TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR MidWest USA 2007" Trip Thread!

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great updates Robb, enjoying checking them every morning .

I can't believe the amount of people on this one around 100, and I thought it would be crazy enough with the amount that were on the Mini-Europe Trip, looks like everyone is having a great time.

So....how's KR compared to Troy?

I can't speak for the others, but as far as GCI's go, I liked Troy slightly better than Kentucky Rumbler.

But, IMO, Ozark Wildcat blows them both away, and Thunderhead is a distant 4th.

JJ

I hate to say it, but I think like Jeff! I think the Ozark Wildcat is the best GCI I've put my butt on. I haven't been on Kentucky Rumbler or Rampage yet, though. The Ozark Wildcat edges over Thunderhead because OZ gives a lot more airtime.

I think all wooden coasters should have seats like GCI coasters. It's like sitting in your own sofa!

While I don't have the exact numbers offhand. I would say that about 35% of the group come from outside the USA. The countries we have represented are Canada, UK, Scotland, Netherlands, Italy, Israel, Germany, and um....I'm sure there's more.....

It's quite a good mix!

--Robb

Sweden too...

This is Gmoney's wife...

sounds like everyone is having a great time- i check in every day or 2- to see if i can get a glimpse of my husband since he's having so much fun that he hardly checks in.... wow, another week of this! what endurance! Thanks for the updates! oh, and if he asks... the babies and I are doing fine and actually going to six flags great adventure tomorrow!

Hi! This is Tex's Mom (Are you all really calling him TEX???)

I hope Charlie is behaving himself and you are all drinking plenty of water. Robb and Elissa, thanks for the updates, and the pictures. I enjoy the ones with that guy and his tour of statues and of course any pictures that Charlie is in!

Have fun!

I have to stick my nose in this GCI debate.. (though I have not been on Renegade or Thunderbird yet..)

Thunderhead is by far the best.

Rumbler/Troy are neck and neck for second, though I would probably give the nod to Rumbler.

Ozark while fun is missing something.. the ending is terrific, but the beginning is kind of blah.

Hi Freddie!

Our bonus park for today - Little Amerricka!

We were treated to a sneak preview of their new woodie - Meteor. Plus a Toboggan coaster, mouse, and a kiddie.

Later in the day we had a fun evening at Mt Olympus. Unfortunatelly, our evening ERT was cancelled due to a big thunderstorm in the area.

--Luko

toboggan.jpg.48d2cf625a6f754351064a083097b082.jpg

The toboggan coaster.

meteor.jpg.ba521466e8c252ab38f8d80bb2e80a63.jpg

The new woodie at Little Amerricka opening this Wednesday.

mtolymp-rain.jpg.71ab490170f3bada3b55f7f66563c6db.jpg

Our first rained out evening - Mt. Olympus.

How about seeing some other faces in these pictures. It is the same 10 people in every one. There are 90 other people there-walk around with the camera! Getting sick of seeing the same people with their legs up-hugging in mascots and eating. Who else is there????

I'm here on this trip with my friends too. Have I not posted group photos? Have I not posted train loads of TPR members during ERT? I'm not your personal photographer you know..

Why don't YOU post some photos of you and your group? Have you donated any of your photos?

Remember that these updates are "mini-updates" where I am mostly posting from the photos. I took because sorting through the thousands of photos I am getting from the other participants would add so much time that I don't have. When I do the massive update I will include more of these photos that have been donated.

I am working 18+ hours a day right now on this trip (its 12:30 right now) to make sure the trip is awesome for you, but if it will make you happy I'll come by and snap a couple of pictures of you and your group so you can have your 10 seconds of TPR fame.

--Robb "Shit like this makes me not want to do future trips." Alvey

^ I Don't you just love people who have no respect for others, I mean you don't have to post all the updates when your on the trip, It's your vacation to I think you do a great job with all the updates and TR's thank you Robb.

That suck's about your ERT at Mt. Olympus got rained out I hope tomorrow is better for you. What time are you going to be at Six Flags Great America on Wednesday morning or night, i going to stop buy and see you guys. See you at SFGAM.

Robb "poo-poo like this makes me not want to do future trips." Alvey

NOOOOOO!!!!

All you whiners, shut up or keep the whining to yourself. Some people actually are saving up money for future trips!::points to self::

You all look like your having so much fun. Lucky rich people!!!!

Nicely put!

As always Robb great TR.

Robb, I look forward to reading your updates every day. Great job. I am sure that very few people realize the work that goes into these trips. I am looking forward to finding everyone at CP on Friday, and KI on Sunday. I assume you will be going after the Maverick credit first thing on Thursday morning, I am sure that you will find it a most excellent ride.

People –

I need to climb on my soapbox for a moment, please.

These mini trip reports that Robb puts together are awesome! They give those of us who are unable to attrend a chance to get a taste of what’s it like to be there. From the rides in the parks to the shenagigans in and out of the parks – it’s all here. Checking this post daily gives me a break from the boring and mundane that is my work day.

So please, please, please. Do not anger the Robb by asking stupid questions. I’ve a noticed a very disturbing tread in this mini trip report and the Spain mini trip report. There are two types of Robb posts – he’s either posting a quick recap w/ pics, or responding to someone’s repeated requests for more updates, more pictures, what’s the schedule, or something else that upsets him. He’s working harder right now than anyone reading these posts!

If Robb were to stop these mini updates, my life would be in ruins. I would actually have to stop reading these forums, and (please don’t make me say it) do some useful work. I for one do not want that to happen.

Thank you Robb for all of these reports. I for one don’t want more updates, don’t want to see more pictures of other people, and don’t want to know where you’ll be and when. I just want more happy Robb posts and less angry Robb posts, please.

I will now get off my soapbox so the trip report may continue. If you wish to bash me with my soapbox, please feel free. But please don’t bash Robb.

We now return you (hopefully) to this mini trip report already in progress…..

John "Robb's Annoyance Level Is Orange And Rising" Hambone

Robb: Nicely put. But you know I still liked the other version that I saw last night.

Not For Sale: Um, how are you gonna complain and you're on the trip yourself? If you want to "mix it up" on this thread, post the pics you have! Different people will have different perspectives on this trip, so show what's going on with you. I know what I'm doing is a bit different than what everyone else is doing... like people were playing Elissa bingo and I'm on a statue credit hunt!

Better yet, why are you even worrying about it? Just have fun on the trip! I know I am! You are living what Robb is posting!!!! Sheesh! You can't please everyone; but to be honest, you're being a bit ridiculous.

Anyway, I'm down in the lobby doing a quick post before I have to finish packing and get ready for the morning ERT... even though I see more rain coming down! But at least I see breaks in the clouds so hopefully it will die down before then.

Luckily I rode every coaster yesterday and still had time to wander around and get drinks! I mentioned to Robb that if you (meaning the others on the trip) just get coasters in and not look around the parks, something is wrong with you! There are interesting things at every turn if you take the time to look. I even rode the Apollo's Swing and had a blast! Today we'll get the coaster at Riverview in and I can do some go-cart riding! (maybe even a re-ride on the coasters here) Mt Olympus is a fun place!

Terry

Luckily I rode every coaster yesterday and still had time to wander around and get drinks! I mentioned to Robb that if you (meaning the others on the trip) just get coasters in and not look around the parks, something is wrong with you! There are interesting things at every turn if you take the time to look. I even rode the Apollo's Swing and had a blast! Today we'll get the coaster at Riverview in and I can do some go-cart riding! (maybe even a re-ride on the coasters here) Mt Olympus is a fun place!

I hope you don't miss Avalanche @ Timber Falls. That's easily the best thing going in the Dells.

There always seems to be that one person that loves to see themselves on the trip reports and can't have enough exposure time. Every trip seems to have some idiot like that.

Remember that meathead from the Spain Trip that kept posting "We want more Little Larry pics!", and he was on the trip too!!

The nerve!

Peace, Big Mike

^Yes, the utter anguish in the poor lad's face! He is trapped in the icy grip of despair!

Or his corn dog is coming back on him. The two looks are quite similar.