TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

^^Must have found that somewhere else. I have been following this since the very beginning and that was definitely NOT one of his tweets.

I'm going to keep my predictions fairly realistic (they get more out of hand as they get down . But like the weather forecast, anything past Day Three is a Crap Shoot). It'll be a great next few years at the park as the 150th Anniversary Season is worked towards.

My official prediction(s) for 2015:

-Major Flat Ride Addition (Don't know what, but something of that sort)

OR

-Dark Ride Themed to the Old West (though, unless they really upped this, I feel this would be more of a family ride than a thrill ride. See WMG)

OR

-GCI Wooden Coaster (fairly cheap and can be built in a smaller time frame)

OR

-Another S&S 4D Free Spin with higher capacity (can also be built in a smaller time frame)

We already know that they are pumping lots of money into the Hotel Breakers renovation (which is extremely exciting). Last year's additions and changes were also great. I'm sure we'll see much more in the way of park improvements as well. We may also, as long as the behind the scenes work went well, see a coaster renamed King James. Whether it be temporarily or permanently, we'll soon see.

I'm excited no matter what is announced next season. Anything for a park is exciting to me because they always seem to be good moves, no matter what the general consensus is otherwise.

Whatever it is...High Noon to me screams out Frontier Trail/Frontiertown.

Edited by Coasterguy21
  • Replies 49.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Check out this amazing photo compliments of Dave Morgan!! 

I feel bad because this is all I post about lately but no... if a park has the ability to open and there's demand and they choose to stay closed then they're dumb. Period. Be creative and figure it ou

Did they happen to mention how heavy that train is?

Posted Images

Since it seems we're all posting what we WISH CP would build, I will add to that:

LOST Cedar Point (a la Lost Kennywood)

Featuring the return of Pirate Ride (the building is still there) and (in my dreams) Earthquake!

Some classic flats: Double Ferris Wheel, Tiki Twirl, Star Jets, Bayern Kurve, and of course Schwabinchen!

But in reality, I am good with the money going to infrastructure and improvements. While the GP would prefer a flashy new ride or mega coaster every year, the smart investment is on lodging and making the park as attractive as possible. Maintain the historical aspect while updating aging structures to appeal to a larger demographic.

Hotel improvements, sit down/floorless Mantis, and possibly a flat or two.

Mean Streak was extremely smooth this year when I rode it at CoasterMania. It just has such a boring layout, like every other Dinn coaster in existence.

Georgia Cyclone says hi...

I'm so glad Cedar Point had the live web cams this year. I've spent many an afternoon at the office wishing that was me on Millennium Force or Power Tower. Nice to see Skyhawk running both sides today, too!

^I do like the position of the webcams today. Looking straight down on Power Tower so you can see the ride operating=AWESOME!

Then of course the Millennium Force, Mantis, Iron Dragon, Frontiertown view. Digging it!

I still think that third webcam location may be for construction. That's off of Gemini looking back towards the woods/Millennium Island/Frontiertown. But who knows, it could just be a "third webcam" too

^Yes it could. But I was just going with his "maybe a thrill ride" line. We know it'll be a thrill ride that caters to teenagers.

Just remember, WindSeeker is a thrill ride too. I must say that I am afraid of heights and was scared crapless my first time on that ride. But after that I have come to appreciate the view from the top.

Does anyone know why CP isn't open next Friday? They were scheduled from 6-10 but now are closed due to private event. I was planning on going to CP Friday and Sunday and Kennywood Saturday. I looked last week and now they are not open.

^

I believe there is a private event. Don't know who is renting out though.

Edited by VF15
Does anyone know why CP isn't open next Friday? They were scheduled from 6-10 but now are closed due to private event. I was planning on going to CP Friday and Sunday and Kennywood Saturday. I looked last week and now they are not open.

Answered your own question haha.

Someone came along and bought out the park. Private events this kind of the year aren't unheard of.

REV3 Triathlon is Sunday, the 7th.

So are the rumors of the park having really small crowds the weekend (or this year's case, Sunday) after Labor Day true? I'm thinking about visiting on Sunday September 7th and I hope the stories are real!

^Generally. I haven't been to the park in September in a few years. Last year I was there on the last day of the operating season and the weather was horrible so the haunted houses had longer lines.

The last time I was there on a Sunday in Mid-September, the longest wait I had was Top Thrill Dragster at 30 minutes. Mantis, Magnum & Raptor were walk-ons. Millennium was at 5 minutes.

Hopefully it stays the same for you.

FOR 2015 Announcement: Update on the announcement coming tomorrow. Will just be a press release, no streaming:

(ANNOUNCEMENT STILL SET FOR TUESDAY. THIS WILL JUST BE AN UPDATE ON WHAT TO EXPECT ON TUESDAY) Edited by Coasterguy21

^No, I do believe its NOT a typo. There will simply be an update tomorrow, whether it be more teasers or more information about how the announcement will go down. I think it was pretty straightforward...

Announcement is Tuesday at Noon.

Here's my prediction:

1) Maverick and Dragster get a repaint.

2) Mantis gets Floor-less trains.

3) New inverting Flat ride (Fabbri Cataclysm?) is placed near Mantis and that general area gets a refresh.

Dragster was supposed to get a repaint last season. I'm not sure where it was, but someone asked him and he stated that was the plan. But, I guess they never went through with it.