TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

The Rumor / Crazy Idea Superthread

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SFMM fanboys post the most ridiculous things. Honestly SFMM already has a ton of coasters. If Six Flags is smart and wants to make money they will be improving their other parks to increase their attendance. That's why they are adding X Flight to SFGAm and S:UF to SFDK. Your going to see major coasters going to other parks besides SFMM and SFGAd. Also keep in mind the Six Flags has never been big on building Intamin coasters compared to B&Ms. Also they are real tight in cash and aren't going to spend $25mil on one park. That's exactly what Cedar Fair has been doing the lat few years and the best business decision. I know its the crazy idea thread but at least use some logic.

On the topic of aquatrax I have always wished that more of those where built.

One of the reasons why SFI ended up filing for bankruptcy a few years ago was because they WERE spending too much money on their big 4 parks & not enough on the others in the chain in the years between 2002 & 2011 & as a result attendance at those parks(cough SFA cough) had dropped in recent years...no new rides for years on end= no new,and fewer repeat customers.

One of their reasons for doing this was free advertising in the form of those discovery channel shows but now that they are no longer producing them there's no longer a real national marketing incentive for the parks to invest in such large rides any more.

^^ SFOT the original park, not one of the flagship parks.

^ Actually all the SF parks got capital investments around 1998-2004. Buying out all those parks and giving huge coasters to all those parks in the late-90s/early 00s put the chain in the hole. Sure attendance went up around that time, but when you're investing millions of dollars into every one of your parks, attendance is gonna shoot up regardless.

Does that supposed agreement that Busch had with B&M about building Dive Machines in the US include the smaller models like G5, Oblivion, and more recently Krake?

I would really like a few more of these stateside, as they are fantastic rides.

I think Busch had exclusivity in the US for only 5 years.

I've been thinking a lot about Legoland and it's future lately.

There's been that suspended coaster tumor flying around for a few years now, but instead of building another Vekoma Jr. Suspended, I think Legoland should build an S&S Free Fly. With some impressive marketing, and a layout that appeals to not only kids but also adults, I think it could be a huge hit for Legoland.

The unique design of it, along with some promotion of it being "first in the US" or "Only one in the US" would really attract people. And seeing as their layouts aren't large footprint wise or height wise, I really think they could get one to work, especially if they themed the cars to Airplanes and re-used the Flight School name.

• 1 month later...
The Spanish press seem to be spreading rumours and speculating that Parque Warner in Madrid may soon be about to close down >> http://www.tumbit.com/news/articles/5050-madrids-parque-warner-rumoured-to-close.html

From here in Spain i have to say that the rumor is false!. The fact is that the train that connected the city center with the park is going to close due to the high cost and the low use of the line when the parks closed. The park is nowadays in a very good situation. Is not going to close soon.

^It sure would be nice if they'd at least put in the tunnels they'd originally planned to. I think it's a shame when parks don't deliver on their theming "promises." I understand that budget-wise, it must work out better for some parks or they wouldn't make that choice, and the important thing is that people ride the rides. But it's still a disappointment.

I got some crazy idea for Darien Lake and I'm going to list them

. Add a mist effect for Viper's tunnel with green strobe lights in it

. Add a splashdwon section on Ride of Steel on the part that go over Elk Lake

. Clean and reopen Floogate Falls and put a tunnel over it

. Add a tunnel to The Predator

. Remove the boat in Adventure Isle and put Brain Teaser and Dodge 'Ems (kiddie bumper cars) in there

/\ I only understood like two words of that.

By the way, do you have a source to this rumor, if not, where did you hear it from? I have never heard anything like that.

I just started a majority of that rumor,but on Screamscrape,it said that there was possibility of a wood coaster in the 50's Area.That was a old rumor though.Also sorry if you couldn't understand it,as far as I know I spelled all the words right.

A Crazy Idea (Even though it's probably already been said."

-A Financially-successful park could work with a company like Moser or Intamin to bring back a modern version of the Kick-Boodie.

As awesome as this would be, it's incredibly unlikely. America LOVES lawsuits, and this would probably draw in tons of them.

I have a crazy idea.

Paint Ninja at SFOG pink for breast cancer awareness. Then, tear down the ride to symbolize the destruction of breast cancer. After that, bring in a new coaster.

See, Ninja gets destroyed, and we get a better ride.

It's pretty much a SLC layout but on regular track.

Looks like we'll have to start a "The Mysterious Green B&M" thread! If not Cedar Point, isn't X-Flight rumored to get cloned for other Six Flags parks? Or it could very well be another Hair-Raiser-obscure-location-made-well-in-advance ride.