TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

With the popularity of Maverick I'm surprised we haven't seen similar installations in other CF parks. Then again there is the whole rumored Intamin "beef". I liked Sheikra at BGT and am not opposed to a Dive coaster, or any new addition...but one can dream about a Mega-lite, sort of Millennium/Maverick love child. I think it would be very appreciated at the point.

^ I tried Mean Streak once last week while at the park. In row 2 and it still sucked!

RMC RMC RMC!... yeah, I know, it's been said a squillion times before. But seriously.

There are several Cedar Fair wooden coasters that could go for an RMC conversion...

I was at Cedar Point for the first time ever a month ago, and Mean Streak is definitely one of them. It was fun, but it hurt.

For me, I live in Kansas, so I frequent Worlds of Fun up in Kansas City, MO. Timber Wolf is one that is also due for an RMC makeover, but for some reason Cedar Fair doesn't seem to want anything to do with them. Its quite frustrating, because New Texas Giant is downright awesome.

I must be the only person on the planet that hates Maverick. It is way too rough for me.

Was the last time you rode it with the new or old restraints? I haven't been to Cedar Point but I've heard that the new restraints can make a world of difference for the ride's quality.

^I think you might be. I love it. Best ride in the planet.

I fixed that for you

Its not rough, its smooth as glass. It just has extremely quick turns, and intense forces. That is what makes it easily one of the best rides around

I must be the only person on the planet that hates Maverick. It is way too rough for me.
Wow. I do not think I have ever heard of someone hating Maverick. However, each person is entitled to their own opinion! I am curious to know what your favorite ride is at Cedar Point!

Can someone tell me if there is something going on at CP that would make June 23 a bad day to go? I'm deciding whether or not to get Fast Lane. Seeing that it's a Tuesday I'm leaning towards against it, because $85 is a lot if there are no lines anywhere. Luckily I have a $10 ticket that makes me kind of want to get it, but even with that cheap of a price for ticketing I still am not sure if Fast Lane is worth it on a Tuesday in June.

I think you may be confusing rough with snappy. Maverick was one of the smoothest coasters I have ever ridden. No rattling, no shuffling. Snappy with ridiculously quick transitions yes, but it tracks smooth as butter.

It's all about your mindset. Maverick definitely throws you around quite a bit, but it's designed to. Anticipate the curves with your body and appreciate the fact that ride keeps you on your toes.

I used to hate Raptor until I realized it wasn't designed to be glass smooth and forceless like all the other B&M's I'd been on. I changed my expectations and now it's my new favorite invert.

I used to hate Raptor until I realized it wasn't designed to be glass smooth and forceless like all the other B&M's I'd been on. I changed my expectations and now it's my new favorite invert.

Preach. And that snap into the brake run is the best thing ever.

Preach. And that snap into the brake run is the best thing ever.

Ehhh I don't know about Raptor. The forces are great, but sometimes it has a bit too much of a whip. No matter how much I anticipate it, the cobra roll always bangs my head around. Maverick is a lot easier to handle if you're holding on to the restraints the whole time.

I love Raptor up until that snap into the brake run - it's just brutal, especially with those restraints - and this is coming from a person who ranks those rides other people think are rough (Maverick, Skyrush, Alpengeist) way above the rest. It just always struck me as poor engineering, especially compared to that damn awesome cobra roll.

Poorly engineered or not, I love the snap into the brakes. Its like one last "oh sh!t" moment of intensity.

I agree, It keeps you on your toes right until the end. The corkscrews at the end are my favorite part, though. Wish they would've put a couple of those on Banshee.

I got on Raptor this past weekend and, unlike last year, my ride was headbang free. But for some reason, the ride feels a bit boring to me. The first drop is awesome and the helix is fun, but the rest was a bit boring. I like both Rougarou and GateKeeer a lot better.

Also, during each of my 11 rides on MF during C4K ERT, I greyed out from the top of the first over bank all the way to the first airtime hill. It's definitely a weird experience.

I got on Raptor this past weekend and, unlike last year, my ride was headbang free. But for some reason, the ride feels a bit boring to me. The first drop is awesome and the helix is fun, but the rest was a bit boring. I like both Rougarou and GateKeeer a lot better.

Also, during each of my 11 rides on MF during C4K ERT, I greyed out from the top of the first over bank all the way to the first airtime hill. It's definitely a weird experience.

Yep, that's exactly what happened to me the first and only time I rode it. I'm a bit scared to ride it now for some reason even though I know it happens to a lot of people. G sensitivity is just incredibly discomforting. Intimidator 305 would probably kill me xD. Does anyone know if there's a way to combat G sensitivity? I've heard that staying hydrated and getting a good night's sleep really helps.

Just arrived at Cedar Point, several rides are currently closed due to the high winds (including Top Thrill Dragster ). So far all I've ridden is Wicked Twister, which was very fun.

The wall of coasters near the 2016 construction site has been updated through Iron Dragon.

image.thumb.jpg.1e60d7ed9423dce0c26a62e6e889583b.jpg

Just arrived at Cedar Point, several rides are currently closed due to the high winds (including Top Thrill Dragster ). So far all I've ridden is Wicked Twister, which was very fun.

The wall of coasters near the 2016 construction site has been updated through Iron Dragon.

Glad to see they are consistently adding to the sign! I'm really hoping that it will finish up with a coaster announcement!