TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

^ My god. You are doing this on purpose now. Pleeeeease can someone make a weather thread, this is getting tedious. This I come on this page to get away from British people speaking about the weather, only to find Americans love speaking about the weather loads too!

Is there any British weather besides rain?

Hey Henry, what's your favorite cloud type? Though my go-to is usually the standard stratocumulus, when I'm in a feisty mood I'll lean towards the non-traditional mammatus. F**k those stupid cirrus ones, though, with their wispy fake-cloud bulls**t.

^ My god. You are doing this on purpose now. Pleeeeease can someone make a weather thread, this is getting tedious. This I come on this page to get away from British people speaking about the weather, only to find Americans love speaking about the weather loads too!

It's raining now

If you can't beat 'em join 'em.

It's raining now

If you can't beat 'em join 'em.

Did you look outside or did you check your handy local weather app? And if so which one do you prefer?

As a CP parking booth lady told us last year, "never trust anything you see on weather channel, it's always wrong."

I went to SF Over Texas last weekend, the weather channel had a range of 95%-100% chance of rain all day, and it didn't even rain till 8:00 that evening. It was nice though because there wasn't many people.

So...We are now talking about weather on a theme park forum. Okay...

Unless you're an indoor coaster/dark ride enthusiast, weather plays a huge part in this hobby.

You can say that again! I was supposed to have been to KI with my kids and ridden Mystic Timbers two different times by now, but ended up passing both times due to weather! Still don't know what's in the dang shed!

Wow your patience to not visit the KI thread or watch any "shed spoilers" is impeccable! I could spoil it for you right now but I won't

Unless you're an indoor coaster/dark ride enthusiast, weather plays a huge part in this hobby.

You can say that again! I was supposed to have been to KI with my kids and ridden Mystic Timbers two different times by now, but ended up passing both times due to weather! Still don't know what's in the dang shed!

Wow your patience to not visit the KI thread or watch any "shed spoilers" is impeccable! I could spoil it for you right now but I won't

I won't spoil it, but I will post a direct link to Robb's full breakdown. I'm a temptress like that. Just envision me as the devil on your shoulder, whispering into your ear, "Click on itttttt...".

I won't spoil it, but I will post a direct link to Robb's full breakdown. I'm a temptress like that. Just envision me as the devil on your shoulder, whispering into your ear, "Click on itttttt...".

So many tweets on our favorite twitter account. Interesting how Track is capitalized on some new tweets and he capitalized the M and T in More Track! He also did it to Masters in his tweet in early April about Golf. Also look at the airtime bump and all the extra ledgers right next to it.

Read this:

Someone commented: Uh, it still looks pretty far from ready.

Tony (supposedly): she will be ready by 2018

Tony: maybe even sooner?

"Be ready" is likely just stating the track work will likely be done this year, which would be smart on a construction schedule. Then all the controls/electrical/theming can follow at a more relaxed pace throughout the off-season (next year).

Remember... In the past, vertical construction has been done/complete in December/January (Gatekeeper for example). Leaving plenty of time for all the other things to be done. We still don't know the scope of this project, any new technologies being used *cough* Lightning Rod *cough*.

Yeah, I've debated whether it's really worth not reading about the rest of the ride experience, since I don't honestly expect the "shed reveal" to be all that much of anything. However, so far, I've successfully avoided the KI thread, and all Youtube videos. I'm now targeting the day after Memorial Day for our KI trip, so hopefully I can hold out that much longer, and hopefully the dang weather cooperates! And yes, thanks for not spoiling it here now! DId you like the rest of the coaster at least? (And apologies for talking about a KI coaster in the CP thread, but hey, there's always people talking about weather, and boats, and just about everything other than CP coasters in here anyway, so why not?)

Yeah, I've debated whether it's really worth not reading about the rest of the ride experience, since I don't honestly expect the "shed reveal" to be all that much of anything. However, so far, I've successfully avoided the KI thread, and all Youtube videos. I'm now targeting the day after Memorial Day for our KI trip, so hopefully I can hold out that much longer, and hopefully the dang weather cooperates! And yes, thanks for not spoiling it here now! DId you like the rest of the coaster at least? (And apologies for talking about a KI coaster in the CP thread, but hey, there's always people talking about weather, and boats, and just about everything other than CP coasters in here anyway, so why not?)

So true

Hey if you made it this long, mind as well hold out a bit longer!

I waited a very long time for the ride each of the three times (so far) and loved it. I think you and your family will love it too! But don't just take my word, gotta get out there and try it.

"Whatever you do, DON'T GO IN THE SHED!"

Wow, TTD appears to be running four trains through testing!

Didn't see any activity of Gatekeeper testing.... yet.

And no Skyride movement at this time, either.

Dragster has a "multi move" function that allows multiple trains to move through the station at the same time. Think of them as micro block sections. They allow the ride to know exactly where the trains are so they don't need to wait for the full block in front of them to be clear.

I watched a POV of dragster and I noticed it has a million censors in the station and on the brakerun, this is the only coaster I have seen this on, my question is why is this necessary?

Its to bleep out all the obscenities from first time riders. That launch will get ya, people drop a lot of f-bombs.

Dragster has a "multi move" function that allows multiple trains to move through the station at the same time. Think of them as micro block sections. They allow the ride to know exactly where the trains are so they don't need to wait for the full block in front of them to be clear.

That makes sense, thanks

Yes, that is true. However to be fair, you can have a multi move section with fewer sensors than that - lots of rides do. I think they designed it to be able to move trains VERY CLOSE together (think almost like Test Track / Radiator Springs where they move at the exact same time) but it's never really worked that way. As of now they've really got too many sensors for what they do use, which just means points of failure that aren't needed, which could have an increased effect on downtime. Really wish they'd hire someone to come in and make it work the way it was designed to!