TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

I-Box records I can think of off the top of my head:

*Tallest hybrid

*Fastest hybrid

*Longest hybrid

*Hybrid with the most inversions

*Most hybrids in one park (3: both sides of Gemini & Meanstreak)

*Hybrid with the most complicated name (Rougarou, Valravim, Meanstreak~Insert random mythological creature here~)

*Hybrid with most numbers in its name (Magnum XL-200, Intimidator 305, Fury 325, Meanstreak~Insert height of lifthill here~)

there were new photos released on some instagram account that I can't remember the name of, but i got into a huge war with the kid over posting photos from the causeway.. common sense isn't so common anymore

Do you mean these photos? Unless you're a CP employee/higher up, it's not a 16 year old's job to police people, nor start a "huge war" when you're not happy with what they post. Chill out. This is the kind of crap that makes some of us regular enthusiasts look insane due to association. By the way these photos are SPECTACULAR and made me say "Wow!" out loud.

If they were truly a problem I would imagine Cedar Point, or whoever is responsible for that kind of thing take care of it. They don't need your help. And how ironic for you to call him a kid, because you're a kid yourself, and starting an internet war is definitely acting like one.

It's as if you took the words straight from my mouth.

Hyper woodie?

200 feet doesn't look likely here.

Yeah, they are obviously making the lift steeper so they have room to add a pre-drop section

Just because they're adding height to the lift does not in any way mean that it's going to be 200 feet tall. Is it possible, sure. Is it likely? I would say no, but we can debate that... but you're making a big leap here.

Actually, once the pictures showing the new angle of the hill started coming out, it seemed like a real possibility to me that there may well be a pre-drop section something like Lightning Rod. With the new angle, it looks like they could add some height and have space to do a Lightning Rod-esque element to give the drop some real pop. This is just what came to my mind weeks ago when the pics started cropping up...

So it looks like based off of those photos, the lift hill track will go right into where the old overbank used to be. You can calculate the height of that overbank by knowing the total height of the structure and the time that the train takes to get to the top of the lift as well as the time that it takes to get to the overbank section (ends up being around 90 feet or so). Let's say the new lift is 45° (hard to tell from the image but either 45 or a little less). The old mean streak lift hill was almost exactly 30°. Now, if we assume that the top of the new ride will be directly above the top of the new ride, you can calculate the new ride to be around 205 - 215 feet tall. The only questions that can alter that number is how steep the lift really is, and when the lift will stop going up. So don't at all rule out a 200 foot coaster (CP loves 200 foot coasters). Personally I believe that they will go over 200 because otherwise it'll be so close that it'd be a missed opportunity to add even more bragging rights to the most coasters above 200 feet lol

Hyper woodie?

200 feet doesn't look likely here.

Yeah, they are obviously making the lift steeper so they have room to add a pre-drop section

Just because they're adding height to the lift does not in any way mean that it's going to be 200 feet tall. Is it possible, sure. Is it likely? I would say no, but we can debate that... but you're making a big leap here.

I was kidding. None of us know what will happen until it is announced. Except Tony, of course

It would be nice to see a storm chaser type drop implemted.

Same.

I know most enthusiasts don't like the inverting drops because they "take away the extreme ejector time" But it's like they fail to remember there's an entire rest of the coaster filled with extreme ejector time after the first drop.

That being said, I highly doubt we will see an inverting drop, unless the are going to go higher and try to market it as "the world's tallest inversion."

Same.

I know most enthusiasts don't like the inverting drops because they "take away the extreme ejector time" But it's like they fail to remember there's an entire rest of the coaster filled with extreme ejector time after the first drop.

That being said, I highly doubt we will see an inverting drop, unless the are going to go higher and try to market it as "the world's tallest inversion."

Lol if they did that then correct me if I'm wrong but I think that they'd have the world's three highest inversions all at the same park.

Same.

I have to say yea for the most park inverted drops arnt as fun as traditional drops but can still be fun in its own way. On a slightly different note however I have to say shallow curved drops are kind of lame....I know this is nothing to do with the Cedar Point RMC but im talking about coaster drops in general. Take Kumba for example while the inversions are fun the drop is just sad....yet i hear people still scream on those type of drops....to me those are the most disappointing drops. Im sure if the curved drops was super steep that would be a different story.

^Curved drops on B&M inverts are amazing though, since in the back they're really forceful and they have a great whip to them! In fact, if Raptor had a more curvy drop, Then it would probably beat Afterburn in my rankings. With the floorless and sit-downs I agree though. They're pretty weak, except for Dominator's, for example, which is steep and has a bit of the B&M invert whip.

^Curved drops on B&M inverts are amazing though, since in the back they're really forceful and they have a great whip to them! In fact, if Raptor had a more curvy drop, Then it would probably beat Afterburn in my rankings. With the floorless and sit-downs I agree though. They're pretty weak, except for Dominator's, for example, which is steep and has a bit of the B&M invert whip.

And Kumba's because Kumba.

Same.

Oh god, please no. That drop is the worst part of Medusa's layout. And the second worst of Storm Chaser's (that final helix is ).