TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

Ah but here's the thing, we get that...it's less not zero and ofc 45 mins is better than 2 hours. Problem is it seems that, at least thus far, they have kinda bungled how they've been doing it and the FL was not that much less than normal. THAT is a problem, like 45 mins vs 120 is clearly a huge difference and worth it, some are making it sound like that hasn't been the case though....but I do assume it's still early season bugs that will work itself out. Least I hope. 

Bc yeah bad news i305isdaddy but for SV it was deff more than 15-20 mins lol It's till Cedar Point, like I don't think people always seem to grasp that and like, ya gotta understand crowds are part of it. But if ya wanna go it is what it is. 

I know I am excited as hell esp that weather should be perfect. Since I'll be arriving tomm night gunna pop in the park (since I got the platinum pass :D ) I know rides have been closing early but maybe can grab some of the not big names. 

EDIT: Oh btw how do we get the actual fast pass? Can we just pick up at the gate/conveniently or do we need to go to some place? 

• Like 2

^Your best bet is to stay near the front. Like I said, MF's line was open till 8:05 Monday after SV closed at 7:20. Everything from MF to the front still seemed to be running well after 8.

1 hour ago, JJLehto said:

EDIT: Oh btw how do we get the actual fast pass? Can we just pick up at the gate/conveniently or do we need to go to some place? 

After they scan your pass for entry, there's a redemption center  to the left where you can pick up FL/meal plan/drink plan wristbands.

^ you can redeem at the redemption center to the left just inside the front entrance, you can redeem at the fast lane building just inside the main entrance on the right, you can redeem in the frontier town guest services tent, and while I know absolutely nothing about it, apparently one of the snoopy gift shops you can redeem your Voucher. Just what I've read elsewhere sorry I don't have more info on that one.

Thanks all! I'll grab it right before the park opens for full.

33 minutes ago, Zand said:

^Your best bet is to stay near the front. Like I said, MF's line was open till 8:05 Monday after SV closed at 7:20. Everything from MF to the front still seemed to be running well after 8.

Well this is why Im even more glad I (if possible) only go here for the event now...avoids all that, got ERT for both rides :) It relieves so much pressure off the day. ESP now that this whole shutting very early thing is going on (though god hope that is a temporary thing that will end next season)

52 minutes ago, Zand said:

That said, when I was there on Sunday, the grouper wouldn't let anyone else in the Millennium queue at 7:55, so your mileage may vary.

So it looks like weather in Sandusky is rainy/stormy but clearing out late afternoon...meanwhile looks to be rough all day near Pittsburgh. Wondering if it may be worth coming here early, like 5:00 using my pass and seeing if I can sneak a few rides in...perhaps rain will clear out the crowds?

I was going to sit this summer out for CP, but my kids want to go.  I know I am going to need a lot of patience for it no matter what, but does anyone have any thoughts or best times to go from here on out in the season?  Yea, I know..nobody can see into the future (especially under these conditions), but I thought I'd just reach out since many of you have way more experience at this than I do!   :)

The problem is that any day that would be expected to be super-dead means you now run the risk of them taking your money, not answering the phone and closing the park for staffing. I guess a healthy medium where they won’t close but won’t be 100% slammed is like a Wednesday in July.

38 minutes ago, tndank said:

Plus there is a parade in July!

Ooooooooooo. 😯

But - I honestly don't remember any past TRs mentioning parades at CP.* So, will this be something new for them? Or not?

* I'm old, so that's my excuse for forgetting.

Oof...Maverick not even testing yet. The best kid plans of mice and men...often get mucked up by Intamin lol edit: damn 945 and Maverick not open yet. Feel and for hotel guests who had basically their hour wasted. 

Does anyone happen to know what the ride policy is for medical boots.  I was at universal 3 weeks ago and could ride everything with a boot.  I  am thinking about cancelling my Cedar point trip since I just had surgery on my foot, and have moved to a boot from a cast. I see a lot of rides will not let you on in a cast but i am not seeing anything about a boot. Almost sounds like can do some rides.

@thepoint4life23Honestly your best bet for an answer on this is to call them.  The website says:

"Guests with casts and braces will be restricted from riding rides where the cast or brace will not fit inside the ride unit or where it will present a hazard to the guest or others. Guests with full arm (elbow restricted) and full leg (knee restricted) casts or braces are restricted from MOST rides at Cedar Point. Casts and braces of any kind are not permitted on Valravn, GateKeeper, Rougarou or Raptor.

Lower leg and foot casts are not permitted on Cedar Downs, Highground, maXair, Steel Vengeance, Wave Swinger, Red Baron and Snoopy's Space Race."

That was from their Accessibility page.  In my opinion, your boot would certainly count as a "brace".

Another successful coastermania but holy hot damn and I beat. I almost feel like I need to skip morning ERT or take a looong like 6 hour break bc damn... that said what a day. I still love MForce, I forgot how much I love Magnum (I was informed of the magical row 3 and it WAS pretty amazing). Had an epic Gemini experience with both trains continually slapping high fives while racing and of course....SV is just, I can’t... esp by night once it’s ran all day. My god that thing is not right. I KNOW it's crazy and still catches me off guard, especially the "inside" part...thus far it still gives me that out of control I dont know what's happening feeling. 

FL+ was worth it esp for TTD, Maverick, MForce though I will say while obviously helpful for SV it did seem the line was a few times not much shorter than regular, and yeah there was some weirdness w storage and moving one side a lot then not the other etc but IDK wasnt a huge problem, but still. Worth it though, 2 TTD walk ons, shaved an hour off the Maverick wait and got to semi Marathon MForce (10-15 mins when at times line was 45-75). But yeah damn, other parks may be nicer, have a better vibe, better customer service, better food all of which is true but this lineup it truly can't be topped, hell even matched.

Also at least today.....it didn't seem they were doing horribly early line closures. In fact Millie was running a decent bit past 8

• Like 2

Just arrived at Cedar Point Express. Checking crowd levels for today... yikes. Not going on until tomorrow and Monday. Still going to be busy, but hey... haven't ridden anything here yet, so anything and everything will be a win (and holy crap... two year coaster drought...I NEEDS IT!).

Quick question for the experts. Leaving from Express tomorrow morning with early entry. What time should we be starting the car to head over to the park to ensure actual entry at nine?

Haven't decided on fast lane plus.  We want it, but couple joining us has unsure feet. Fingers crossed. 

41 minutes ago, MrFurious said:

Just arrived at Cedar Point Express. Checking crowd levels for today... yikes. Not going on until tomorrow and Monday. Still going to be busy, but hey... haven't ridden anything here yet, so anything and everything will be a win (and holy crap... two year coaster drought...I NEEDS IT!).

Quick question for the experts. Leaving from Express tomorrow morning with early entry. What time should we be starting the car to head over to the park to ensure actual entry at nine?

Haven't decided on fast lane plus.  We want it, but couple joining us has unsure feet. Fingers crossed. 

The parking gates open at 8:30. You want to be there at that time. Get FL+.

Sorry. For the double post; can't figure out how to edit to include a quote on mobile.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mike240SX said:

The parking gates open at 8:30. You want to be there at that time. Get FL+.

Sorry. For the double post; can't figure out how to edit to include a quote on mobile.

They’ve been over compensating wait times. Even today Steel Vengeance was 45 minutes and listed it as 2 and half hours. Many rides were walk ons and shorter waits. 

It was busy today, but CP is getting back to normal. Some hiccups and reduced hours still, but staffing is much less of an issue. 

EDIT: Also, do NOT go to Maverick or SV first. I know it’s tempting, but you and everyone else has the same idea. 

I would highly recommend Raptor, MF then Maverick and finally SV since it’ll be open and the crowd will have moved on. Noon to 1pm are really good times for it every day we’ve been there. 

Follow the same strategy with FL and hit Iron Dragon if you have FL on the way and CCMR earlier on. They tend to get lines later and don’t offer FL. Early entry does nothing for FL so Raptor is a nice easy walk on. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, BRTeller said:

They’ve been over compensating wait times. Even today Steel Vengeance was 45 minutes and listed it as 2 and half hours. Many rides were walk ons and shorter waits. 

It was busy today, but CP is getting back to normal. Some hiccups and reduced hours still, but staffing is much less of an issue. 

Staffing for rides has never been a problem. They have no issue dedicating 20 people to work the carousel (a slight exaggeration but not by much). The staffing problems have been food service aside from Melt.