TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Cedar Point (CP) Discussion Thread

p. 2030 - Top Thrill 2 announced!

For what it's worth, all of the RMC "conversion" projects thus far have used i-box track, and the coasters using topper track have been new builds. While not definitive proof in any way, it does set up the precedent that suggests this will be i-box all the way. And besides, what does it matter if the ride loses its "wood" classification? It's just a meaningless statistic that the general public does not care about. I'm just happy that Cedar Point is getting an RMC!

It's awesome that CP doesn't even have to try anymore. No promotion or anything, just let the track and trucks show up, it'll get around.

If this is a 2018 project we have absolutely no idea what we're in for. Although what the track looks like from the station to the lift seems super unsatisfying thus far. I mean compared to Joker and Twisted Colossus, with a fun pre-lift, if this is such a big ride---they couldn't do better than that? Such a mediocre B&M pre-lift style. If it's for 2o17 we'll be wishing they waited a year and took the time to make it a much better ride for 2018.

Even with I-Box it can't ride any harder than steel framed "wood" coasters.

RE: DoinItForTheFame, yeah ironically steel wheels on steel track is one of the more definitive things about wood coasters. But not the definition. Really anything with wood in it...

Actually, the first times I rode Roar (new and smooth!) I found it so much different than traditional woodies that I considered a seperate category. And it clicks all the boxes, including, of course, PTCs ;(

I mean compared to Joker and Twisted Colossus, with a fun pre-lift, if this is such a big ride---they couldn't do better than that? Such a mediocre B&M pre-lift style. If it's for 2o17 we'll be wishing they waited a year and took the time to make it a much better ride for 2018.

Umm..Mean Streak has no space before the lift to do that. They can't just make a pre-lift just because, the other coasters could support it.

I mean compared to Joker and Twisted Colossus, with a fun pre-lift, if this is such a big ride---they couldn't do better than that? Such a mediocre B&M pre-lift style. If it's for 2o17 we'll be wishing they waited a year and took the time to make it a much better ride for 2018.

Umm..Mean Streak has no space before the lift to do that. They can't just make a pre-lift just because, the other coasters could support it.

lol @ "no space" in Cedar Point. What a joke.

RMC can do whatever the hell they want with a pre-lift. It's not like RMC hasn't manufactured rides from scratch, they most certainly could incorporate something less boring than a simulated-Valravn pre-lift for the new RMC updated Meaner Streak.

Saying that an RMC "can't just make" anything is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

lol @ "no space" in Cedar Point. What a joke.

RMC can do whatever the hell they want with a pre-lift. It's not like RMC hasn't manufactured rides from scratch, they most certainly could incorporate something less boring than a simulated-Valravn pre-lift for the new RMC updated Meaner Streak.

Saying that an RMC "can't just make" anything is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

You are misinterpreting what I was trying to say. Yes, Cedar Point is not out of space. RMC can find a way to make a pre-lift, but why put resources into that when you don't need to. Most of RMC's ground up creations do not have that much of an interesting pre-lift either. Ala Goliath, Outlaw Run etc. Doesn't make them any less of a ride, does it?

^Why not put resources into that when you didn't need to? They didn't need to do it for TC or Joker but they did and it's a fun little twerk. And that's Six Flags. They could just have easily done it for Meaner Streak with such a low pricetag for what they're paying for what's going to happen.

On another note: It is remarkable how saying anything besides "I LOVE IT!" with some people on this site automatically translates to complaining.

"I felt a little rattle on this ride..." COMPLAINING

"I think they could have picked a better color scheme..." COMPLAINING

"Is there a reason they let people walk around with their ass cracks showing?" COMPLAINING

"Gatekeeper probably had the best potential as a wing coaster, but fell short because of it being rather forceless..." COMPLAINING

"I am not a fan of poor operations at a theme park..." COMPLAINING

"My mom has cancer and is going to die in the next month..." COMPLAINING

"A pre-lift besides the one they had before on Mean Streak considering what other major coasters have done to make it fun would have been really cool, it's too bad they didn't do something like that at Cedar Point as well..." COMPLAINING

^Why not put resources into that when you didn't need to? They didn't need to do it for TC or Joker but they did and it's a fun little twerk. And that's Six Flags. They could just have easily done it for Meaner Streak with such a low pricetag for what they're paying for what's going to happen.

On another note: It is remarkable how saying anything besides "I LOVE IT!" with some people on this site automatically translates to complaining.

"Is there a reason they let people walk around with their A$$ cracks showing?" COMPLAINING

"Gatekeeper probably had the best potential as a wing coaster, but fell short because of it being rather forceless..." COMPLAINING

"A pre-lift besides the one they had before on Mean Streak considering what other major coasters have done to make it fun would have been really cool, it's too bad they didn't do something like that at Cedar Point as well..." COMPLAINING

No, you are entitled to your opinion, I'm simply stating mine. I guess we can agree to disagree.

Both Twisted Colossus and Joker had fun pre-lift sections because the original rides had a long section of track before the lift hill. It would have been a waste if they had simply left it boring. Now if both of those rides had their lift hill right next to the station, then they most likely would have also had an uneventful pre-lift like the other RMC's.

Maverick, next to a RMC....is incomprehensible, until this opens

There will now be no reason for my wife and I to visit the front of the park. The area of the park from MF to Maverick was already our favorite part of the park and where we spent most of our time during our last visit. Now, our happy place will stretch just a bit farther! I'd scrap Valravn for a good ol' fashion log flume in Shoot the Rapids' location.

(all of the above is personal opinion)

I also agree with the pre-lift section, though. I was hoping for a launch into a break run, into a jo-jo roll over a funnel cake stand with open grease pits, leading into a couple bouncy-bounce wave turns. COME ON CEDAR POINT! This ride f**king disgrace.

"Is there a reason they let people walk around with their A$$ cracks showing?" COMPLAINING

Most of these examples are the textbook definition of complaining. The cancer one isn't, and it's totally irrelevant to basically everything and a few other ones are debatable. Also, you just made up a quote that's phrased much differently than your initial quote of...

If this is a 2018 project we have absolutely no idea what we're in for. Although what the track looks like from the station to the lift seems super unsatisfying thus far. I mean compared to Joker and Twisted Colossus, with a fun pre-lift, if this is such a big ride---they couldn't do better than that? Such a mediocre B&M pre-lift style. If it's for 2o17 we'll be wishing they waited a year and took the time to make it a much better ride for 2018.

...which is much more whiny.

I mean, I don't care if you're technically complaining or not but I thought I would point out the fact that you're bending things a little bit. And personally, I don't care at all about the pre-lift. Wicked Cyclone doesn't do anything before the lift and Wicked Cyclone is awesome.

Edited by coasterbill

We have next to NO idea what the ride is going to be like, and we're already complaining about the track between the station and lift? Seriously?!?! Boy, I can't wait to read all the complaints after the official announcement.

All this means is that you haven't ridden Twisted Colossus, therefor you have no idea about the magical pre-lift section we're missing out on, you ignorant fool! Punch yourself in the face!

Who's up for protesting? It's 2016, so that means we can burn down a couple buildings until we get what we want.

I also agree with the pre-lift section, though. I was hoping for a launch into a break run, into a jo-jo roll over a funnel cake stand with open grease pits, leading into a couple bouncy-bounce wave turns. COME ON CEDAR POINT! This ride f**king disgrace.

Although it will most-likely be incredible no matter the track, I definitely prefer Topper Track. In my opinion, the Topper Track RMC's ride differently than the IBox RMC's. Outlaw Run has a distinct wood feel that the others don't really have (Medusa comes closest).

- I want Mean Streak to have that wood feel.

- I think Cedar Point deserves a great wooden coaster.

- I think they have a ton of marketing potential for records if they keep it wood.

That's why I care between Topper and IBox.

^I think that all depends on what type of RMC it is. I feel like we have come to terms with the fact that the I-Box is not a wooden coaster as the entire track section is made of steel. If it is a topper track, where most of the base of the track section is wood, then it will be a wooden coaster and you will not hear as many people saying that Blue Streak is the only wood coaster in the park.