TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

This may have been brought up somewhere along the other 88 pages but; does anyone else feel this is the last coaster they could possibly fit in this park? I mean, unless they build something entirely over water they are not going to be able to fit another large coaster in the park.

Now that I'm thinking about it... I guess they could always fill in some of the lake water with truckloads of dirt for extra acreage. That would be one hell of an undertaking though. Costly and time consuming but possible.

I hope this coaster is a good one cause it may be their last one for some time to come.

This may have been brought up somewhere along the other 88 pages but; does anyone else feel this is the last coaster they could possibly fit in this park? I mean, unless they build something entirely over water they are not going to be able to fit another large coaster in the park.

Now that I'm thinking about it... I guess they could always fill in some of the lake water with truckloads of dirt for extra acreage. That would be one hell of an undertaking though. Costly and time consuming but possible.

I hope this coaster is a good one cause it may be their last one for some time to come.

Raze Mean Streak and PRESTO! More room for another coaster.

It's a tough question to answer, because Cedar Point can always surprise us and creatively squeeze in something where it doesn't look like there's enough room. Who would've thought in say, 1998, that Millenium Force would be where it is now? They stuck that thing in without affecting anything other than the Giant Wheel, which was moved for more than one reason anyway.

And of course, they can always remove/relocate other rides to free up space.

This will certainly not be the last. As long as there's money and imagination, there'll be plenty of Intamins to amuse future generations for years to come.

This will certainly not be the last. As long as there's money and imagination, there'll be plenty of Intamins to amuse future generations for years to come.

Like a coaster... UNDER the entire park! That would so rule!

Ok, but realisticaly though; I'm sure they will always try to make room some way or another to remain one of the country's top notch coaster parks.

I just see other rides sacrificed to make room for future rides. And that may start to suck for the park. They can only fit so many mega-large-strata-colassa-coasters in the park. They are bound to get trumped by another park with more readily available land sooner or later.. **COUGH Great Adventure COUGH**

^ If they'd ever break away from the whole "record breaker" thing, they could lose Disaster Transport and go with a nice GCI woodie. I'm sure most of us wouldn't mind that, right? There's plenty of possiblities out there, but yes, they'd have to break away from the current trend of coaster building to accomplish it.

EDIT: Or a Balder clone? There, that oughta make the Intamin fans smile. Anyway, back on topic.....'07

Two things...

One: You guys should actually READ the updates, not just look at the pictures. Then this discussion on what it is would be a lot easier.

Two: FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP SAYING PARKS ARE OUT OF ROOM!!!! There is plenty of room here, plenty of room at Knotts, plenty of room at Blackpool, plenty of room at !

@beemerboy, yes we saw, but since almost all intamin track is the same we could also see a multi looper, a hyper or anything else we don't want to see at CP. So nothing is certain....

And if they are REALY out of spece the can just destroy some old boring ride. A park is never out of space as long as they have imagination.

^ Oh, okay. Thanks for setting me straight on that. For a second I thought that the Alveys might actually be onto something there....you know, given their experience and all. Man that was stupid of me to follow their lead. What was I thinking?

Of course we have 'connections'. Now granted in the past some of these people claim to know more than they actually do, but what CP is getting sounds like CP so we'll see in a few weeks when the announcement is made.

I'll tell you, I'm not overly excited.

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD STOP SAYING PARKS ARE OUT OF ROOM!!!! There is plenty of room here, plenty of room at Knotts, plenty of room at Blackpool, plenty of room at !

"Plenty"? I wouldn't go that far now. Cedar Point does have enough room to build a couple more coasters, yes. I wouldn't say they have the heaping amounts of acreage to build upon that they wish they did. You can only build over or side by side so many other rides or remove so many rides to accomadate new ones. Regardless, I'm curious to see how they combat their ride crowded park in the future.

But, I live in New Jersey and just when you think an area can't be built up anymore... society finds a way to do it.

Aww man I guess my month old photos arnt up to date enough, oh well it happens. And I know exactially what this is going to be, I hear it coasts, word on the street is that it rolls too. We shal wait and see if Im correct.

Colin C

Of course we have 'connections'. Now granted in the past some of these people claim to know more than they actually do, but what CP is getting sounds like CP so we'll see in a few weeks when the announcement is made.

I'll tell you, I'm not overly excited.

Elissa's not overly excited. That means one thing. The world's first hyper spinning wild mouse!