TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Canada's Wonderland Discussion Thread

I went on US Memorial Day weekend and found Skyhawk as hard to flip as the TMNT ride at Mall of America. Did I just have bad technique, or was the anti-flipping mechanism in place by then?

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

While not completely related to the operation of Canada's Wonderland, the park was used in a completely different way earlier this week to keep a tradition alive due to current COVID-19 restrictions i

Go to CW site.  Click to buy something like a season pass.  You'll see it in the popup transaction window.  Under 2021 Season Pass -> 2021 Add Ons.  

Can confirm, CF doesn't care which park you go to first with your paper voucher for a Platinum Pass.  You'll get your photo taken and be issued a card that has whatever park you go to first on the bac

Posted Images

I went on US Memorial Day weekend and found Skyhawk as hard to flip as the TMNT ride at Mall of America. Did I just have bad technique, or was the anti-flipping mechanism in place by then?

I last rode it June 29th and was able to get into a sustained flip. Sadly the ops no longer count the rotations and the screen recorded flips was busted so I have no way of knowing how close to a personal best it was.

Based solely on dizziness I think I did pretty well.

That's horrible news about Skyhawk... 80% of the riders couldn't flip it to begin with...

Yes, it is quite horrible. The ride experience was ruined for those who could flip. Maybe they will revert the modifications eventually. But that probably is not likely, unfortunately. At least I enjoyed it for the past two years in its true glory.

As a casual observer of this thread, I kind of feel like I've stepped into an episode of Hey Arnold!, where PATTYCAKES is Helga, and CedarFair1 is Arnold.

*shrugs*

You know there's totally a CedarFair1 shrine, too.

Unique teasing campaign has started with pretty much confirmation from the park on Twitter!

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=QRx7A7QxYE4

Link is broken, dood.

I last rode it June 29th and was able to get into a sustained flip. Sadly the ops no longer count the rotations and the screen recorded flips was busted so I have no way of knowing how close to a personal best it was.

I had a similar experience end of june. There was a decent wind and i flipped more than i ever have. I counted over 50 flips. When i went to check the screen it was blank. I asked the ride op and they said it was 47.

I dont know if the screen is off to avoid encouraging people to flip more or if it is just not working. I dont know if the reduced flipping is for safety or overprecautious insurance reasons. Either way i an dissapointed.

^Don't worry, this pretty much sums up the entire vid:

Woah! Thanks for posting. Really enjoying what all the Cedar Fair parks have been doing to tease their new attractions in the recent years.

As a casual observer of this thread, I kind of feel like I've stepped into an episode of Hey Arnold!, where PATTYCAKES is Helga, and CedarFair1 is Arnold.

*shrugs*

You know there's totally a CedarFair1 shrine, too.

Unique teasing campaign has started with pretty much confirmation from the park on Twitter!

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=QRx7A7QxYE4

Link is broken, dood.

I had a similar experience end of june. There was a decent wind and i flipped more than i ever have. I counted over 50 flips. When i went to check the screen it was blank. I asked the ride op and they said it was 47.

I dont know if the screen is off to avoid encouraging people to flip more or if it is just not working. I dont know if the reduced flipping is for safety or overprecautious insurance reasons. Either way i an dissapointed.

Not that I know anything about this issue but I know there’s a person who flips like mad and when the ride ends they have to wait easily 3-5 minutes for his specific seat to stop flipping so that they can safely lower the ride down to its final position. My understanding is this person does this whenever he rides the attraction and it then means that he dramatically decreases the rides capacity whenever he rides it. Ride Ops seem to be annoyed, guests on the ride seem to be annoyed, guests in line are certianly annoyed and it appears the only people enjoying it are the rider himself, and maybe a passer-by or two whom isn’t waiting to get on or off of the attraction. If I had to take a wild guess I’d say that this person that does not let go of the wings until he stops flipping could be a reason that they modified the ride to allow users to flip less. If that is the case it sucks that one guy ruined it for everyone else but it wouldn’t surprise me all too much at the same time. Just my two cents

I went on skyhawk tonight and did not notice anything different about the wings. It was not very windy and i sat on the inside row but the ride op said i got 22 flips over the pa. The screen was scrambled with some pics but not complete. Not my best effort but ok.

The ride seemed to go straight up without rotating longer than i remembered and it stopped rotating at the end before coming down all the way. Not totally sure it is different than before.

Usually when it is coming down there is a brake or cam that slows the rotation.

Not sure the above story makes sense to me. Maybe 10 or 20 seconds of extra rotation as it comes down but 3-5 min does not fit with my experiences.

I went on skyhawk tonight and did not notice anything different about the wings. It was not very windy and i sat on the inside row but the ride op said i got 22 flips over the pa. The screen was scrambled with some pics but not complete. Not my best effort but ok.

The ride seemed to go straight up without rotating longer than i remembered and it stopped rotating at the end before coming down all the way. Not totally sure it is different than before.

Not sure the above story makes sense to me. Maybe 10 or 20 seconds of extra rotation as it comes down but 3-5 min does not fit with my experiences.

Maybe it is possible that they did not fix the wings on all the seats yet, such as the ones on the inside row as I never take those. But, it was quite noticeable for me that the wings were reduced on the outside row in how much they can pivot since the last time I had rode it back in June as I was always able to flip until I rode it again on Wednesday. Others I know that I had met at the park that day had noticed this difference too. I hope this modification is reversed.

The coaster is either going to be 291.75 Feet tall, or the drop will be 291.75 feet. 3215 feet will be the length, the height/drop will 3501 inches. i.e. 291.75 feet. 3501 / 12 = 291.75.

First post, simply because I'm reasonably confident I'm right, and if I am I want a cookie. Preferably chocolate chip.

Untitled.png.83590160ca3b7756735b384281b1f457.png

My guess is that the ride will have 137 midcourse brake runs, setting the record for most midcourse brake runs in Canada and second most in the world after Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit.

First post, simply because I'm reasonably confident I'm right, and if I am I want a cookie. Preferably chocolate chip.

gtfo

My guess is that the ride will have 137 midcourse brake runs, setting the record for most midcourse brake runs in Canada and second most in the world after Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit.

What do you think MCBR means?

Might Crash, Broken Rails!

My Cat Barfed Rankness

Missus, Continue Being Rude!

Maybe Canadian Bacon Rocks

Many Coasters Brain Rot

Moses Cant Be Real

Mostly Crappy Butt Rides

Miami Citizens Bite Randomly

Medical Center Broken Car

Messiah Cheeto Bonkers, Really

I wish I could find the video - but there is one circulating the interwebs that shows what I’m referring to with that 3-5 minute comment. Of course it’s probably far from exact but it was certainly longer than 10-20 seconds. The guy easily got 20-30 more rotations while the ride was holding for him to stop spinning, both in the video and when I caught him in person back in late June

My Cat Barfed Rankness

Many Coasters Brain Rot

Moses Cant Be Real

Mostly Crappy Butt Rides

I like Mostly Crappy Butt Rides . . .HA!

I wish I could find the video - but there is one circulating the interwebs that shows what I’m referring to with that 3-5 minute comment. Of course it’s probably far from exact but it was certainly longer than 10-20 seconds. The guy easily got 20-30 more rotations while the ride was holding for him to stop spinning, both in the video and when I caught him in person back in late June

Skip to 50 seconds.

My Cat Barfed Rankness

Many Coasters Brain Rot

Moses Cant Be Real

Mostly Crappy Butt Rides