TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

P. 1989: Wicked Twister's permanent closure announced!

I don't know if this would matter, but I am staying at Breakers Express for HalloWeekneds. I'll look out for some new track.

So you are aware, the Breakers Express pool is only 4 foot deep max and the ice machine on the third floor was broken when we went. It's a decent hotel, but not a wonderful one. You can't beat the theme park though

^This is freaking awesome.

Glad to see that they are offering Goose Island and not just NASCAR beer!

Don't get too excited. Goose Island is owned by In-Bev, the parent company of Busch, and that pretty much eliminates any chance of them offering Great Lakes or any other craft beer that would be worth it. However, if this proves successful, perhaps Hofbrauhaus Cleveland can open a competing kiosk and offer some decent beer.

Prosit!

While I like the idea of Hofbrauhaus or some other type of Bavarian beer, I would disagree about Great Lakes. They have a decent presence in the park already as I know of at least three places where you can buy it in bottles.

And I believe that they have had it on draft two different times in three years at the Red Garter Saloon. Not sure what they have on draft there this year as I have yet to visit the park, but they usually will try to have one microbeer that is not Inbev related. And I believe that Lusty Lil's also had a decent micro on draft last year, but I am not 100% certain if it was Great Lakes.

I should have been more specific. I meant there'd be no craft brews dispensed from this kiosk. It's certainly possible for craft beer to be offered at the other outlets in the park. I distinctly remember a pumpkin ale being offered at the Red Garter Saloon during Halloweekends last year. Personally, I'd love to find Great Lakes Alberta Clipper or Nosferatu in the park. We see the Edge of Madness show every year and often enjoy a beer while doing so.

I think this might turn into this years Tempesto... So I look forward to watching Cedar Points new lawn ornament being built... At least we have a really good view from the main land!

CP isn't going to sit on the announcement that long, but they'll need to wait until they're done with the rebranding.

I think this might turn into this years Tempesto... So I look forward to watching Cedar Points new lawn ornament being built... At least we have a really good view from the main land!

CP isn't going to sit on the announcement that long, but they'll need to wait until they're done with the rebranding.

Lol of the day right here. "Rebranding"

I'm about at the point where I'm willing to make a sig bet with anybody who actually thinks Valravn is going to get "re-branded"! Seriously, people! Raptor, Rougarou, even that GateKeeper creature looks a little evil! Delaying the announcement, especially given the theme? Understandable. Changing the name and re-branding everything? Not. Going. To. Happen.

Why is Cedar Point getting a dive coaster? Terrible decision by Cedar Fair IMO.

I agree 100%. I feel like Cedar Point should never build another coaster. Hell, none of the Cedar Fair parks should ever build a new coaster. I think that's what's best. No new coasters would really boost attendance, and keep people wanting to come back to the parks.

--- Sorry, I felt the need to make my statement just as ignorant as the one I quoted.

I agree 100%. I feel like Cedar Point should never build another coaster. Hell, none of the Cedar Fair parks should ever build a new coaster. I think that's what's best. No new coasters would really boost attendance, and keep people wanting to come back to the parks.

--- Sorry, I felt the need to make my statement just as ignorant as the one I quoted.

Cedar Point does NOT need a coaster right now. Why not give Kings Dominion, Dorney Park, or Knott's Berry Farm a coaster, as they have had very long waits? If anything Cedar Point should get a dark ride or maybe GCI woodie. Another dumb decision by lord Cedar Fair.

Cedar Point does NOT need a coaster right now. Why not give Kings Dominion, Dorney Park, or Knott's Berry Farm a coaster, as they have had very long waits? If anything Cedar Point should get a dark ride or maybe GCI woodie. Another dumb decision by lord Cedar Fair.

Wait... so you're arguing that other parks need a new coaster because they have long wait times?? Have you ever been to Cedar Point?? When we were at the park last month wait times for most coaster were around 3 hours. . . That's not really "short lines."

Now if you were to compare the last time specific Cedar Fair parks got a new coaster as to the last time Cedar Point got a new coaster maybe then you would have an argument. But right now you don't.

Wait... so you're arguing that other parks need a new coaster because they have long wait times?? Have you ever been to Cedar Point?? When we were at the park last month wait times for most coaster were around 3 hours. . . That's not really "short lines."

Now if you were to compare the last time specific Cedar Fair parks got a new coaster as to the last time Cedar Point got a new coaster maybe then you would have an argument. But right now you don't.

I meant last time they received a coaster. 3 years for CP as opposed to anywhere from 6 to 12 years for the other parks.