TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

A random question (just out of curiosity)- did Raptor/Gatekeeper/Dragster eventually end up opening on the Saturday prior to this one (10/24 is the date I'm looking for)?

I was there on 10-23 and 10-24. Raptor was open, Gatekeeper opened later I believe, but TTD was down almost all day I think. I was surprised to see TTD down almost all day Saturday. It was open when the park opened if I remember right, but sometime after noon/1ish it closed.

I used to think Raptor and Gatekeeper had the same restriction but they seem to be much more lenient with Gatekeeper lately. Is this merely a coincidence or is there some truth to that? Now it seems like Dragster and Raptor go down for wind before Gatekeeper regardless of the wind direction but that didn't seem to be the case in years past.

(Sorry for the double post)

Just wanted to share this unique footer for the base of the lift hill. Obviously I know a lot of the new B&M Coasters have this, so it's not really anything "new and amazing" but I still wanted to share it!

IMG_9331.jpg

And then there's that one lonely support...

IMG_9330.jpg

And the view we have all seen 13,805,468,923.685 times already.

IMG_9334.jpg

Source.

Dragster was down all day Saturday the 24th due to wind. I asked a friend who works Raptor of it was down also and she said it was, which makes sense since it has a lower wind speed restriction than Dragster.

Makes sense. We stayed on-property and had early admission, but passed on Raptor figuring it would be a walk-on towards the end of the day. Whoops, notsomuch. As we were walking away I remember seeing a train crawl into the MCBR. Didn't see it running after that.

I'd imagine Gatesleeper would be more sensitive to winds since the trains have the aerodynamics of a deployed parachute. Hopefully this won't be an issue with Valravn; those aren't exactly the world's sleekest trains, either. .

Somebody shared this video on Facebook and I swear I nearly died laughing about seven seconds in.

(I tried to embed it, but it wasn't working, here's a link)

https://www.facebook.com/AskMencom/videos/10153199488373723/?fref=nf

I like how they think it's called Valravn Birdseye...

Simply the results of poor translation. AskMen is based in Quebec if I remember right. I remember discussing this video a while ago. This is what happens when you edit official videos in an attempt to get more clicks.