TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

So before it gets buried in all of this prediction stuff, does anyone know what's up with Raptor?

Apparently it hasn't operated since Sunday. If it were Dragster this wouldn't really be noteworthy but for Raptor it's really weird.

It was running most of the day Sunday, towards the end of the night it was down. I have no idea why.

I'm only going to say this once...

We will be posting the announcement tomorrow as soon as the materials are available to us.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY LINKS OR IMAGES TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE TPR DOES!

Anyone who does this will be banned forever from Theme Park Review.

Let me explain...

Posting the new ride information before we can do it actually creates MORE WORK for us as most of the time people who come on our forum and post info about a new ride will do a crappy job of it and then we have to not only do the work we are going to do to make a proper post about the new ride, but also clean up the garbage posts that people make.

No one here will get any extra points or look any "cooler" for being "first" to post the information. We aren't about being first we are about having good quality content. Please respect that. Thank you.

I'm only going to say this once...

We will be posting the announcement tomorrow as soon as the materials are available to us.

PLEASE DO NOT POST ANY LINKS OR IMAGES TO THE ANNOUNCEMENT BEFORE TPR DOES!

Anyone who does this will be banned forever from Theme Park Review.

Let me explain...

Posting the new ride information before we can do it actually creates MORE WORK for us as most of the time people who come on our forum and post info about a new ride will do a crappy job of it and then we have to not only do the work we are going to do to make a proper post about the new ride, but also clean up the garbage posts that people make.

No one here will get any extra points or look any "cooler" for being "first" to post the information. We aren't about being first we are about having good quality content. Please respect that. Thank you.

Counting down the hours to tomorrow. I'll be there for the announcement.

So before it gets buried in all of this prediction stuff, does anyone know what's up with Raptor and Corkscrew?

Apparently they haven't operated since Sunday. If it were Dragster this wouldn't really be noteworthy but for Raptor and Corkscrew it's really weird.

I'm now seeing from multiple sources that Corkscrew's trains had a collision on the transfer track on Sunday night when they were attempting to transfer a train off. Both trains were empty, but that seems to explain the long closure. Can anyone confirm this?

I'll just keep patiently smashing my refresh button tomorrow awaiting the announcement!

I would check the official Cedar Point site and socials first. It will take us a little time to post the info properly once it's released. And like I said, we aren't in a race to get it up first, we just want a good post that will give everyone here the information in one easily place to read it.

Had a great time at the park last Friday. A big storm came through the park about 9.30ish and pretty much emptied the place out. Was at Millennium Force when it reopened around 11pm and for the last hour until closing they were letting people walk straight from the area where you get off straight back into the station it was so quiet. Kept getting straight back on the same train I just got off haha. A memorable end to a great trip, well worth the long journey to visit.

Had a great time at the park last Friday. A big storm came through the park about 9.30ish and pretty much emptied the place out. Was at Millennium Force when it reopened around 11pm and for the last hour until closing they were letting people walk straight from the area where you get off straight back into the station it was so quiet.

When the Millennium Force magic gate opens it's seriously one of the best things ever. I've never seen then open that outside of Passholder ERT sessions.

Had a great time at the park last Friday. A big storm came through the park about 9.30ish and pretty much emptied the place out. Was at Millennium Force when it reopened around 11pm and for the last hour until closing they were letting people walk straight from the area where you get off straight back into the station it was so quiet. Kept getting straight back on the same train I just got off haha. A memorable end to a great trip, well worth the long journey to visit.

I was there as well... It was fantastic getting a solid hour of MF ERT to close out the night!

I'll keep my eyes and ears open, Robb. Looking forward to the announcement!

Personal predictions:

height: 200' flat

drop: 90 degrees

speed: 70mph, not faster than LR

Airtime moments: somewhere in the 15-20 range

Inversions: 4

Hoping to hit up CP next year in a road trip currently in the planning stages.

I'll just keep patiently smashing my refresh button tomorrow awaiting the announcement!

I would check the official Cedar Point site and socials first. It will take us a little time to post the info properly once it's released. And like I said, we aren't in a race to get it up first, we just want a good post that will give everyone here the information in one easily place to read it.

I always appreciate how organized your guys' reports of the announcements are. There are links to everything from the front page as well as links on the threads themselves, and everything is summarized nicely with the released photos and videos. So many of the smaller announcements would fly under the radar for me if it weren't for that, or I just wouldn't have the patience to go search for everything. I'd rather wait a few hours to see the nice organized reports on TPR than have to sift through a bunch of hurried snippets from people who want to be "first" to post.

^^Unless you're like me and go to bed late and don't wake up until around noon, in which case the "later" East Coast announcement is still perfect timing. #latetobedlatetorise

While it was sometimes frustrating going through this off-season living off of the "leaked" photos and wondering about this ride, I'm actually really glad CP decided to do it this way. CP has built up our anticipation for months with tomorrow... the climax. Cheers, everyone!

In a way, it's going to be weird finding out the actual stats and layout after watching this ride unfold slowly before our eyes.

^^Unless you're like me and go to bed late and don't wake up until around noon, in which case the "later" East Coast announcement is still perfect timing. #latetobedlatetorise

That's very true, although I'm still a morning person. I love to wake up and have a nice hot cuppa now in my xcelerator mug.

Well good night on this joyous RMCmas eve. I can't wait to finally see our present being shown off. However it's kind of like when you would get a present as a kid and it required something else, like batteries you didn't have, or an extra part, because we still have quite awhile until we get the full enjoyment out of this giftwrap.