I did a test quote of that messed up post and when I previewed it, it showed correctly. Here's the screenshot. I didn't change anything.

crazy.JPG.33b2bf8dc277de71a57239461ccf7fd8.JPG

Rides don’t run in rain? Since when?

I mean... some don’t, but most do. I don’t really get your point. Anyone complaining that a park decided to close when it’s in the 30’s and snowing just likes to complain.

Edited by coasterbill

^The people who bitch on social media are usually idiots.

I can't even count how many times the weather forecast has been terrible to where the entire St. Louis Metro area shuts down, including events, work, government offices, etc. Then, we don't get one snow flake. I think the park made the right move to wait it out and then they're still opening up for The Haunt.

Shit happens when you're going to any outdoor event and people need to be prepared for closures due to weather and try to plan around it as best as possible. Sporting events aren't canceled for inclimate weather until up to the minute and people travel great distances to attend those. Common sense says if the forecast for the area sucks, I'm not going to wake up early and drive distances to go to the park.

Went to wonderland for the last time this year. It was cool and wet but there were a few die hards who came out. They had many rides closed, probably expecting low attendance. Despite that it was a good day to go. I did not have to wait for anything. Nobody seemed bothered by the weather, they just dressed for it and went about their day like nothing happened. Pro tip: use the washroom in the mountain, as it is heated!

It was nice to see the fall colours in the park, you realize there are a lot of trees. Winterfest will be weird with all of the leaves you take for granted gone.

The placement of yukon stryker is ideal for being able to see it all over the park, it will be nice to see trains on it. They have part of the immelmann up so far, and have almost finished the walkways at the top of the lift hill. It will be a cold place to work soon, but i guess they wanted to wait until splash works closed to start so they could block the area off and not have to worry about pedestrians.

Leviathan had it's trains in the shed with water dummies in the front rows. It started cycling as i was leaving.

I finished off the season with 3 back to back rides on Behemoth and said goodby for a few months.

IMG_4709.thumb.jpg.c69ece163342ed2bc1254f40a3897441.jpg

New skyline from parking lot with yukon lift hill below windseeker

IMG_4713.thumb.jpg.8cc2a466154f783f9e1b59eebf92afaf.jpg

fall descends on wonder mountain

IMG_4714.thumb.jpg.c8419bc4f99ad90910958211b4b7d0f3.jpg

spot the new lift hill from the plaza

IMG_4715.thumb.jpg.e7268144d91d1286f34aae35f0dbe4a4.jpg

Haunt has left it's laundry out.

IMG_4717.thumb.jpg.8ccf6ae663846864f2734e2d8955bd96.jpg

Dragon Fyre train rests in siding collecting a bit of snow.

IMG_4719.thumb.jpg.4c376e19ab41dc1f9c2b0339d36565c0.jpg

Leviatahan closed with all trains in shed as ride ops huddle for warmth.

IMG_4720.thumb.jpg.0a56881dcfebe94042bb1a681a06c967.jpg

You don't get pay people to go in a coffin when they will do it for free.

IMG_4722.thumb.jpg.0d5d5df154b6085008aa28fc720a5e88.jpg

Wild beast taking a rest this morning.

IMG_4726.thumb.jpg.cb79e83b08d6c311ca2e5a397f650d9f.jpg

the fly

IMG_4727.thumb.jpg.0c479bae6109ff99a72975dc440e56e1.jpg

Klockwerks doing it's thing.

IMG_4728.thumb.jpg.3f976401abf5c6848b45ce214cf14ac1.jpg

Vortex frames yukon drop. You can see snow on the track.

IMG_4730.thumb.jpg.a351a65c347f79b572be355be6b8159f.jpg

nice view of partially completed immelmann from vortex platform

IMG_4732.thumb.jpg.8444bd76eaa4c91dda24c3b0e49a8e86.jpg

Boring timbers was open but the ride op said they needed 10 people to run a cycle and needed 9 more.

IMG_4734.thumb.jpg.6c7adc3df891b44a9b07901eb96cdf7a.jpg

Goodby wonderland 2018. it's been a slice.

I went to Wonderland on Sunday Oct. 29th. The park was dead. The ride attendants insisted we keep staying on the rides and keep the fun going.

We got in at 10am. No rides seemed to be running until about 10:20am. We were able to go on all the major rides but Leviathan which wasn't running. We hit the Wonderland Store where everything was 50% off. We were out of the park just before 12.

The wooden coasters did nor run. Infact, they didn't even test them while I was there. I could see the track covered in snow not touched from the previous snowfall. Top Gun ahem... Flight Deck was only running one train. Time Warp wasn't running either.

I went to Wonderland on Sunday Oct. 29th. The park was dead. The ride attendants insisted we keep staying on the rides and keep the fun going.

We got in at 10am. No rides seemed to be running until about 10:20am. We were able to go on all the major rides but Leviathan which wasn't running. We hit the Wonderland Store where everything was 50% off. We were out of the park just before 12.

The wooden coasters did nor run. Infact, they didn't even test them while I was there. I could see the track covered in snow not touched from the previous snowfall. Top Gun ahem... Flight Deck was only running one train. Time Warp wasn't running either.

This does not bode well for a meaningful ride selection for winterfest.

For what it is worth, there were plenty of rides open for the amount of people in the park when i was there. I don't think i waited more than a ride cycle on anything. The ride ops moved quickly even though it was not busy.

I have been to a lot of parks and Wonderland is among the best for ride operations and cleanliness. The food is unacceptably bad, but the rides are great.