TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Favorite first drop on a Steel Coaster

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me a CP Junkie, but they have some of the best drops I've ever been on.

1 - Millennium Force (CP) - Nothing Else like it

2 - Mantis (CP) - Worked the ride for the 2008 season, fell in love with it's drop (Airtime while standing!). This is the most underrated ride in the park (as far as I'm concerned).

3 - Behemoth (CW) - Back Seat will eject you and you will be out of your seat all the way to the bottom!

4 - Maverick (CP) - Back seat again for this one, comparable to Fahrenheit's but I like it better.

5 - Mr. Freeze (SFSt.L) - Yep I know it doesn't have a first drop, but once you finish going up the spike and are released is such a sweet feeling. Love free falling!

Behemoth, Millennium Force, and SheiKra are the only coasters to really scare the S$@* out of me on the first drop.

I think Behemoth takes the cake. At night, front row. What Natalie and Brooke called "The Seat of God". The ejector time on that second hill too. HOLY COW!

As far as woodies go: Ravine Flyer II has a BEAUTIFUL view, Michigan's Adventure's Shivering Timbers is great. I also loved Great America's American Eagle. But best drop on a woodie: El Toro!

One other drop to throw out is Expedition Everest has a really unique drop. Not extremely thrilling, but pretty awesome!

All right, It's time for my favorite drops on a steel coaster.

1) Dominator at Kings Dominion - SWEET!!!

2) The Ricochet at Kings Dominion -

"A Mad Mouse coaster? You gotta be MAD!!!"

Still, this coaster is a steel coaster and it's one of the few Mad Mouse coasters out there that begins with a fifty-foot drop before you reach the series of hairpin turns.

3) Millennium Force at Cedar Point - 300 feet down and plenty of time to scream.

And finally, any old Boomerang coaster: sit in the back seat and enjoy the sweet air time as the train is released.