TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

Looking forward to some of the views and layout highlights with MF that others have talked about. I've watched the POV and the first shot of the lake as you crest the lift looks awesome, then the trees whizzing by, random tunnels and fly by the station all seem like they would add some fun elements to the ride. It's definitely one I'm super excited to try.

Take note: Ride MF on the left side at night. Going up that seriously skinny lift hill with complete darkness surrounding you in that tiny open train and a massive drop off just off your shoulder is truly frightening. I'll fight every time for that left seat, especially at night!

Maybe I made the mistake of riding Fury on preview night, I don't know. It was good, but I wouldn't put it ahead of most other B&M hyper coasters. Then again, it was cold and operations were terrible. It seems to have gotten better reviews since then.

I-305 felt like an odd child of MF and Maverick. It had the speed, and the transitions, but felt like it could have done a lot more.

But, knowing that my favorite rides are Millennium Force and The Beast, those long-duration speed elements tend to score higher than pure intensity for me.

My guess at this point it is Tony Clark doing it himself. The park opens for guests in a month. There is little point at this stage to not start leaking pictures. It cannot be someone working construction at the park since they have too much access. It almost has to be a full-time employee. Considering the newest picture I have seen appears to have been taken from the top of Millenium Force because you can see Skyhawk in between the camera and Mean Streak, it almost has to be someone with permission to take the photos. If you have permission to take and "leak" the photos then it might as well be done by marketing.

From what I'm seeing, we are discussing more than one different source of pictures (which have both been attributed to Tony). It's possible, but it's starting to feel a little unlikely that it can all be him.

Just wanted to mention one thing I thought was funny. One of the Social media accounts has "liked" only one other external post, and that post is none other than a previous TPR member complaining that he got banned for breaking TPR rules and sharing something from that page. Ha!

It's easily better than Leviathan, but I put Millennium well below the other two.

Agreed completely. My friend likes Leviathan just due to smoothness but I prefer layout, location, views, and train type much more than smoothness (I never notice it anyways). But I think both Leviathan and MF would be far below the other 2 gigas

Thanks for all the responses to my question a few pages back. Much appreciated.

I'll see if I can make it out... If I can get someone from my travel-party to join, I definitely will.... But if I have to go alone, and there's a big chance as none of the others are very big on roller-coasters, I probably won't.

I don't necessarily mind doing stuff by myself. But this one is a little bit tough, especially since I'll be at the end of a 4 week tour and I know I'll be tired as hell as it is. I'll decide on short notice...

It's good to know what the whole thing entails tho... So thanks again.

Rest In Peace, Ohiocoasterman.

I have a question for you Cedar Point people. I would really enjoy going to Cedar Point this year for the first time, but the chances of that happening are looking rather slim at the moment. Would it be better to just wait for next year to attempt to visit (especially since Mean Streak will probably be open next year), or should I try hard to go this year?

Seems like Coasterman missed the memo. . . So, for those who have forgotten:

I am just going to post this again as it would appear there are more stupid people in the world that we didn't get a chance to filter out. (Don't worry, they are gone now...)

Ok so I should just make one thing pretty clear here..

ANYONE WHO POSTS A CONSTRUCTION PHOTO OF MEAN STREAK, REGARDLESS IF IT IS YOUR PHOTO OR NOT, WILL BE BANNED FROM TPR FOREVER.

Is that clear?

Good.

The only exception to this would be if Cedar Point themselves releases official construction photos or if someone from Cedar Point takes you to the construction site and makes it VERY CLEAR TO EVERYONE that it is ok to take said photo.

I guess you guys are right about it being a personal choice. I have a relatively small window to be able to go this year (no later than July), so it all just depends on how much free time me and my parents have before that time. I'm really just stuck on the whole Mean Streak thing. Make the long trip to Ohio this year only to want to go back a year later, or just save up all my excitement for next year. I guess I could stick with just Dorney and Kings Dominion (and possibly Carowinds) for another year, but I'm worried that I will miss the opportunity to ride/do something at Cedar Point if anything closes this year.

Rest In Peace, Ohiocoasterman.

I have a question for you Cedar Point people. I would really enjoy going to Cedar Point this year for the first time, but the chances of that happening are looking rather slim at the moment. Would it be better to just wait for next year to attempt to visit (especially since Mean Streak will probably be open next year), or should I try hard to go this year?

Don't waste your money going this year if you can only go one of the two years. I am in the same boat and have chosen to go back to SFGADv this year and wait out till 2018 to go back to Cedar Point.

I really don't see how this is that hard of a decision. The water park and second breakers (?) expansion will be done this year and New Mean Streak more likely to be open in 2018. Go then and enjoy both, or atleast one (the one that appeals to pretty much all us coaster enthusiasts).

Those are just my 2 cents. Sure, go this year if you wosh, but I HIGHLY recommend against going this year if you can't go again in 2018.

Before it picture gets taken down and the poster is banned, Maverick definitely looks like it got a much needed repaint.... but maybe that's just because of the lighting.

I think its the lighting. I think Millennium Force could also use a tuneup.

I guess you guys are right about it being a personal choice. I have a relatively small window to be able to go this year (no later than July), so it all just depends on how much free time me and my parents have before that time. I'm really just stuck on the whole Mean Streak thing. Make the long trip to Ohio this year only to want to go back a year later, or just save up all my excitement for next year. I guess I could stick with just Dorney and Kings Dominion (and possibly Carowinds) for another year, but I'm worried that I will miss the opportunity to ride/do something at Cedar Point if anything closes this year.

I'm on the same boat with you. I was planning a weekend trip for May-June, but me and a friend decided to wait until 2018. If I was in your shoes, do the pilgrimage next year. If you think you don't have the chance after next year, go for it.

Before it picture gets taken down and the poster is banned, Maverick definitely looks like it got a much needed repaint.... but maybe that's just because of the lighting.

It's just the lighting in the photo. I was in the park working today and can confirm Maverick has not gotten painted.

It's just the lighting in the photo. I was in the park working today and can confirm Maverick has not gotten painted.

You're currently working at the park?! Tell us every detail you know about Mean Streak now!!!

/s

But seriously, if I was working at CP right now, I know exactly where I'd be spending my 15 minute breaks!