TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

If you are referring to the final view, I don't really think this is "stale" per say, I actually like it. To each his own though.

I don't know. . . I think it has a little to much grass. Maybe they should put in some more concrete instead.

Anyone else think the queue area seems pretty small for a CP coaster? Maybe the massive size of the track is making it seem smaller than it actually is (or maybe it'll feel larger in person), but when I think of the queue areas for rides like MF, TTD etc, this just seems rather small. Maybe (probably... hopefully) they're going to staff this thing to the point of being an absolute capacity monster, and maybe the line is larger when you see it in person, but it looks so tiny on the graphics!

If you are referring to the final view, I don't really think this is "stale" per say, I actually like it. To each his own though.

For people at the winter chill out, they saw the beginnings of the final product at the management presentation. The entrances of the plazas had a cool angular shape to them similar to the crown on the birds head, and they have a couple areas on the outside of the ride that will be themed to Valravn. They mentioned the rides ID sign is the throne that we all had the chance to see during Halloweekends, and they said they got such positive reviews from the legacy of roller coasters board that they are going to have something similar near the Immelmann. They were just initial concept sketches but to me they looks fantastic right from first glance. They aren't going to leave it as some generic bland area. And they said it will have similar lighting to Banshee as per some sort of lighting agreement/contract (Adam had made a mention to that infront of the station/lift area) with "more surprises to come" as per usual. And I really am thinking that the silver strip is going to have a nice effect with multicolored LEDs shining up on it, it should really be an amazing sight to see. This coaster is going to be amazing, it's not gonna be like gatekeeper (even though personally I am a pretty big fan of That ride), it's massive, its one of only 3 in the country, it's the tallest and fastest of its kind, and I'm sure most everyone who rides it is going to love it.

We now return to you're regularly shceduled enthusiast complaining/arguing/opining

I feel like the whole area looks tastefully done, but I'm in the minority who likes the 'clean lines' style of Cedar Fair. It makes for a much more adult welcoming place, as opposed to a queue/themed section that looks like it came straight out of teenager's wet dream. Looks like a nice place to have a beer.

I feel like the whole area looks tastefully done, but I'm in the minority who likes the 'clean lines' style of Cedar Fair. It makes for a much more adult welcoming place, as opposed to a queue/themed section that looks like it came straight out of teenager's wet dream. Looks like a nice place to have a beer.

I'm with you 100%. If you're going to do theming and it's not your thing, do it like Banshee was done. Simple yet effective, but nothing obnoxious. If not, this and the GateKeeper plaza are really nice in my mind and just look nicely presented.

I'm with you 100%. If you're going to do theming and it's not your thing, do it like Banshee was done. Simple yet effective, but nothing obnoxious. If not, this and the GateKeeper plaza are really nice in my mind and just look nicely presented.

I also agree with this.

Just about anywhere at CP is a nice place to have a beer.

Me: "Oh, hey look...this place sells beer. Let's go have one!"

I was thinking about this at work today - how much would CP lose out if Soak City was included with admission to the park? After all it's going to be at least $65 just to get into the park this year and Cedar Point is already a two day park as it is. They've combined Oceans of Fun with Worlds of Fun - how has that worked out for them?

I always wonder why some parks go the spiral staircase route for block brake evac stairs, especially ones as tall as this one. I mean, they clearly had the space for a more traditional staircase. Spiral stairs are easier to lose your footing on. Having landings every 3/4 story or so just seems safer, and easier for guests to walk down. I don't have a fear of falling or a fear of heights, and have climbed several coaster lifts in my life (tallest being Alpengeist) and even I get little fleeting thought in my head when you look down 10 or 15 or 20 flights of stairs in a single line from the crown. I don't think I'd be afraid of going up or down a spiral staircase like this one, but I'd still prefer to walk down a stair set with landings than one continuous spiral, especially from that height. Also, I can safe from experience TONS of guests ARE afraid of going down these stairs, and having landings helps ease their minds some.

Hell, even with landings Dive Machine block brake evac stairs are no joke!

Prices vary depending on the day of the week and the part of the season. The only way for you or anyone to know for sure is to go to Cedar Point's website and basically go through the steps of booking a room. When you put in the dates you are interested in the rates populate.