TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't remember where I heard it, but I caught a listen somewhere that Valleyfair would get a B&M invert in either 09 or 10. Sad that they can still sell the inverts, but not a single stand up has moved since 99!

The rumored plan for VF is that for 09 the flume will be removed for a wavepool. So maybe in 10 there could be a B&M in the form of either an invert or a floorless. I like the flume myself, but barely anyone have been riding it every time I go. The last time I rode the flume there was no people in line. However a wavepool would be nice

I believe it's Diving Machine track. KI's track is much darker with a smaller spine. I remember seeing an aerial picture a week or so ago showing that the DM track is still sitting at the factory, there's just more of it now. I can't remember where I saw it, though. We also established a few months back that it was Diving Machine track because of the label, which had "DM" on it. My guess is that it's for SFGAm or SFGAdv. Even if it isn't going in until 2010, Diving Machine's are fairly massive coasters, so track appearing this early doesn't surprise me.

EDIT: Found the album. Credit goes to Kings Island Central.

http://www.kicentral.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=249

In that picture, you can see how much lighter the color is, and how much larger the DM track is compared to Kings Island's hyper track sitting right next to it. There are also supports that are of a different color than KI's, indicating that this is for a completely different coaster.

^^ I'd bet that will be going to SFGAdv based on how much room they have for expansion now that Chiller and FreeFall are gone and the Old Country section of the park closed down.

Silverwood will be getting a B&M standup. In 2010. Just a crazy rumor i heard from the friend of the cousin of the guy who works at the dip-n-dots stand.

I really think that dive machine track could go to SFGADV. They have opened up a big area by closing off the Old Country. Also, it would balance out the park with another major coaster on that side of the park.

^As for the Silverwood stand up, that sounds awesome. I would not expect it though as there have been no stand ups built by B&M in many years.

SFGADV does not need a big coaster, and either Shapiro or the general manager of SFGAM said Deja vu's and Splash Water Fall's spot would be replaced with one attraction. Plus, SFGADV got two large coasters in 2005 and 2006, and SFGAM hasn't built a large coaster since 2003. Of course, Six Flags might build clones at both parks, and then again, there is always Mirabilandia.

As for KI's coaster, it now doesn't seem like it will be related to Beast. I'm guessing that the crate is just because of the relation to the parks two largest coasters.

I believe it's Diving Machine track. KI's track is much darker with a smaller spine. I remember seeing an aerial picture a week or so ago showing that the DM track is still sitting at the factory, there's just more of it now. I can't remember where I saw it, though. We also established a few months back that it was Diving Machine track because of the label, which had "DM" on it. My guess is that it's for SFGAm or SFGAdv. Even if it isn't going in until 2010, Diving Machine's are fairly massive coasters, so track appearing this early doesn't surprise me.

EDIT: Found the album. Credit goes to Kings Island Central.

http://www.kicentral.com/photos/thumbnails.php?album=249

In that picture, you can see how much lighter the color is, and how much larger the DM track is compared to Kings Island's hyper track sitting right next to it. There are also supports that are of a different color than KI's, indicating that this is for a completely different coaster.

I can pretty much assure you that SFI will NOT be spending major amounts of cap ex $$ on ANY B&M's,let alone something as expensive as a dive machine model.

^^Well I believe SFGADV does make the most profit out of any Six Flags park in the chain. They have the highest attendance so if any park deserves a new coaster they do. If they can get even more people in by building a new coaster I could see them building one.

Hey all

many of you will of read the rumors on Toverland's up and coming B&M invert. weather or not its true or not is yet to be reliably proved. However there are a few tidbits around. The most interesting so far is this image supposedly found at the park

Source: Screamscape

Now is it me or is it (as a friend pointed out to me) that this layout resembles Batman but is not quite the same. The angle of the loops and zero-g compared to the lift hill is larger than on the standard clone. and consequently the finale looks further away and more compact.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Six+Flags+over+Georgia&ie=UTF8&t=k&ll=33.769781,-84.546326&spn=0.00161,0.003428&z=19

i use the SFoG image above to show what i mean. the post loop helix is nestled right up to the station on this model.

Now the question is, does this prove the toverland image is a fake or that the ride has been modified to fit in with landscaping/other rides at the park?

Cheers

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I heard that CP is going to steal all the thunder from HW with the world's tallest water ride, 'White Water Terror'. It's gonna be 175 feet tall and drop at a 54.5 degree angle at a speed of 58 MPH. Of course, it will be in Frontiertown...and will be an Intamin Hybrid Aquatrax.

I heard from the Ferris Wheel Operator at Dorney Park that they are getting an Intamin Woodie, he must have been a transfer from the lemon chill stand.

If that ever happened I would be the happiest person in the world. I don't see that happening but I hope it does. The only way I see it happening is if they realise how good El Toro is and if they feel Voodoo (an Intamin) did well for them.

I just heard from an employee from Heritage Square here in Colorado that the park will close down within the next five years. Not just the amusement park, or the alpine slides - but everything. Decline in public interest is the reason for the closure.

The alpine slides are the main attraction here and I'm sure many of us Coloradans will be sad when it goes.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if Elitch's goes under within the next few years too. Ever since Six Flags dropped them, they have been struggling to remain open due to lost business to other nearby parks such as Lakeside and Waterworld. Their newest attractions in the past few years have been in the water park, and considering Elitch's is just down the road from the world famous Waterworld on the north end of Denver which has expanded recently and is America's largest water park. Water park expansion is not the way to draw in crowds. Flying Coaster is closed down for the season, but still no word on where that is going. The coaster isn't that good anyways. As for the rest of the coasters - they are all clones except for Twister II which is a remake of the former and from what those who rode the original say - this new one is terrible. The park is in need of a good new coaster to draw in people, but they just don't have the room to expand.

Hey all

many of you will of read the rumors on Toverland's up and coming B&M invert. weather or not its true or not is yet to be reliably proved. However there are a few tidbits around. The most interesting so far is this image supposedly found at the park

Source: Screamscape

Now is it me or is it (as a friend pointed out to me) that this layout resembles Batman but is not quite the same. The angle of the loops and zero-g compared to the lift hill is larger than on the standard clone. and consequently the finale looks further away and more compact.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Six+Flags+over+Georgia&ie=UTF8&t=k&ll=33.769781,-84.546326&spn=0.00161,0.003428&z=19

i use the SFoG image above to show what i mean. the post loop helix is nestled right up to the station on this model.

Now the question is, does this prove the toverland image is a fake or that the ride has been modified to fit in with landscaping/other rides at the park?

Cheers

Dave

Heres a POV of an exact replica.

Its called The Great White.