TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Official "TPR MidWest USA 2007" Trip Thread!

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^Euroburg got caught with its pants down a few years ago when a big thunderstorm blew in over the James River. Lightning struck a tree next to the Loch Ness Monster; the tree toppled into a train full of people rounding the bend before the first lifthill, ripping a big gash in most of the cars. Fortunately, no one was seriously hurt.

Since then they've been more careful.

Seeing how pretty much EVERY trip I've taken to Cedar Point with Robb and Elissa in the past has resulted in at least one day of total washout due to storms, I wouldn't be surprised if the reason they had 2 days at this park was predominantly because of situations like this. Tomorrow's weather looks much better for riding stuff, and while I'm sure everyone is anxious to ride everything there, maybe some R&R is more than welcomed by a few participants. It looks like the storms may be ending soon though, which could mean some nice lighter crowds for the Midwest trippers to enjoy the park more.

I for one enjoy the updates and hope they keep coming and that the whiners complain amongst themselves.

Sad to hear about the bad weather at CP and the rain you had in the Dells and some at SFGAM.

I did see the group at SFGAM and it was nice of Elissa to say hi before the park opened when she saw me standing in line with my TPR shirt. I rode RB once but by then the group had moved on and I nver got to meet Rob or Elissa more, maybe better luck next time!!

^^I'm not so sure about that based on the content of the phone calls I've had today. Either way, it's a bummer. Hopefully it'll stay clear long enough for them to keep the rides open long enough for folks to ride or even get a second train on the track.

^^ Trust me, I hope they get on some rides too. I mean some of these people flew on a plane for 20 hours to go there.

With a little luck, the storm should pass and they will get to enjoy the park with very light crowds. I have never known Cedar Point to just "close up shop" because of rain. Although I have seen some other parks do just that.

Wow, you really had a rough time weather wise, but at least it sounds like you are having a lot of fun. I'm confused at the way you took since I thought you would go to SFSTL and Branson, but you suddenly went to the dells.(although riding coasters in 100* heat doesn't sound fun) Oh well, maybe those are another trip, have fun the rest of the trip.

Well our group's second attempt at the park ended better than the first... we got on ONE WHOLE RIDE in seven hours! I think I need another beer! I see it clearing up again, but I'll wait until the evening to try again.

I'm working on my first TPR... my statue credit hunt! I'm using my cellphone as a modem so it may take a while to post.

Terry "still managed to find credits in the rain" Weaver

What a shame that the weather is crappy.

For you weather nay-sayers, I can tell you.... About 5 years ago, we took the girls and went up to CP on a Sunday afternoon for a Monday/Tuesday visit. On early Sunday evening, a storm blew in and off of that lake it was a SPECTACULAR and very scary sight. I am certain that the combination of all those metal structures combined with a body of water like Lake Erie, they are extra cautious!

Hopefully the weather will clear and they can get some rides in tonight!

Shari

^Well... lightning is one thing, any reasonable person understands that. But there is none...

I live on the west side of Cleveland (near Lakewood) and I can tell you we have been getting rain and lightning storms all day every around 1:30 when this quote above was posted- seeing as we are only a bit east of Sandusky I can definately say that there is lightning "in the area." And yes the storms here move VERY quickly!

Wow, you really had a rough time weather wise, but at least it sounds like you are having a lot of fun. I'm confused at the way you took since I thought you would go to SFSTL and Branson, but you suddenly went to the dells.(although riding coasters in 100* heat doesn't sound fun) Oh well, maybe those are another trip, have fun the rest of the trip.

You do realize they had an itenary posted for this, that has been on the site for quite awhile and they are not just randomly going to parks.

Wait wait wait....Theme park review is at cedar Point TODAY??? I thought for sure it would be in a few days. Oh well, I'm going into the park right now. I'll be working at the mean streak photo booth tomorrow morning from open til 3 pm so stop by and say hi to a fellow tpr reader...