Jump to content
  TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

Recommended Posts

Stay at Breakers. Enjoy all the perks of it. Including the Surf Lounge. ūüćĻ

And get the FL pass for the day you know will be f-ed up with lines.

(For Bert and myself, it was the Saturday of the 2017 CoasterMANIA! weekend.)

Easy!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, anonymouscactus said:

^^^

correct breaking bad GIF

lmao I mean nothing earth shattering from me, I hate to pile on Dorney it's already a meme....but with validity tbh. I also forgot, in the years since I've gone they removed Laser, a great lil ride, so hell now there's even less there! Shame too about that. 

Speaking of Coastermania absolutely no point in thinking about weather this far out, but god cloudy-ish not too hot, little chance of rain. Hope this sticks! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

28 minutes ago, JJLehto said:

lmao I mean nothing earth shattering from me, I hate to pile on Dorney it's already a meme....but with validity tbh. I also forgot, in the years since I've gone they removed Laser, a great lil ride, so hell now there's even less there! Shame too about that. 

Speaking of Coastermania absolutely no point in thinking about weather this far out, but god cloudy-ish not too hot, little chance of rain. Hope this sticks! 

And not much wind.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, clem2754 said:

And not much wind.

Oof for sure! Thankfully that's not been a problem when I go, late May/early June seems like a great time, but yes here's to hoping! Except for TTD when it may be advantageous. Coastermania 2017 I finally got a roll back on TTD when it was cool at night and kinda breezy :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, JJLehto said:

Oof for sure! Thankfully that's not been a problem when I go, late May/early June seems like a great time, but yes here's to hoping! Except for TTD when it may be advantageous. Coastermania 2017 I finally got a roll back on TTD when it was cool at night and kinda breezy :D

I have yet to get the rollback, but TTD has been 50/50 in terms of running when I have been in the park. I seen plenty rollbacks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, clem2754 said:

I have yet to get the rollback, but TTD has been 50/50 in terms of running when I have been in the park. I seen plenty rollbacks.

Yeah ridiculous it still runs so hit and miss, I don't think I've even bothered my last couple visits and one time I don't recall it running most of the day. Rollback was fun, it was more the experience of omg it happened!! and since it was all enthusiasts it was wild, hoping for ya!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oof. Wind and rain today at the park. 

Cedar Point Park Update:

Due to current weather conditions, Snake River Expedition, and other rides and roller coasters will not open today. Frontier Festival will have limited operation as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

8 minutes ago, anonymouscactus said:

Oof. Wind and rain today at the park. 

Cedar Point Park Update:

Due to current weather conditions, Snake River Expedition, and other rides and roller coasters will not open today. Frontier Festival will have limited operation as well.

Oh yeah is it rainy and windy. Just got here. Like 40+ mph gusts. Nuts. So far the only things I saw open were the carousel, Cedar Downs, and some of the circular rides in Kiddy Kingdom. So I just went to Melt to hang out until I can check in to my hotel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

CP wind closures means maybe the employees are used elsewhere.

"Look! We're almost fully staffed on all of our other attractions!"

Nevermind. They'll probably just have them stand around in the stations or have them leave for the day.

  

16 hours ago, Nrthwnd said:

Stay at Breakers. Enjoy all the perks of it. Including the Surf Lounge. ūüćĻ

And get the FL pass

Truth. Indulge. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest Relations says it is extremely unlikely that major rides reopen, even if the weather clears (which it won't).  I saw many employees walking towards the front of the park, presumably to go home for the day, while I was walking to Melt.

Words cannot adequately describe the weather, so here's some videos.

 

  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thankfully I've got tomorrow (which will likely also get at least partially rained out), Sunday, and Monday here.  If I have to sacrifice a day at Cedar Point Shores so be it.

EDIT:  The park's website is now indicating that they are closed for the day.  Not surprising.  The water next to the causeway road was about 6 inches short of flooding the road.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

Thankfully I've got tomorrow (which will likely also get at least partially rained out), Sunday, and Monday here.  If I have to sacrifice a day at Cedar Point Shores so be it.

EDIT:  The park's website is now indicating that they are closed for the day.  Not surprising.  The water next to the causeway road was about 6 inches short of flooding the road.

Holy crap! Sorry man :(  hope tomm you can salvage something out of it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, JJLehto said:

Holy crap! Sorry man :(  hope tomm you can salvage something out of it

I'm not that worried.  So long as I can get a few rides on Maverick, Millie, Raptor, and hopefully Dragster this long weekend, I'll be satisfied.  All-season FL+ helps haha.

If tomorrow gets rained out that'll just be more time at Waldameer, which is showing clear weather all tomorrow afternoon.

My hotel just lost power again.  Fun times, and time for a nap since I've been up since 2 AM.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Mike240SX said:

I'm not that worried.  So long as I can get a few rides on Maverick, Millie, Raptor, and hopefully Dragster this long weekend, I'll be satisfied.  All-season FL+ helps haha.

If tomorrow gets rained out that'll just be more time at Waldameer, which is showing clear weather all tomorrow afternoon.

My hotel just lost power again.  Fun times, and time for a nap since I've been up since 2 AM.

I get it. The season pass really does help things, so much less stress/concern when things don't go well. Still though, hope it improves! 

Ah Waldameer....every year I go to CP I contemplate if I wanna try that park again. I had a brutally rough (and this is from someone who likes a rough ride) and sluggish/meh spin on RFII. Could've been a bad day, but it shook me up so bad (needed to grab advil and just sit for like an hour or two) I was always kinda scared to go out of my way to Erie and try again. Maybe next year (I already got KW planned for this one) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The pessimist side of me says that really sucks, but the optimist side says...

Shit. I don't have an optimist side.

Hopefully things go better tomorrow. The Thirsty Pony is calling your name.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, prozach626 said:

The Thirsty Pony is calling your name.

Indeed it has. There now. The place is SLAMMED. Bowling alley, bar, restaurant, everywhere. Ohio is definitely back open for business.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

After checking the Park Calendar on the park's website, it looks like the opening for Cedar Point Shores has been moved from tomorrow to Sunday. Another thing to note, according to the National Weather Service, the Lakeshore Flood Warning set today will only last until 10 a.m. tomorrow morning, but wind speeds will still be over 20 mph all throughout the day, so I would still be cautious about if the main park will be open or not.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, SingleRiderCam said:

After checking the Park Calendar on the park's website, it looks like the opening for Cedar Point Shores has been moved from tomorrow to Sunday. Another thing to note, according to the National Weather Service, the Lakeshore Flood Warning set today will only last until 10 a.m. tomorrow morning, but wind speeds will still be over 20 mph all throughout the day, so I would still be cautious about if the main park will be open or not.

Yeah I'm not holding my breath on tomorrow. Sucks for those who bought daily tickets and/or daily FLs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Cedar Point thus far is a bust today too; no rain but 35mph wind gusts that don't look like they're going to die down anytime soon. Ride op outside Raptor said they need to drop below 20mph. Feel bad for those lined up for the major coasters. Keep the hope alive LOL.

I'm off to Waldameer now, and will try swinging back to CP later on.

 

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Screenshot_20210529-114738.thumb.png.71713c9f8527f9d6cd2ea811475f28cd.png

When the best operating coaster isn't even a coaster...

 

Bought FP+ for Monday. $116 each but it'll be worth it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   1 member

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

Terms of Use https://themeparkreview.com/forum/topic/116-terms-of-service-please-read/